Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

The brick and that one wall submerged into the ground with the 6 or 8 ft outcroppings on the front and the back is all dry and I couldn't find a single crack anywhere. 

I can see what looks like electric lines on the left side of the pic but I don't recall seeing any going up to the house or the meter is on the back. It looks like it comes up from under. All that is good and it's 1018 ft with .8x acres of rock and mostly deciduous trees. I'll be working on getting evergreens in there within a couple years, but right now it's the basics. With the kitchen /den and one bedroom being the same type of snap together Pergo type flooring I'm going to try to match that. 

Music area is small, so the Forte IIIs plus the two subs might be a bit much. Maybe opening the windows will make it work well!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, billybob said:

Congratulations @JohnJ

That outcropping is about perfect for your outdoor bandshell. Nice place...

Thanks bud, I could actually have coffee in my boxers out there if it wasn't cold like it is. My grill and table too, won't need the big patio umbrella for shade until I get that possibly threatening tree out.

There's no boulevard below it or city side streets. It's quiet. It's high above the lake and I'm serious, it's beautiful less than a minute's walk downhill from my driveway, but that's where the 3000 ft² and up homes are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never thought of a bandshell @billybob but you could be onto something.  :)  

Got my mugga and loading up.  About 64 today "they" say and the suns out so you know where I'm heading.

Kid next door put his Xmas Santa blow up and the Christmas lights on his house so tht tell ya anything?  He hasn't raked a leaf out for the city boys this year.  Two big maples out front and 2  40' oaks out back headed my way.   Robin Hood across the street has 7 40' oaks and a hickory tree that are half off.  Not looking good for the home team.

Thinking about going stealth mode and taking my trusty old Randall Model 1 knife to Santa next door.  Then calling the tree guys to drop some of the oaks while Robin Hood is down in Panama this winter.  Twenty years here and they're still untouched and growing.  Astroturf?

Maybe I can find a place in Virginia like some other lucky dude I know.  

• Haha 2

Ha!  Duckburg!  Got a day off from leaf duty but the downside of that is the rains rolled in over night and wiped things out.  Sherwood Forest took a major hit and what didn't land in there wound up in my front yard ahhhhgain.  Bakcyard is the same way from the kid next door's two big oaks.  Temps dropping so when things dry out I'm hittin my place one last time.  Maybe.   😂

Band has a gig tonite downtown at the good ole Moose Lodge so that place should be packed.  It's fairly new and they do weekend dinners so it should be packed. Think I'll blow it off.  Grandson has hoops practice so I'm the designated driver  Mom and Dad are bowling so might have to pick him up too.  That's enough runnin for me.

Think I'm gonna unzip a few new lp's outta the pile and give 'em a listen this afternoon.  Add some dishes and a load of laundry to the mix so I'll be good to go. 

The 5# ham is ordered from John's favorite market for Thanksgiving and I'm ready for bean soup w/the leftovers.  Nuttin on the planet better than watchin the OSU/ichigan game with a big ole bowl full loaded up w/ @oldtimer hot sauce.  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Working on those KP-250.

This little guy is a perfect fit although he’s a few dB hotter than the K79.

I’ve got the crossover circuit modeled up in LTSpice but I’m going to get some measurement curves first before I decide how much I think I need to pad it down.

Unlike another popular tweeter driver, this one gets all the way to 20kHz with no problem.

IMG_1873.jpeg.e7e49a3885d7c9de9f08fe43d150acbc.jpeg
IMG_1874.jpeg.8bc6759f96e4d207295fdbeb70d72780.jpeg

It’s Saturday morning and I’ve got to make a cup of coffee and decide what what else I’m going to get done today.

IMG_1838.jpeg.801fbe224863cb7ba23f284eb08d7516.jpeg

• Like 3

After running some measurements and checking what parts I had on hand and seeing how they modeled in LTSpice I just put a 1.3uF cap across the tweeter.

green=CDX1-1412 wide open.

orange=CDX1-1412 with the 1.3uF capacitor.

brown=stock K-79.

IMG_1896.png.ffb6c821d2d43bf63e694740740028ce.png

Honestly if I had another K-79 on hand I would probably just use it to replace the busted one I’ve got.

But, since I don’t, it’s nice to be able to replace it with something with better power handling that can hang out past 20kHz.

Time to go see if there are any lonely dogs at the local brewery and check out the classic rock cover band playing tonight.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

took me two trips to the grocery ... but, got what I need for T'day.

Went last Friday. The place was a madhouse. Everything was out of stock. And they were unloading the truck. The store was full of people and ...  well ... I got about half of what I went for.

Today .... wife had a Dr appt. I figured an hour.

Went to the store. Parking place right in front. Grabbed a cart from the caddy. It didn't crab. A very cute lady smiled [maybe laughed] at me as I was going in.... I was wearing my sarong and robe ..

The store was well stocked. About 1/3 the people as Friday.  I found everything I was looking for and was back at the Dr's office in 45 min. Wife had just finished.

a pleasurable shopping trip.

that lady that smiled at me made my day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Got a lil start of a Thanksgiving cactus a year ago and I think it likes it's spot a lot.  lolimage.png

It's not rocket science is it @grasshopper?  Just a lil water and love.  It works on all kinds of plants.  😂

I think the bulk of it's finally gone here in Duckburg.  Robin Hood finally got his place done again yesterday while I was out running.  Things looked pretty good here on Sunday and the rain came in overnight  Still a lot up in the trees at his place so maybe another trip around the barn for me and maybe not  :)  The down side is they won't p;ick them up in the spring.  

image.pngYea, they all blow my way!

That was Sunday morning.   Didn't want to be Mr Obvious outside takin pics w/my cell so hid behing my lil Chinese maple tree.  lol

No dogs were involved in the taking of this photo.  Carry on.  I quit!  Back to abby normal :)    Young Frankenstein Abby Normal GIF - Young Frankenstein Abby Normal Igor GIFs

• Like 3

lasagna is in the oven. I will survive until T'day

I'm half afraid to go outside today. It is a bit on the breezy side. If there were leaves to rake ... they're gone. So are the garbage cans and you might want to tie down the VW.

I see the cats have their claws out, trying to keep a grip on the ground...

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, tommiek said:

To be honest, at first I was not a big fan of coffee, but then I read that it stimulates the metabolism and helps burn fat, so I try to drink coffee from expensive beans first thing in the morning and second thing on the way to training

Sounds like something a spammer would post.

• Like 3