Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I've been through the implant process, lol, busted the first crown already!

Broke two crowns, dentist said no implants because of bone density, so I am stuck with a contraption that snaps in, works well but aggravating.   

• Like 1

Just now, dtel said:

Broke two crowns, dentist said no implants because of bone density, so I am stuck with a contraption that snaps in, works well but aggravating.   

An oral surgeon can pack this synthetic bone material to solve that.  It integrates with your body to become just like your own.  This makes the process even longer than a standard implant procedure.  The fun never really stops.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I think I will wait, he wanted me to come back and remove the rest, I plan on going back only if I have a problem. He is good I felt very little when he cut the two out, but I am hoping to die of old age without going to another dentist.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davis said:

That is an awesome machine.

The VFR800 made it to my short list of two for my last purchase.

The FJR1300 got the nod

Thanks. I had a 2000 VFR, the yellow one. Really nice sport touring bike, it was well thought out, little down on power though.

I have been thinking about more of a sport tourer lately, and the FJR is tied with a ST1300 at the top of the list. The Yamaha is more sporty, lots of power huh?

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Nice looking bike, I would last only a few miles before doing something dumb. :(

Nah, you would be fine. It's very easy to ride. It has so much torque, shifting is optional:D

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

An oral surgeon can pack this synthetic bone material to solve that.  It integrates with your body to become just like your own.  This makes the process even longer than a standard implant procedure.  The fun never really stops.

That's what my dentist did on mine, the implant rod on the original was knocked sideways. He hollowed it out and filled it will that bone material. I did have to let it heal for 6 months before the new implant went in. It has been fine since.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Nah, you would be fine. It's very easy to ride. It has so much torque, shifting is optional:D

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

That's the problem, torque is fun, reminding yourself two tires can only stop you so fast at speeds is where the problem comes in, and idiots not respecting bikes pulling out right in front of you. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Speedball II said:

It's Friday...................

It is Friday in Indy...next Friday the US Nats will be in full swing....8000HP nitro beast...I will be at IRP on Sat.

Pro Stock is my fav category....500 cubes on gasoline...no more dual quads but pullin the levers on the Lenco and the closet pro racing.

Indy Stud Drew Skillman is tearing up Pro Stock as of late to boot.

• Like 1

Ah,  IRP in Clermont, IN, I remember it well.  "Camping" out across the street at a Drive-In (that was a type of movie theater for you youngsters).  Last time  was ~'69, in the days when they ran off stock and stock automatic classes into the bowels of the alphabet.  A local Kalamazoo guy with  a Jeep wagon like that used by USPS was national champ in N/stock, or something like that. Breathtaking passes in under 30 seconds.  It looked like the 1948 Jeep in the attached photo.  It was even green.

IMG_0187.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davis said:

It is Friday in Indy...next Friday the US Nats will be in full swing....8000HP nitro beast...I will be at IRP on Sat.

Pro Stock is my fav category....500 cubes on gasoline...no more dual quads but pullin the levers on the Lenco and the closet pro racing.

Indy Stud Drew Skillman is tearing up Pro Stock as of late to boot.

I heard a commercial yesterday that said  top fuel having 10,000 HP! Maybe those engines are so violent they can't dyno them.

My brother is a huge Pro Stock fan. He says there's more engineering in them than the nitro cars.

I haven't been in a couple years, need to get back out there.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Ah,  IRP in Claremont, IN, I remember it well.  "Camping" out across the street at a Drive-In (that was a type of movie theater for you youngsters).  Last time  was ~'69, in the days when they ran off stock and stock automatic classes into the bowel of the alphabet.  A local Kalamazoo guy with  a Jeep wagon like that used by USPs was national champ in N/stock, or something like that. Breathtaking passes in under 30 seconds.  It looked the 1948 Jeep in the attached photo.  It was even green.

IMG_0187.JPG

The drive-in is long gone but you can still camp across the street like the good ole days. C'mon over.

Jason Line is my ultra fav.

He is a fellow Buick racer who still campaigns his C/SA 1970 Buick Gran Sport 455 Stage 1.

He brought it to Indy last year and pulled double duty with his Pro Stock car.

Hoping to talk with him at this years events.

I will have 3 Buick freaks in tow.

http://www.thedrive.com/start-finish/9220/pro-drag-racer-jason-line-wont-let-go-of-his-1970-buick

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I heard a commercial yesterday that said  top fuel having 10,000 HP! Maybe those engines are so violent they can't dyno them.

My brother is a huge Pro Stock fan. He says there's more engineering in them than the nitro cars.

I haven't been in a couple years, need to get back out there.

I remember 7000 then 8000 and I have heard 10,000HP

I don't think they have made that big of advances as marketing has.

I stick with 8

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Ah,  IRP in Claremont, IN, I remember it well.  "Camping" out across the street at a Drive-In (that was a type of movie theater for you youngsters).  Last time  was ~'69, in the days when they ran off stock and stock automatic classes into the bowels of the alphabet.  A local Kalamazoo guy with  a Jeep wagon like that used by USPS was national champ in N/stock, or something like that. Breathtaking passes in under 30 seconds.  It looked like the 1948 Jeep in the attached photo.  It was even green.

IMG_0187.JPG

The Clermont Deluxe drive in. I've been there once or twice. Closed about 10 years ago. There are a few drive ins left around here. 

Nice looking Jeep.

• Like 2

There was this guy from Whiteland, IN who used to race Pro Stock

Bob Glidden

He won 85 NHRA National Events. 

Ten Pro Stock championships including five in a row beginning in 1985.

Nine straight NHRA national races in 1979 and was the No. 1 qualifier 23 times in a row, including the entire 1987 season.

At one point, he won 50 eliminations rounds in a row.

And is one of the nicest guys I have ever met.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Davis said:

There was this guy from Whiteland, IN who used to race Pro Stock

Bob Glidden

He won 85 NHRA National Events. 

Ten Pro Stock championships including five in a row beginning in 1985.

Nine straight NHRA national races in 1979 and was the No. 1 qualifier 23 times in a row, including the entire 1987 season.

At one point, he won 50 eliminations rounds in a row.

And is one of the nicest guys I have ever met.

He was remarkable.  You liked him even though he raced Fords? :-)

IMG_0189.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Sounds like a good time.  That Buick in the link is very cool.  At my age, Hampton Inn is as close as I get to camping.  If I'm lying on the ground, I've had a heart attack or been shot.

IMG_0188.JPG

The camping comment is Very damn funny,  Priceless. Similar to me  saying as close as I get to roughin' it is a hotel without cable TV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

He was remarkable.  You liked him even though he raced Fords? :-)

IMG_0189.JPG

Love it...Heck Yea

I almost said even though in a Ford.

But.

I respect the incredible accomplishment from a Hoosier over the fact :P

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pete H said:

We're getting unbelievable weather here in Ohio.  70's, no humidity and the sun is shinning.  Wish I could push some of that down to Texas.

Ditto in Michigan.  I suspect our currently excellent weather is somehow related to the foul weather in the South.

• Like 3