Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I had an Ebonite wolf ball [I think a timberwolf].  My money ball. It was the right color, too. Green. 

BST

you would have loved HI. You could make decent just bowling league pots. A person could walk out after a league night $1000+

Watched some of the Kareem/BruceLee vid.

Mr Lee could use Kareem's jewels for a speed bag. A "low blow" was shoulder height for Lee

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I had an Ebonite wolf ball [I think a timberwolf].  My money ball. It was the right color, too. Green. 

BST

you would have loved HI. You could make decent just bowling league pots. A person could walk out after a league night $1000+

maybe on occasion ... i realized that i was mediocre when i noticed after 87 games my average was 213 and I the third best ON MY TEAM and the worst male on the team. Five bowler teams, had to have at least two females per team. Anchor man was in the 230s, other guy was either 222 or 227.  on occasion, we all got hot and put up some good scores.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

maybe on occasion ... i realized that i was mediocre when i noticed after 87 games my average was 213 and I the third best ON MY TEAM and the worst male on the team. Five bowler teams, had to have at least two females per team. Anchor man was in the 230s, other guy was either 222 or 227.  on occasion, we all got hot and put up some good scores.

not on the shot we laid out in HI. Not brickyard ... but, if you threw a bad ball, you were justly "rewarded". High average in the house was 200. We didn't play the 10 - 10 wallyball.  You would call it a juicy sport shot.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

at Lihue I carried 185 and was competitive.

the house shots, now day, is toooooooooo easy. Send it toward the gutter with a little stuff.. We call it HelenKeller. Not "area", a whole time zone.

takes the fun out of the game. I'm not good enough to play with the big boys and local/house bowling is boring.

We play with house balls [the old black rubber ones], to make it fun... and still pop 200's

"Working" at the lanes was a lot of fun. I miss it.

• Like 4

I worked for JackCook [managed the Showboat in LV] for a while. He'd see me coming up from the pit

"Bill, Street shoes, house balls and I'll give you 25 pins"

"You're on. Keep the 25. I don't wanna hear it when/if I beat you"

that man could throw one ball and make the right adjustment. I learned a lot from him. And had fun doing it.

I didn't start bowling until I was almost 40. Not where I had an idea ...

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i quit bowling in 2001.  I always bowled with/against people far better than me -- i felt that made me better. I learned a lot from them.  One of the guys on my team averaged 230+ , he was about ten years older than me and looked like Alice Cooper; but, that guy could watch me bowl and instantly know what i needed to do to fix my shot that night.  oh yeah, i’m stubborn, i would spend three games trying to force a shot that just wasn’t going to work on the conditions. 

So, I never won the side pots because we had numerous people that averaged 210+

Went to sweeps in Vegas once and came in first, so i cleaned up that day. 

• Like 4

been prepping the garden for planting

I am still pulling football size rock. I have always thought that sand is baby rocks.  If you don't harvest them regularly they can grow quite large.

the reason you don't grow rocks from this miraclegrow soil... it has been sterilized. they killed all the seeds.:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

some game?!?

glad I tivo'd it and just skimmed the 2nd half. I did, intently, watch the 1st. Didn't really care who won, but would have enjoyed a closer game.

thinking about sitting at the lake today ... after a trip to the "mall"[dump/tip]. Worst part of that is trying to refrain from bring more back than I take. There is always stuff that is useful.  I have to limit myself to bringing things home that have an immediate use. Too easy to gather up lots of "this will work for something ... too good to let go"...

Peruvian coffee for starters.  4AM... and I am about ready to do something.  If I was single, the house would be rockin' and housework done.  Some folks seem to need sleep, tho.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I'm an early riser also, but I'm not a coffee drinker.

Then I hope you’re playing with some cables; drinking cocktails at this hour is not advised, even if it makes you eligible to participate in this thread. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5