Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Air show sounds like fun.  The old stuff flyin wouldn't be flying too long w/the new stuff.  Would be a fun watch though.  Sounds like ya had a fun day today.  Been doin a lil spinning today.  That was enough work for me.  lol  Stay safe out there @grasshopper!

Looks like Cali is getting just a bit of snow.  10' is nuts!

• Like 3

The Bubble got a salon treatment this week.  The transmission was leaking fluid so it got a new pan with gasket and bolts, a new filter to filter 8 quarts of fluid, and oil and filter change, air filter, cabin air filter, wiper blades, topped off the coolant, state inspection.

12 year old Z4 with 41,000 miles.  A 35is twin turbo, with a Burgar JB4 tune. An in practical car but it's daddy's baby.

That's about all my excitement and most of my money for the week.....

• Like 4

I've been grounded for a while here.  Oldest's SUV puked so she's been shopping for a month.  She works at home and shuffles her two kid's back and forth to school while he works out of town daily.  So she's been driving my old Maxima.  It's cool but...  I swear she was getting even with me.  lol

Finally cut a deal on a Ford Escape and picking it up Tuesday.  She always has a plate full and it seems that a vehicle was on the back burner til she got time.  Seriously?  Kids.

Next warm day I get to shovel out the big stuff from the grands then break out the blower on the interior.  Shop vacs?  Blah, you're done in 5 minutes and won't believe the money that blows out.  Last time I found a 20 from somewhere.    Blowers are slick and ya'll know I'm outta the box.  :)

Only air show around here is life flight slipping in and out almost daily. 

Years ago a local guy was one of the first to fly a Stealth.  He'd slip home to see his parents and fly into an Air Guard base about 20 miles away park it and his parents would pick him up.  They'd spend the day and he'd fly back to his air base. 

Ya always knew when Bob was home cause he'd make a low pass over his parents house a couple blocks away to let 'em know to pick him up.  Warp 3 every time and you could almost see the rivets in the skin.  Ya ain't gonna bust a one star for slippin under the limit on a fly by.  Sure did draw the attention cause most of Duckburg wondered what, who and why it happened.  lol

Back to the coffee.  Think I've got it runnin again.  Cleaned it again and thought it was gonna blow for sure the way it sounded.  Workin fine now but I never did see anything in the carafe.  Baffled in Duckburg!      :)

• Like 5

we don't see many/any civilian aircraft here. We live under one of the AF operational areas. No rules. Complain if you like ... but.

took the wife downtown this AM. It was jammin'. Bikers, street vendors, farmer's market. Reminded me of living in Lihue. At "rush hour" a person made better time walking ...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Coffee's good, suns up and I made a bowl of oatmeal?  That is all.  :)

Coffee´s bad , sun is up and swam two hours this morning , walked a few miles across the local forest , that´s all for today 😊  The result of the blood values wasn´t so good, tomorrow morning the blood test will be repeated, I was surprised because I have always had good blood values in the last few years 🤔

• Sad 4

On 3/2/2024 at 6:50 AM, Tarheel said:

The Bubble got a salon treatment this week.  The transmission was leaking fluid so it got a new pan with gasket and bolts, a new filter to filter 8 quarts of fluid, and oil and filter change, air filter, cabin air filter, wiper blades, topped off the coolant, state inspection.

12 year old Z4 with 41,000 miles.  A 35is twin turbo, with a Burgar JB4 tune. An in practical car but it's daddy's baby.

That's about all my excitement and most of my money for the week.....

14 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

a real timeless dreamcar 😍 the most beautiful cabrio ever made by BMW

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Today I got water hydrojet massages on a waterbed, I swam and walked a lot .Tomorrow I get a @dirtmudd pack and electrical stimulation against the pain points in my back, I'm curious. The food is now really good, a large selection of menus and salads and non-alcoholic drinks. In general, the days go by very quickly, I've already been here for 5 days. The daily routine is determined by sporting activities, targeted individual medical treatments and information about solutions to health problems. It really is a good clinic, it has repeatedly received awards in recent years as one of the top clinics for orthopaedic treatment

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

The daily routine is determined by sporting activities, targeted individual medical treatments and information about solutions to health problems. It really is a good clinic, it has repeatedly received awards in recent years as one of the top clinics for orthopaedic treatment

By golly I think you might make it afterall.  You're surrounded by all kinds of valuable information that will help you immensely physically and mentally.  Take advantage of it and apply as needed.  Getting older is crazy.

I've not got both my girls on my case about eating better and doing something physical.  Diabetes sucks.  Cut out 90% of fast food about a year ago and cooking smarter at home.  Slowly replacing diet soda w/water and listening to my youngest jockette.  She drinks a gallon of water EVERY day.  She's got her routine and does it daily.  Hot yoga, whatever that is, and runs a couple miles daily coupled with scripture & motivational readings.  Now she's getting the oldest dialed in.  She's lost 30 pounds and watches everything she eats.  Now she has the kids doing it.  Crazy!  I'm out numbered.  Got my water jug sittin here though.  :)

Sunny and about 73 this afternoon.  Strange weather for sure here in Duckburg.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Won't say too much about it, but had a bad case of the a$$ as it's called here lately. So i took some time off.

New doc told me a nightmare of a story from the ultrasound study done earlier in the week. Still thinks the 5x6 will pass, refuses to look at records from the outfit that actually helped me the past two decades.

headbang.gif

According to Kid Rock's apparel line I did move to du*#%uckistan

Nightmare you say? The 8mm one in the left kidney was the highlight there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Into the 70s here, and the pollen in falling like a hammer to the head. Stuffed up sinuses... looking pretty around the neighborhood, though.

20240303_173211~3.jpg

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Into the 70s here, and the pollen in falling like a hammer to the head. Stuffed up sinuses... looking pretty around the neighborhood, though.

Beautiful tree and good luck with the head.  Short night here and the coffee's on.  Then what?  Prolly back to bed.  Who knows?  

• Like 4

I didn't light a fire last night. It's a little cool. About 40` outside... 55 - 60 indoors.  Sun will be up in an hour or so, going for 75` ...  I think I'll leave the coffee on the warmer.

I was busy yesterday. Drove wife to work. Cut some weeds, vacuumed. Cooked dinner. I'm done for the week ... I wish

• Like 4

Yup, back to the crib and caught a couple more hours.  68 today and they called for rain.  Rain it did.  Thunder, lightning and ponding in the yards.  I heard it and went back to sleep.  Been spinning since.  :)

• Like 3