Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

9 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

The listing was taken down Saturday night......and I'm glad... sent two e-mails to the seller Friday and wad tossing and turning all night thinking about that damn thing..... and thinking what I'm going to sell.....

I still can't belive it didn't make it to thecarversite......

One day there be a TFM-75 in the cribb......just not that one.....

MKP :-)

One day. 

I can't recall the last one I've seen for sale.

Yea one day:lol:

The last one I saw for sale was about 3/4 years ago on e-bay. If I remember it went for around $2200/$2300 + shipping that beast. The seller also had two of the Carver mono 9t's. Those 9t's & 7t's come up way more often that that 75......... and yea I want me some 9t's one day lol lol

MKP :-)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, richieb said:

Reading the two comics on DST and then hearing the newshounds explain how to cope with the the hour change

I ask - does this Really effect any one here? For me its a non-happening. Other than changing the numerous clocks involved it has Zero effect on my next day. None. Anyone with DST issues that actually has an effect on you? Other than just not liking it or wanting to leave it one way or the other.

The only time DST affected me was when Indiana finally went on DST about 8 years ago....I turned my bedroom clock the wrong way! I was WAY early for work that day :D

• Like 3

Gary....good luck with that blizzard, can't believe winter will not go away. 

On a side note....we had a half an inch of the white stuff :P

Miner....AC !!!.....we currently have a windchill of 6

MKP....with the blizzard, the buyer might get stranded and that Carver amp will be back on the market :D

• Like 4

Good morning everyone................:emotion-44:

Thanks Ceptor..............here we are shortly after 6am.    Sent an email to my company Pres and VP let then know I am playing it safe..  STAYING HOME!  I will post more throughout the day....IMG_3428.jpgIMG_3429.jpg

• Like 5

...Screen shot of the 6am. weather from our local station.........    Watching the TV, and the closings continue with ALL BANKS closed as well as our State Offices (Boston) !!!   Mayor and Gov. have also been on the broadcast asking everyone  to stay off the roads...  

Here is a screen shot.............I am going back to bed!  -_-   (more later....)IMG_3437.jpg

• Like 5

Speaking of coffee, our Bunn BXB Velocity Brew coffee maker cannot brew more than 8 cups of coffee without the grounds overflowing the official Bunn filters.  Some slightly larger basket filters (not Bunn) are better.

Full disclosure, we use a Cuisanart burr grinder set to "fine" to grind whole bean coffee.  We prefer coffee black and strong, and have found that any grind other than "fine" produces coffee that is weaker than we prefer.

What do other Bunn Velocity Brew users find regarding filters and coffee strength?

• Like 5

No snow here guys but over 2" of rain.  Hang in there.

Like the music videos Mike.

Going out for a hair cut at 11:30.....the only plans for the day.  Day two of the Atkins Diet.  Need to lose 8 pounds....quick.

Concerned about Chuck.....has anyone heard from him? 

Steve is a shortimer now.  Moving day right around the corner.

• Like 6

Hey there Diz................the FINE grind is what is causing the overflow....   Try backing up a bit more toward a medium grind..   Bet that will not happen..

Ok, I went back to bed, slept for a couple of hours!   I needed it because of the clock change and the rough day climbing around and tuning a pipe organ for 5 hours!  Anyway, here are some screen shots....IMG_3441.jpg......and the Gold Finches WITH our traditional winter snowbirds (Junkos) are all at the feeders full force :D IMG_3448.jpg

• Like 2

.....snow on deck update photos..........9:10am.IMG_3446.jpgIMG_3447.jpg...........more later.....   MUST get the coffee started!   

Ceptor, I will get the little 'snojoe' electic blower fired up when it gets to about the 6" mark....   It worked out really well the past couple of storms we have had...   :emotion-21:

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Hey there Diz................the FINE grind is what is causing the overflow....   Try backing up a bit more toward a medium grind..   Bet that will not happen..

I suspected as much.  The dilemma is the coffee was weak at other than fine grind, which prompted adding more coffee, which leads to overflow of grounds.  Damned either way.  We'll experiment to see if we can find the sweet spot.

• Like 3

Hello and good morning once again....:emotion-44:.......I decided to try my DSLR and see the clarity would be better, doesn't have the zoom degree that my smaller Canon has, but it is better quality....   Another of just the birdies ;)IMG_3453.jpg

• Like 3