Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

So when bringing the 4 y o grandson home for the day and stay the night Grandma Linda thought it a good idea to check out the going out of business sale at yep, Toys R Us. Just one fairly small bag filled with the biggest headaches known to man - Lego sets. Yeah the sets with an estimated 3-4 million pieces, some microscopic in size. But the little one isn't content with doing one, then the next and so on. So we have 3 Lego sets open (9-12 million pieces) to keep separated from one another. This started about 1and now at 8:30 one kit is complete, I think I need to disassemble one or the part is lost and the third not yet started. My f'in head hurts, I'm half again blind from starting nearly blind to begin with, I didn't pick the correct bowl for ice cream and finally retreated to the cave, defeated. Now to hunt down the bastard at Legos that thought they would be a fun family project -- 

Crap I gotta go - the little bugger got past the guard and is fast approaching ---?!?! 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

second that ... i’m a doc martin fan.

I like his shoes, got a pair of leather lace ups.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Have you seen the movie The Accountant?

Very good movie, and I'm not much of an Affleck fan. The Town was good also.

28 minutes ago, richieb said:

So when bringing the 4 y o grandson home for the day and stay the night Grandma Linda thought it a good idea to check out the going out of business sale at yep, Toys R Us. Just one fairly small bag filled with the biggest headaches known to man - Lego sets. Yeah the sets with an estimated 3-4 million pieces, some microscopic in size. But the little one isn't content with doing one, then the next and so on. So we have 3 Lego sets open (9-12 million pieces) to keep separated from one another. This started about 1and now at 8:30 one kit is complete, I think I need to disassemble one or the part is lost and the third not yet started. My f'in head hurts, I'm half again blind from starting nearly blind to begin with, I didn't pick the correct bowl for ice cream and finally retreated to the cave, defeated. Now to hunt down the bastard at Legos that thought they would be a fun family project -- 

Crap I gotta go - the little bugger got past the guard and is fast approaching ---?!?! 

Haha....better go catch him!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

there is a drug for that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Lined all the bills up on the ironing board (took many times) and used the iron to dry them.  came out nice -- young gal at the bank didn’t mind either. 

I know @dtel is going to hassle me about this; but, true story ... when i was selling the pickup, i was cleaning all kinds of stuff from behind the seat.  I saw this plastic grocery bag and grabbed it ... it was heavy and so i opened it up ... it was full of money, mostly coins; but, many bills too.

No I'm not going to hassle you about leaving money all over, but what is this ironing board thing ?

One good thing about the way you store money is if you leave the house and forget your wallet no problem, you still have enough to go eat and fill up your car. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, USNRET said:
3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i’m going with Carl ... good guy; but, quick on the lock.   wait, you have to tell me your forum doc martin.

I'm going with @Chief bonehead tells it as it is

Yes he does, and then just looks at you like what you got to say about that ? The best thing to do is give some line of :pwk_bs: that somewhat makes sense, it's what he's use to.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, richieb said:

I know exactly how that works, have about 2-3 million on the living room floor right now, 4 yo grandson. Last night he grabbed his moms energy drink and had a couple of shots before he was caught, I thought I was going to have to go in the garage and get some duct tape but his mom kept an eye on him.

I see why old people do not have kids !

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dtel said:

No I'm not going to hassle you about leaving money all over, but what is this ironing board thing ?

One good thing about the way you store money is if you leave the house and forget your wallet no problem, you still have enough to go eat and fill up your car. :rolleyes:

when i was working, i’ve bought lunch for a week just off the change that i had in the console. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

I know exactly how that works, have about 2-3 million on the living room floor right now, 4 yo grandson. Last night he grabbed his moms energy drink and had a couple of shots before he was caught, I thought I was going to have to go in the garage and get some duct tape but his mom kept an eye on him.

-- or conversely, why young people get old --?!?! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

when i was working, i’ve bought lunch for a week just off the change that i had in the console. 

It doesn't surprise me at all, the money in the car is not a bad thing really.

We were in Hope one time and the bank called my wife about her debit cards, my laughed and said no it's us were in Hope that's why there is a bunch of charges from this area, she knows the lady at the bank. The lady said no I called wanting to know if you bought 2 hover boards from New York totaling a few thousand. My wife said NO and the lady said we didn't think so, it looked suspicious and similar to other accounts so we froze the account, is that OK ? My wife said no were out of town with little or no cash, the lady said go to a atm while your on the phone and I will unlock it you can get cash and we will freeze it again right after. We did, the lady said usually they will try to use that number a few time in a few days and if it does not work they just move on. 

This kind of thing happened a few times in the last couple of years, luckily we have not been stuck with any loss, it's just a pain to have to get new cards and numbers especially if you have anything that comes out automatically. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, richieb said:
15 minutes ago, dtel said:

-- or conversely, why young people get old --?!?! 

True, there is a saying, ........insanity is hereditary,  you get it from your kids.

My daughter is a teacher, and is helping a girl (Cousin) by watching her baby for the last week. The girl has another kid and had a hard time moving and watching two kids. So while she is teaching we have been watching the baby during the day and she watched her at night. So besides the Lego's or whatever they are there is a baby crib in the living room and one of electric swings and all the other baby paraphernalia that follows a baby. But the baby got use to listening to music all day, weather she wanted to or not, she didn't have a choice.   She will be gone soon and then it's just grand kids off and on, I can take it in little dosses.  

• Like 1