Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 08/21/2017 at 6:47 AM, Tarheel said:

Anyone going somewhere special to view the eclipse?  May go with LF down to the beach but it probably will be overcast:mellow:

Short note here..... Yep,. came to Wyoming. from Cal. Visiting old family friends in Sheridan and we all went a couple hours south to Casper to get in the path of totality. It was spectacular.  Peace

• Like 3

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

My Dad drinks about 2 pots every day. I always thought that had to be unhealthy, but hopefully not. He was born in 1929! Still very healthy. 

1929, I think he already proved it can't be that unhealthy. 

I need to make a shirt something like this

th.jpg

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The key is you have to drink what you make within 30 minutes.  After 30 minutes, anything left over is thrown out and you brew a fresh batch.

it's 20 minutes. before the coffee

oils start to separate...and then the

coffee has a bitter after taste...

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, richieb said:

I may have mentioned this before but I have to admire a man that measures his coffee consumption by the pail rather than the cup - Salute. Although Dirtmud must measure by the barrel! 

I might measure the coffee grinds

by the barrel...but I measure the

water by the pail...I just bought

2.5 pounds either wendsday or thurs....I'm lucky to have a half pound left....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Got your new maker ordered yet?

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:
1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

The key is you have to drink what you make within 30 minutes.  After 30 minutes, anything left over is thrown out and you brew a fresh batch.

it's 20 minutes. before the coffee

oils start to separate...and then the

coffee has a bitter after taste...

OK, one question, is this if you keep it hot ?

I ask because I use an old drip pot that you pour hot water into and I never keep it on heat after it's made.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

My Dad drinks about 2 pots every day. I always thought that had to be unhealthy, but hopefully not. He was born in 1929! Still very healthy. 

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Sorry, what does he drink? Sounds healthy...:emotion-21:

1 hour ago, richieb said:

I may have mentioned this before but I have to admire a man that measures his coffee consumption by the pail rather than the cup - Salute. Although Dirtmud must measure by the barrel! 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

35 minutes ago, dtel said:

th.jpg

https://greatist.com/eat/benefits-of-coffee

Caffeinated and motivated. Most days that's how I describe my life, and I know I’m not alone. Coffee is the preferred fuel of high-powered executives, soccer moms, and 6 a.m. CrossFit junkies. With such a loyal band of groupies, it’s not surprising there's been such scientific interest in our BFF joe.

The recent cohort study to hit the news has us all raising our No. 1 Pug Mom mug in a caffeine-induced high. Conducted across 10 European countries with more than half a million men and women, researchers found the heaviest coffee drinkers had the lowest risk of all-cause mortality (translation: drinking coffee may help reduce risks for common causes of death). Even the decaf version offered life-enhancing benefits in half the countries analyzed.

This isn’t the first study to give coffee drinkers an I’ll-live-forever pat on the back though. Another large group study with more than 90,000 American adults found that coffee drinking (regular or decaf) lowered the risk of death across the board. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

OK, one question, is this if you keep it hot ?

I ask because I use an old drip pot that you pour hot water into and I never keep it on heat after it's made.

then your good to go...make some

iced coffee too..yes only if you keep

it hot...

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thanks, I had a feeling it was when it was kept hot. I need to try iced coffee, if for some reason I don't drink what's in my cup I drink it later after it cools, I really think you can taste it better at room temp.

Been thinking about cooking with coffee, I love tiramisu or any dessert coffee flavored, maby not just desserts ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

Thanks, I had a feeling it was when it was kept hot. I need to try iced coffee, if for some reason I don't drink what's in my cup I drink it later after it cools, I really think you can taste it better at room temp.

Been thinking about cooking with coffee, I love tiramisu or any dessert coffee flavored, maby not just desserts ?

tiramisu is easy to make...

all you have to do..after making coffee...put it in the fridge.. but

make it strong than you normally

do...than just add your favorite

flavoured creamer if you like..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

I know we all enjoy coffee for different reasons and with the rich taste being one this idea would defeat that purpose but with consumption in those amounts have you ever considered an I V? You know the kind where you can control the times, amount, etc. Just wheel that sucker around with you for a 24/7 coffee buzz. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, babadono said:

Short note here..... Yep,. came to Wyoming. from Cal. Visiting old family friends in Sheridan and we all went a couple hours south to Casper to get in the path of totality. It was spectacular.  Peace

We were in the 90% zone. It was cool, but the eclipse of 2024 will have us in the 100% zone.

4 hours ago, dtel said:

th.jpg

Watching him will make anybody reconsider their healthy eating habits. He eats a lot of fried stuff. Biscuits/gravy, pork chops, fried steak. I will shake his hand and it feels like he could crush my hand.

2 hours ago, richieb said:

Looks like what we had yesterday. Very heavy rain in KC, lot of flooding, road closures. We had 5 inches in our rain gauge overnight. 

WOW....that's a lot of rain. That storm came through here earlier today, some spots had a couple inches.

• Like 2