Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

He was seen in the no bs section yesterday.

So, i roll into town this afternoon, poorer and weary, and read this?

Someone must be impersonating me -- this very moment is the first time i’ve logged on in over a month!  Is there a counterfeit me roaming the forum?

Obviously, i must do a better job if Bill can so easily confuse me with someone else (whoever that poor soul was). 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

Someone must be impersonating me -- this very moment is the first time i’ve logged on in over a month!  Is there a counterfeit me roaming the forum?

Obviously, i must do a better job if Bill can so easily confuse me with someone else (whoever that poor soul was). 

Yo, good to see ya.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Where is Steve?  I hope he is still eating at Del Taco......bought some stock yesterday.

Chuck my brother -- I’m still alive, surrounded by forest fires; but, still alive. I just got home a few hours ago, and there were flames not more than 25 yards from the highway. You can’t even see the mountains anymore. It was strange, it was like driving through fog; but, it was smoke. Doing a number on my lungs too --- with my Asthma.  Air quality in my area has been declared “hazardous.” 

Yes, i’m still eating Del Taco and suppose I will for as long as there is one around. 

• Like 1

Thanks Brian and Mike.  

Mike we could use some of the water you got -- 16 forest fires here.  It’s like i’m living in a bonfire. Ashes coating my car, people walking around with masks, can’t see the mountains anymore. Every once in a while, the wind will shift and give us some relief from the smoke; but, then it will shift again and we’re in it again. 

News reported that this is going to be our norm until at least next Tuesday.  I hope my lungs hold out -- they’re aching already.

• Sad 1

Just now, Tarheel said:

Good to hear from you my friend.  Take care......that smoke and your asthma not a good mix.  I know you have medication?

Yes, i have both inhalers and pills. trying to keep the house closed up; but, my brother keeps opening his bedroom window because it’s too hot. Supposed to break the century mark again this Saturday. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Good to hear from you Steve, scary stuff with those fires, probably worse than floods.

Hi Bill.  Hope you are doing well.

Stange world -- what is killing people in Texas is the same thing that would save people here.  My heart aches for those folks. On my drive today, heard on the radio about Beaumont losing fresh water -- immediately said a prayer for Carl.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

• Like 4