Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

............First batch of veggies done, next one on the grill as I type.............here is the scene looking through the kitchen window...  One of 3 umbrellas on the deck, this one struggled to keep the grill dry with the heavy rains all day :oIMG_6817.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tigerman said:

What better way to spend a cold and rainy afternoon but with a freshly made tomato sandwich

Oh yea.... we love tomato sandwiches. 

Sometimes I'll put on nice thin slice of a sharp cheddar cheese;) mmmmm 

We stopped at a stand on the way back from the ocean last week and got some fresh tomato man they were good...

MKP :-)

• Like 3

Good morning then and Happy Labor Day! May do some labor today but, very little...:emotion-21: May go to the Hut and listen to music there,

May not, just do not know but, watching to see what others do, or not do. Do not to plan these things. If I think this is boring, I am right.

Good day...:blush2:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Good Labor day to one and all............:emotion-44:

Going to take a motorcycle ride with my backpack and do a little shopping instead of taking the SUV....   Weather is GOOD today vs. the cold rainout we had yesterday....

Mark,  I was noting that on my SHO the neg. terminal on the battery was developing corrosion, and I was just keeping ahead of it by vacuuming it up...   But, a few weeks back, the main 4 gauge cable clamp rotted off !!   So, I will see if I can find another clamp and re-strip a new end on that cable....   Thing is, I want to have a matching type cable battery clamp...  It is a steel 'band' type and NOT lead....   I wonder if I would have to go to the Ford dealer for such a thing.....   Hmmmm.   perhaps see what the local auto parts stores may have in stock....    

So, just puttering around with this and that........nothing too strenuous :lol:..

Enjoy the day my friends.....

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

I wonder if I would have to go to the Ford dealer for such a thing..... 

Ford might still have that??? If they do it will most likely be a whole cable assembly.

22 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

perhaps see what the local auto parts stores may have in stock....    

Aftermarket will be some type of generic cable.... 

I make some of my own cables at the shop... I got some really cool terminal ends.... send/post me a pic of your old cable and terminal end.... might be able too advise a part for ya:D

MKP :-)

• Like 2

Happy Labor Day Gents.  Spent the first 3 hours sunning and swimming at Wrightsville Beach.  The water was calm and just the right temperature. Pointed out an old fellow to LF and told her he was one of the first to surf at WB.  He came over to chat and I introduced  him as WB surfing royalty to LF. He started in 1963 when we all used long boards.  He was still wearing a Hansen Surfboards tee shirt.  He has surfed in about 23 different countries. Talked of old days when there were no regulations and guys would "shoot the pier" on their boards.  The "good old days".

Will cook a rack of ribs later on LF's Green Egg and avoid that "labor" thing.

Cheers!

• Like 3

Sounds like a nice morning out on the water Chuck!   I am STILL cleaning up the kitchen at this late hour, but WILL head out for a shopping/bike tour around the towns shortly....   Warming up nicely, maybe just my denim jacket today (and helmet of course)...

• Like 2

Good evening Ceptor..........   The GEN 1 and 2 1989-95 have the Yamaha v6   3.0 in 5 speed cars, 3.2 in automatics.

The GEN 3's were departures in many ways,  joint ventures between Ford and Yamaha...   These 3.4 v8 engines were engineered and tested at Cosworth Canada where the Formula F1 engines come from...   They are based on the Ford Duratec 2.5 v6 with two added cylinders.  However, they differ in other ways from there..............they have 6 bolt mains, totally aluminum construction, reverse cooling and coil on plug technologies which were pretty new in a consumer car of 21 years ago!,  the upper half of this engine is Yamaha's design and based on their motorcycle technology...   

There were only 19k GEN 3's made over the four year span.  Unlike so many other cars, this one is ENGINE SPECIFIC, it appears in this model Taurus ONLY....   Other notables are the fact that many other countries are involved in it's components.  Italy, Germany the list goes on....

Well, I am sure I went on longer then needed, but I am always prepared at the car shows to explain things when questions arise and I have to know my facts :lol:...   Like the Oldsmobile slogan  "Its not your mom's Taurus'... ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Good evening Ceptor..........   The GEN 1 and 2 1989-95 have the Yamaha v6   3.0 in 5 speed cars, 3.2 in automatics.

The GEN 3's were departures in many ways,  joint ventures between Ford and Yamaha...   These 3.4 v8 engines were engineered and tested at Cosworth Canada where the Formula F1 engines come from...   They are based on the Ford Duratec 2.5 v6 with two added cylinders.  However, they differ in other ways from there..............they have 6 bolt mains, totally aluminum construction, reverse cooling and coil on plug technologies which were pretty new in a consumer car of 21 years ago!,  the upper half of this engine is Yamaha's design and based on their motorcycle technology...   

There were only 19k GEN 3's made over the four year span.  Unlike so many other cars, this one is ENGINE SPECIFIC, it appears in this model Taurus ONLY....   Other notables are the fact that many other countries are involved in it's components.  Italy, Germany the list goes on....

Well, I am sure I went on longer then needed, but I am always prepared at the car shows to explain things when questions arise and I have to know my facts :lol:...   Like the Oldsmobile slogan  "Its not your mom's Taurus'... ;)

Hey Gary, no such thing as going on too long when talking about cars, bikes, and racing IMO. It shows you have the knowledge and you're nice enough to share it, I like that.

When I first signed up on here, someone mentioned auto racing and I went on about it, thought I might bore some people, but many were receptive. I will admit, I know much more about racing than I do about audio (but I'm learning) Like the time you mentioned you had a snowmobile stored in your garage. There's something about an internal combustion engine that excites me :D

• Like 1