Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

20 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Don't see ya:P

Where's the fishing poles?

You guys good at your house?

MKP :-)

Dry inside the house.  Next round of storms is iminent.  We're measuring rain in feet now.  Should be gone by Thursday evening. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Meanwhile at the ranch it's coming down sideways.

20170829_152139.jpg

WOW!   ................and, those are HUGE windchimes on the left !!    Bet they sound nice when pleasantly 'blown'.....   :emotion-21:  (in from the storm for sure !!)

21 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Hey there Mookie................looks like 'ghetto' Olds hub caps and white walls !   You know, the convertibles were a HEAVIER car right ?   GM gave them a FULL 'box frame' for added strength :o....   When I started working at the Olds dealer, the 1972 models were brand new and on the lot....   Still, the smog crap and LOW compression on those motors was a real sin....

No 'ghetto' hub caps, they were the color matching rally wheels. Cant really see them too good in that photo. Knew it was heavier as I had both hard top and convertible at the same time and it was obvious when driving. 72's weren't as bad as what followed with regards to the smog crap, went crazy from 73 on. My oldest brother had a mid 70's (75, 76?) cutlass with a 350 that was a real dog. My hard top looked exactly like the one in Diz's post. When I got my first job out of college, I received a company car and put that one into a buddy's shop and we stripped it down to bear metal and cut out all the rust areas, added a black vinyl top and white pin stripes with the very dark green paint. Looked nice. If you could get past the green color, the interior was almost as nice (just toooo darn much green)

• Like 2

Thanks for the photo MPK, that would be the one....   Another tid bit.............that 'shaker' hood scoop which was functional in 1973...  Sadly, in the 1974 version, GM CLOSED it OFF !   Reason stated?   The intake noise at WOT produced by the mighty QuadraJet 'exceeded'  the drive-by DB limits !!!!!!    Can you imagine ??

That 500 CID Caddy was earlier then the Pontiac SD motor....  But, it  seems that Davis agrees with me on the Firebird SD...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Cooked a couple of racks of St. Louis style ribs.  Took one to a friend that had chemo today.  Took a coconut custard pie too.

IMG_2156.JPG

Chuck, what exactly constitutes "St. Louis Style" ribs. I've only lived here for 59 years so don't know yet!

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

WOW!   ................and, those are HUGE windchimes on the left !!    Bet they sound nice when pleasantly 'blown'.....   :emotion-21:  (in from the storm for sure !!)

Looks like it, when it's really windy there is nothing pleasant about the sound.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Cooked a couple of racks of St. Louis style ribs.  Took one to a friend that had chemo today.  Took a coconut custard pie too.

That's a very nice thing to do for a friend. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pete H said:

Carl, why don't you came and take a vacation here in Ohio, hell, I let you crash in the penthouse at Rodney's with Tom and I, so you are more than welcome here.

The penthouse set the bar pretty high.  I don't know if you're digs would measure up.

• Like 2