Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

We had a busy evening at home, but this was on the news:

It happened around 2:30pm in the 2700 block of Vermont Avenue near Notre Dame High School.

Police say they arrived at the scene to find one person with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound.

The unidentified victim was taken to a local hospital.

Police say several places, including Notre Dame High and CHI Memorial, were placed on lockdown to allow officers to make sure the area was safe.

-----

Our offices/campus is about four blocks from where the shooting took place. We ere on lockdown, and they finally just let people leave, but locking the doors behind them as they left. Wife and I stayed about another 45 minutes and then went home. Tons of traffic like nothing was going on.

They haven't found the shooter as of curent news.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, babadono said:

Ah..if you're on the interstate you are not supposed to decelerate until you are on the exit ramp......  just sayin'

Yea, I get that but it's Ohio.  lol  It gets tight then I'll go w/the flow.  

13 hours ago, The Dude said:

Do you work for CHI or Common Spirit?

No, they are right across the street from where I work. Our facility takes care of people with intellectual /developmental disabilities, from grade school age up until they pass away. We've supported some individuals for over 50-60 years.

https://www.orangegrovecenter.org/history

• Like 3

11AM and 49 degrees in Duckburg this time of the year?  Sunny?  Groundhog factor? 

Might have to suit up and do a bit of yardwork leftover from fall.  Should be some leaves out there.  A few piles already in the street.  Sooo, will they call the city to bring the street sweeper out or will they lay and blow elsewhere? 

The LAST thing I wanna do is break out the blower, lawn sweeper and drive in circles.  NM coffee is done.  Problem solved.  :)

• Like 1

Well it was in the 50s yesterday and today! But the cold will come back soon for a lot of us according to what I read. One system to the west one to the east that will funnel the air from the Great White North right down here!

I do not know why but when I plugged my pc back to the www after being stored for half a year it updated to a different group of updates that are the more buggy ones that I left a couple years ago. It was in the 2300 level and what I'd been on will not ever jump from 2200 up to there. So I had to reinstall, and maybe the movies I want to watch will cooperate again.

• Like 2

My boss is a little ocd and runs non stop all day. Most of the departments decorate around certain holidays. For Halloween, he made a fake fireplace with bats hanging from the ceiling, and had a trigger set up to play Halloween songs for those who got near. He redid it at Christmas, and decided to leave the fireplace going. The fire is actually a large monitor play a loop of a real fire. Today he put a "mouse" in a rat trap he had.

20240208_163652~2.jpg

Screenshot_20240208-200110_Photos~2.jpg

• Haha 3

Hey @grasshopper what's with the Phoenix weather?  Daughter is working thw WM open and it's cold and pouring rain?  lolol  She let me know she left the camera gear at home thank goodness.  lol  I flipped on the Golf channel and yup great weather for ducks.  lol   :)  The more I see of that place and the gallery golf the more I wouldn't want to be a pro playing there.  Those fans get wild for sure sitting up there.  It's crazy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going to leave next tuesday for the rehab in a small city called Eilsen, it´s near by some interesting sightseeings .

The Extern Stones , these were built by earthquakes million years ago

externsteine.thumb.jpg.79ce35882c243ff2c40f7c42522e7eb7.jpg 

and the Hermann Landmark, he won some important battles against the romans 

herrmann.thumb.jpg.05ca6486b0ad78a5e287ee2747450785.jpg

I still have a few preparations to make before I take the train on Tuesday. The journey by train only takes 3 hours.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2024 at 1:29 PM, Marvel said:

We have active shooter drills once a month.

something we never thought about 20 years ago...

------------------------------------------

wow ... these on-line sports betting sites are buying a ton of air time.

------------------------------------------

Yeah, I've been watching tv today. Not a day fit to be out.  I think it has done everything but be warm. We were expecting some weather. It snowed at 8AM. A couple inches. Went back to bed. Got up ... it was gone and the sun was out. A wind came up and ... it snowed again. I don't think it has been much over 40`F. 

it will fair up next week. The gem show is over tomorrow. LOL Not to get too comfortable. The Tucson Rodeo is coming the end of the month ... and then the golf tournament. Plenty of opportunity for Murphy.

• Like 2

skimming thru the yahoo "news" ...

in Australia, there is a Save the Peach movement.

Someone was offended by g-string bathing suits and trying to make them illegal.

Save the Peach is the pushback

-------------------------------

I see kia is advertising a digital grill ... so you can pesonalize

I can see all kinds of fun coming from this. From ads to looking like a mack truck.... and then come the hackers LOL

• Haha 2

Save the peach?  Seriously?  :)

Eat A Peach

Showing my age again.  :)

5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

and then come the hackers LOL

You could be on to something.  Lil notes written backwards so the good looking female driver to read at the next stop light.  IF they have their make-up on and look in the mirror.  Cell numbers w/HMU?  Ya got that land of cactus thought processor werkin this morning.

I'm still on the coffee while watchin a big ole smoked ham shank boil down.  Looks like bean soup is on the menu this week.  Got the WM golf tournament on TV waitin on the crazies to go ballistic.  Looks like a beautiful day out there today.  

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Save the peach?  Seriously?  :)

Eat A Peach

Showing my age again.  :)

You could be on to something.  Lil notes written backwards so the good looking female driver to read at the next stop light.  IF they have their make-up on and look in the mirror.  Cell numbers w/HMU?  Ya got that land of cactus thought processor werkin this morning.

I'm still on the coffee while watchin a big ole smoked ham shank boil down.  Looks like bean soup is on the menu this week.  Got the WM golf tournament on TV waitin on the crazies to go ballistic.  Looks like a beautiful day out there today.  

my bad ... it is Free the Peach

c/p

A throng of thongs showed up to support the "Free the Peach" movement in Australia this morning to "peachfully" protest a ban on wearing thongs off the beach.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like I'm a Virginian now. Got the vehicle, license and insurance stuff started yesterday.

Tags came home with me, yes it's two. They have a front and a back here that I haven't seen since the mid 70s before I got my first car in 1979. Think I saw that front plate holder in the shed the other day. Dave... I did get out of having to pay taxes! With the proof that I paid when I got it last summer.

Man, it's windy up here, 40 mph easy with 40 degrees makes it chilly again. Rained heavily last night and when the sun was out good at 7am even the gravel & leaves were dried off by the wind!

• Like 3