Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

They have them here also but they don't grow wild, palmettos do grow here, the leaf is very close but no trunk they stay close to the ground.

The real thatch well the most popular is from some palm tree? (picture) You might recognize it from living in Hawaii?

The main thing is I didn't want the expense or trouble to replace it every few years, I'm not getting any younger.

3 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

working at the campground... some crazy stuff.

Not your average campground apparently. 

This the most common thatch they sell for huts.

44b8700d5dc0ca5622df0dc3351b2ab6--bamboo-palm-bamboo-fencing.jpg

• Like 1

you don't?...  

`bet a Hawaiian would  scratch their head to see coco palm leaves being sold. I can hear them...

Having moved here from the midwest, you can imagine my look to see corn husks being sold at the grocery. I still chuckle

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Owners daughter, my age, was quite entertaining. From sunbathing nude to bringing her boa into the store/restaurant. People would flat drop their stuff and leave    So... with that going on, having the exotic dancers residing at the grounds would come as little surprise.They would come in the place wearing fishnet tops. 2in fishnet...

That brings back really good and bad memories of my time spent in Aiken S.C./Augusta Ga.  I'm not going to post any of those stories anywhere, as I'm happily married and Denise would castrate me just to make sure that I wasn't able to produce any new memories.  Now, at the next pilgrimage if the subject comes up without someone videoing the conversation.....HMMMMMMMMMMMM, might tell a few, it was a wild time in my life.  :emotion-14:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

ya know what got Tom and Jerry censored?

It wasn't the stereotypical portrayal of the lady of the house..... it was that she always had a cigarette burning...

Da^m dim-wits!

I can't for the life of me comprehend how all that dark & demonic stuff played now-a-days is better for the youngsters than an anvil shot out of a cannon missing a hundred mile an hour road-runner. Oh wait it's part of their plan... O*&^(&^  O876764    Bio7696rkhv4

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Pete H said:

, might tell a few, it was a wild time in my life.

as a teenager, I used to hang with bikers. Actually the son of one of the poobahs... this is where I learned that the kitchen is the proper place to rebuild a Harley...

I dated the house mother at a gentlemen's club. Drove long haul for a while... seen/done some, too

might be why I don't leave the property... I might do something.

getting like a couple in here... Cindy and "Mugger"... We would only see Mugger once a year or so... nice guy... tended to get into trouble

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, WillyBob said:

So... with that going on, having the exotic dancers residing at the grounds would come as little surprise.They would come in the place wearing fishnet tops. 2in fishnet...

I worked there for a few years.

Pics or it didn't happen.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Thanks for asking Pete!

Hopefully down to a couple more days.  It's been a week today and Google says the duration is 7-10 days.  Mucinex, Claratin, chicken soup, orange juice, Scotch, and rest.  The rest part isn't hard as I have absolutely no energy.  Going stir crazy too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Pete H said:

How's your summer cold doing @Tarheel still nursing it with the Scotch?

There's the problem wrong kind of nursing, and her name is not scotch

45 minutes ago, Pete H said:

I had something similar, after not being sick a day in 8 years and took 2 sick days but it lingered and kept me about 85% for over a week so the end is near.

85%, there still getting their moneys worth.

The end is near, don't give up dude it's only 15%, some of us are running on only 20%.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Gettin' "mature" isn't for kitty-cats.

Heard that for so long that I'm old now and it's true. & live with someone raised on a farm that's 30 years older... I blame my am attitude on not getting my coffee yet. But heck it hurts sometimes.

@Tarheel up until my late 30s if I got sick enough to stay at home and not get paid this is how it went down. Vitiman C from fresh citrus, (Has to be fresh.) usually the lemons for the tea. Plus that old Armitron digital watch I had from almost 1978 set to go off every ten minutes. I'd drink a whole glass of water with the lemon every ten minutes. We're at about the same latitude so you know a glass is 16 oz right?

After about an hour it gets near impossible to go to the kitchen and get the glass refilled cause you have to stand over the toilet so much.

Wizz those germs out in one or two days at the most the four or more times I recall doing that.

Get Better Soon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1