Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 minutes ago, richieb said:

Kidding? You actually can see your yard ? Yet its not too soaked to mow? Are you messin' with us? 

We had street flooding where I live but no water in the house and yes, I mowed the front yard today.  It hasn't rained in a couple days and the front was semi dry.  The back holds a little water and may be a few days before I can mow that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, richieb said:

Very good - very fortunate.

We've been counting our blessings as houses very close to us and down the street from my son have all had water in them.  Hopefully my son can actually drive back to his house in about a week.  For right now, it's boat in, boat out.

• Like 2

Just now, dirtmudd said:

don't you have enough water down there...how did you make out for the

storm ??? I hope you and your family

where safe.   

We haven't had city water for a while.  The pumping station on the river that supplies water to the treatment plant went under water and quit pumping.  Supposedly they're working on an alternate method of getting water to the plant and we may have some sort of service tonight.  We'll have to boil it to use it but at least we won't have to fill the commodes with pool water anymore.

• Like 2