Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

This is interesting ...

the manager of the ranch, where boy works, is sending him to school.... and paying him, too. No, not to learn Spanish... I think boy is the only "hand" that speaks English as a first language. Boy can go to school on GI bill, but, the ranch will pay anyway. I suppose he is going to learn the business side of things... IDK. Pretty cool though. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Grasshopper... for the dock to have everything work on it, there should be a software driver installed on the laptop.

she has been using this dock for some time.  The monitor she was using got broken and we are trying to make this one work. If there is software in the dock, it may not recognize this monitor?

3 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

she has been using this dock for some time.  The monitor she was using got broken and we are trying to make this one work. If there is software in the dock, it may not recognize this monitor?

If it’s been working with another monitor then it’s probably fine.

Are you setting the monitor to use the VGA input via it’s on screen display and menu buttons?

Sometimes even if they are set to auto detect input they won’t switch depending on the display protocol passed through from a docking station.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Marvel said:

1. What connections are on the dock?

VGA Ethernet and several USB

2. Does it connect to the computer with a USB cable?

No. There is a long connection [not one of what we have been discussing] that engages the laptop when you lock the laptop to the dock

3. What video out ports are on the laptop? vga or hdmi?

VGA - no. HDMI - yes

I think this is what I'm seeing

expand to see my answers 

The timer on the oil pumps for our popcorn machines at the movie theater where I used to work had a row of dip switches to set the time that the pump would run.

Typical 8bit octet of switches with the units in seconds.

first switch was 0/1 seconds, the next switch was 0/2, 0/4, etc.

One morning someone had messed with the switches on one of the timer units and the guy that noticed(who might have been the guy who messed with it in the first place) thought he knew how it worked and he figured we needed about 8 seconds worth of oil so he flipped them all on and pressed the start button.

255 seconds later…

• Haha 2

I'm up early for once.  Time to hit the mower before the oven comes up to temp.  Pushin mid 90's today so yea, I'm on it!  Better enjoy it while I can cause leaves are next here in Sherwood forest.  I could drop some big bucks and buy a rider with cans on the back but that would be too easy.  So much fun whining about it every fall.  lol    

No coffee yet but it's gonna happen in an hour.  Ground and loaded just have to push the GO button!  :)

• Haha 1