Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Only guy I ever knew who could hit the pool dead center w/a TV outta the room 3 floors up.  It started that nite along with a couple other things.   Then there were the days the dirt bikes showed up.  Invincible we were!  lol  Man were we dumb!  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Robin Hood and the kid next to me are out with blowers and the kid is now mowing his yard.  It was snowing an hour ago.  Not much but...  They cut it off on the 1st every year but yesterday morning I did see the boys out cruisin thru the hood w/the truck and the vac tank.  I'm sure today that stuff is parked at the garage again and I'm gonna get every stinking one of the leaves they just blew out by spring  Whatever!  I'm done w/this garbage.  😂

• Like 2

Spectrum is havin some fun here in Duckburg today!  Neighbor (former mayor) just texted me and said that the crew putting in their new state of the art fiber optic lines just hit a main water line,  Seems as though some moron hit it somehow and it was a feeder line from all THREE water towers in the city,.  😂 😂  😂  Said the homeowner came out to tell them and his entire basement filled full of water.  😂  Only took about 3 minutes too!  Record time!  Anyone seen my snorkel laying around in here?  It's somewhere "safe" I know it!  Some big truck just pulled in down the street.  Could be my lucky day!  😂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

the crew putting in their new state of the art fiber optic lines just hit a main water line, 

my sister is going thru that in NC. They knocked the internet/phone/tv to her neighborhood while connecting a new sub-division. It's been out for a week or more ... intermittently

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

my sister is going thru that in NC. They knocked the internet/phone/tv to her neighborhood while connecting a new sub-division. It's been out for a week or more ... intermittently

Got an update a while ago.  I've been in the house that it flooded years ago.  The owner owned the Duckburg lumber company here.  The entire basemen was panelled w/4" knotty pine, had a nice bar with a fire place down there too.  Guess the water was coming out of the basement windows.  I mean it's not funny but...

Was a state of the art ranch style surrounded w/a few nice trees back in the day.  They'll be back here tomorrow and I'm gonna be gone all day soooooo.  😂

• Like 2

the other day, the wife came back from church with our grand and a friend of hers ... 2 little girls

I had the stereo blasting and Crazy Train [Ozzie Osborn] happened to be playing ... spotify "radio'

the girls came in and they were boppin' and a popping to it....

I thought it was kinda funny

devil music you say?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our organization had our annual Founders Day affair, celebrating 70 years of supporting folks with disabilities. We probably had around 500 folks here tonight. Many of our clients were here to celebrate...

We managed to get our pic with...

20231208_185947~2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well I've got an update too. I'm in my new house!

It's not actually mine yet because the bank still dragging their feet but with the weather like it was. I called to ask my guy if the bank would pay for a couple nights in a hotel for me until they got the paperwork here for us to do the deal.

He let me know that him and the selling agent were working on getting me in that night which was yesterday.

So I signed a little document to get in prior to closing and I'm in my new place.

It's tiring. I cleaned this place yesterday. Everything but in the cabinets, windows and the toilet. I wiped it off of course but not really cleaned it.

And today I have educated myself about leaf blowers. I got one that can blow 170 mph and I thought jeeze cat five that'll work! Wrong. It's flat out not good enough. Not enough when you're in a forest. I'll clean it up, take it back and get one that does 250 mph.

So I'm taking a break and heating some chili that I got to add jalapenos to this time. Also heating the coffee I made earlier today. Didn't take pics but it did happen after I warm up and dry off. I'll go back out in the cold rain and finish the driveway. I'm up at the top and it's pretty deep up there!

Felt nice to be under a roof again and without the approximate $80 charge. Nope it's the empty the bank account charge. Delete the six figures and the comma then go back to what's been normal for me except this is extraordinary because it's mine!

https://postimg.cc/ZCM4kMxW 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Yea, he dumped the cat and took the gnomes so you'd have to buy new ones and the cat door.  You've got such a big heart. 

Gonna fit perfectly in your new hood.  Congrats kinda maybe but you'll git her done me thinks.  Then we'll let ya know when we're all coming in for the partay!  Right now just kick back and one thing at a time til ya get it closed and own it!  Then it's balls to the wall.  😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1