Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

My wife sleeps till around 6:15, she's a school teacher also, and a coffee drinker!

You mean you get up earlier ?

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

As long as that pot of coffee gives you enough strength to keep moving :D

I have a feeling you stay pretty busy, I've seen the overhead photo of your crib, that takes a lot of hard work. Plus I don't think Mrs. Dtel would let you take it too easy!

I've been busy today watching the storms roll through. We've had 3" of rain today.

It helps me get and keep moving, Christy is usually the one telling me take a break or come sit down. I do not do well doing nothing, I might be slow and take breaks but I need to have something to do. I go to sleep late, but no matter what time I go to sleep I always sleep 8-9 hours, when I get up there is no going back to sleep and NO naps, on purpose at least.

If I have nothing to do I make up something, that's how we ended up with a tiki bar in the yard. :blush:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dtel said:

You mean you get up earlier ?

It helps me get and keep moving, Christy is usually the one telling me take a break or come sit down. I do not do well doing nothing, I might be slow and take breaks but I need to have something to do. I go to sleep late, but no matter what time I go to sleep I always sleep 8-9 hours, when I get up there is no going back to sleep and NO naps, on purpose at least.

If I have nothing to do I make up something, that's how we ended up with a tiki bar in the yard. :blush:

I'm always up around 4-5am no matter what time I go to bed. I am noted for taking a late afternoon nap on occasions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i just popped in to see if you folks were talking about me and what kind of things you were saying.

Not you this time my friend.  We could talk about my 5 incarcerations in Face Book jail if you like.

• Like 3

Just now, Tarheel said:

Not you this time my friend.  We could talk about my 5 incarcerations in Face Book jail if you like.

never been on Facebook, so face book jail is something i know nothing about.  Do you need a character reference?  I’ll stand with you and show them there are people worse off than you and they should be happy that you joined them and i didn’t.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

never been on Facebook

I have never either, but my a$$ has, I mooned everyone in a family picture once and they told me it was on facebook.

i sensed a flurry a secret PMs being sent. I figured you all were pitching in for my birthday present since every one of you has missed every one of my birthdays.

It's easy to miss your birthday, mostly because I have no idea when it is and if I did I would forget it anyway. I was lucky my wife's is Christmas day.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It's in the mail.  Not really, it is intended to be in the mail and it is the thought that counts.

OHH good point, plus we sent a new toaster with everything else we meant to send. :emotion-51::emotion-19:

• Haha 2

Just now, dtel said:

I have never either, but my a$$ has, I mooned everyone in a family picture once and they told me it was on facebook.

It's easy to miss your birthday, mostly because I have no idea when it is and if I did I would forget it anyway. I was lucky my wife's is Christmas day.

OHH good point, plus we sent a new toaster with everything else we meant to send. :emotion-51::emotion-19:

with friends like you guys ...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

But, if those thoughts come with Raider tickets, then I’ll happily accept them.

We thought about sending some of those also, we had many good thoughts, you should be very happy.

When is your birthday anyway, not that I'm going to remember ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtel said:

It's easy to miss your birthday, mostly because I have no idea when it is

are you saying that Carl @CECAA850 is smarter than you?  a couple of years ago, he somehow he managed to figure out when my birthday was and started a happy birthday thread.  Rumor has it that it was the most successful thread in the history of this forum.  I used to feel bad because i’ve never in my life had a birthday party.  Told that to my brother once and he said, “neither have I.”  Now, i’ve lost that neglected specialness that i was had all to my own. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

When is your birthday anyway, not that I'm going to remember ?

Let’s just say, it’s during the summer.  But, i used to get free sodas at work all the time. There were a lot of people that worked there, so whenever someone was standing in front of the soda machine, i’d ask if they were going to buy me a soda as a birthday present.  

Then there was the time, i brought a cane to work and started walking with a bad limp ... then there was the time... now that i think of it, it’s a wonder that people talked to me at all. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

are you saying that Carl @CECAA850 is smarter than you?  a couple of years ago, he somehow he managed to figure out when my birthday was and started a happy birthday thread.  Rumor has it that it was the most successful thread in the history of this forum.  I used to feel bad because i’ve never in my life had a birthday party.  Told that to my brother once and he said, “neither have I.”  Now, i’ve lost that neglected specialness that i was had all to my own. 

Well that's pretty depressing:(

You are like the Rodney Dangerfield of the left coast, no respect I tell you.

Then there was the time, i brought a cane to work and started walking with a bad limp ... then there was the time i said that i had epilepsy ... now that i think of it, it’s a wonder that people talked to me at all. 

Not bad if nothing else go for the sympathy vote, especially with women ! :emotion-55:Whatever works, like there not playing worse games. :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

you know, i have enough trouble with my own thoughts ... i don’t need anyone else’s.   But, if those thoughts come with Raider tickets, then I’ll happily accept them.

I thought you were getting the tickets?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1