Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

5 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

My girlfriend was one of the photography students and we ended up spending a lot of time making prints in the darkroom during the open lab times.

Fems in darkrooms can be fun!   I'd help out in the Nikon Lab @ Indy.  The only thing I can say is our wall of shame every year was totally off the charts.  We even had the fem shooters we let come back staring at the wall.  Then sha-zam we couldn't do it anymore.  Never did find out how that happened.   😂   It had been a tradition for years.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

I'm worried about the Florida guys.  I know @billybob is right in that big bend area.  It just keeps looking worse.  Kinda wonder what else will be coming in down the road.

Yes wondering 2 Dave. 90 miles from and having a time...

May not have to go back...lol.

Thanks

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

My work camera, there behind me, was a Cinema Products CP-16/A. fully loaded, with a 400 ft roll of 16mm reversal film, was about 17 lbs. I quit when they started with video, and the recorders were about 25-30lbs and the camera another 10+. They were just too heavy for me to lug around all day. People are still using the CP-16s for film work. They could be modified for super16, with a widescreen aperture.

This is mid to late '70s

bruce_peoria _final_sm2.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, billybob said:

Yes wondering 2 Dave. 90 miles from and having a time...

May not have to go back...lol.

Thanks

Yea man you are in our thoughts now, hang tight and get back with us when you get the power back on!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/28/2023 at 5:10 PM, grasshopper said:

breakfast is good any time of day.

Wife won't eat eggs for breakfast [AM].... but is OK with them for lunch or dinner.????

then, she will fix stew on a day it is 100`, too. 

You can ask ... but, I don't get it either...

Beer is great with Breakfast if you are out of Coffee 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

My work camera, there behind me, was a Cinema Products CP-16/A. fully loaded, with a 400 ft roll of 16mm reversal film, was about 17 lbs. I quit when they started with video, and the recorders were about 25-30lbs and the camera another 10+. They were just too heavy for me to lug around all day. People are still using the CP-16s for film work. They could be modified for super16, with a widescreen aperture.

This is mid to late '70s

bruce_peoria _final_sm2.jpg

Nerd !!!  😀

• Haha 1

when my grandmother passed gas, it was announced with "Oh Jesus ... that was a good one!"

-------------------------

Fresh coffee already. Trying to figure out what /where I'm doing.

Cat dragged a short-tailed "rat" in, this AM. I think it was a vole. IDK. It got tossed back out.  I'll call it cat food.

The Kiwano melon plants are growing... They can get a little wild. `The vines look like prehistoric cucumbers. They grow vigorously here.  I should be able to sell a few. retail is $6ea and they are 1/2lb. It would take some marketing to get that. Promote them as the new superfood...lol

• Haha 1

Last night the weather was cool and clear and I slipped away from the house for a few hours to catch a Bob Dylan tribute show that was playing at the lounge downtown.

Chrome Horse - The Bob Dylan Tribute

IMG_1296.thumb.jpeg.17c7e3528baeb005673ff5770d8d99dd.jpeg

The guy put on a good show and his Gibson sounded great.

no four legged friends this time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1