Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

26 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

my boss where he informs me that according to Fedex my new work laptop was delivered the day before.

that happens to my friend all too frequently with FedX's regular driver. His packages don't even get to a similar address. Strange that the sub driver can find his place OK.

------------------------

regular coffee --

In Boston "regular" is not as opposed to decaf... 

I was asked if I wanted regular.

Yes

What I got ... cream and sugar in my coffee.

I only use that stuff when the coffee is nasty

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

that happens to my friend all too frequently with FedX's regular driver. His packages don't even get to a similar address. Strange that the sub driver can find his place OK.

------------------------

regular coffee --

In Boston "regular" is not as opposed to decaf... 

I was asked if I wanted regular.

Yes

What I got ... cream and sugar in my coffee.

I only use that stuff when the coffee is nasty

It’s the second time it’s happened to me in the past two months.

The first was my usb UMIK. 
I recognized the delivery picture as being my elderly neighbors back patio.

He doesn’t have a mailbox or a street number on the front of his house like I do.

My USPS guy is way better.

He puts stuff on my side porch if it looks like it will rain.

Around Christmas he even comes to knock on the door to make sure it’s me and not the kids seeing a package get dropped off if he can help it.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

and only during the day and night

Ya got that right!

Hope that back starts feeling better.  Ya never know how complex your back really is until things start going wonky with it. 

No problems getting in and out of bed anymore it's just getting to sleep when I'm all tucked in.  Thinking about getting the clock outta there now.  Maybe I'll sleep better if I have to roll over and hit the cell for the time.   Something's gotta work.  :)

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

It’s the second time it’s happened to me in the past two months.

Before you were born... we had just moved to Wisconsin (just south of the beltline in Madison). Family in Chattanooga sent a package that also contained a check. The package got delivered to the same number, but a block over on a different street. Was addressed to me... the guy in the partment it went to had the same name.

Two moves later, we were now on the other side of town about ten blocks from the capitol. This guy stops by to give us a package he received but meant for us. Same guy... now living one block over, same house number, same name.

So, just to warn you, there may be more events like that ahead in your life.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Before you were born... we had just moved to Wisconsin (just south of the beltline in Madison). Family in Chattanooga sent a package that also contained a check. The package got delivered to the same number, but a block over on a different street. Was addressed to me... the guy in the partment it went to had the same name.

Two moves later, we were now on the other side of town about ten blocks from the capitol. This guy stops by to give us a package he received but meant for us. Same guy... now living one block over, same house number, same name.

So, just to warn you, there may be more events like that ahead in your life.

Well, I’ve got these folks in the next town over.

IMG_1257.thumb.jpeg.0747483075002708c3e8ab106af2a708.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The K of C hosted a pancake breakfast this morning and I had volunteered to cook the pancakes and sausage during Mass so everything would be ready to go on time.

We ended up serving about 40 people with a number of the kids coming back for seconds and thirds.

IMG_1256.thumb.jpeg.9d431b5b472755e5906dc72725235226.jpeg

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

The K of C hosted a pancake breakfast this morning and I had volunteered to cook the pancakes and sausage during Mass so everything would be ready to go on time.

We ended up serving about 40 people with a number of the kids coming back for seconds and thirds.

IMG_1256.thumb.jpeg.9d431b5b472755e5906dc72725235226.jpeg

That's what you have for a Griddle ??

Yowser ..how did you make it through ??

Gotta have Gas Griddle for crowds

Or A commercial kitchen

• Like 3