Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 hours ago, akdave said:

Greetings CC&C crew! It's been a loooong time!  Busy summer up north, baby on the way next month (3rd boy! - still need a name - all suggestions are welcome... maybe Klipsch...hmmm...)

It's cooling off - state fair time for Alaskans.  A time to up the salty diets!  Family owns a Reuben sandwich booth and I'll give em great credit - they braise the kraut with beer and bacon - it's kind of unreal... anyway - if any of you make it to Alaska during this time of year - I'll buy sandwiches for your whole family!

Got an invite to this years CES in Vegas in January - I got the green light from my bride too so I'm pretty excited! 

I hope you're all well!  Have a wonderful Thursday and Football Season is upon us soon!!  :D

I've always wanted to go to Alaska. The show Mountain Men has a couple guys living up there, looks wonderful.

Enjoy the State Fair. 

Now I'm wanting a Reuben sandwich :D

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

This is what I use.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Yes that's right...will save link...:emotion-21:

5 hours ago, dtel said:

Finished cutting grass, the finishing mower seems to be doing great, sounds much smoother running with new bearings. Some of back and side yard in pics. 

Edit; can you tell I do not like to weedeat around ponds, I wait until winter and burn it off.

Lol, yes I do see that pretty good. Guess if you ever had a fire, just put your 2 inch pump into a pond. 

Dang, guess you got room for a Klipsch meeting place there. Looks quite big...:emotion-21:

• Like 4

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Nice land Elden. Do you use the pond much, swimming, fishing?

Yes, off and on, but never went swimming in it this year, so far. Thank you

6 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Are you in San Antonio? Will all the nasty weather make it that far west? My Daughter just moved in with her grandparents in San Antonio. My FIL says he doesn't get a lot of the rain that the east coast gets.

Visited Luther a few weeks ago and I asked about rainfall so he looked it up, they get around 30" a year, which is half of what we get here 5'. He took us to a great family run mexican restaurant, not fancy but really good food. 

https://www.yelp.com/biz/pollos-asados-los-norteños-san-antonio

• Like 3

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, billybob said:

Lol, yes I do see that pretty good. Guess if you ever had a fire, just put your 2 inch pump into a pond. 

Dang, guess you got room for a Klipsch meeting place there. Looks quite big...:emotion-21:

I do have a a couple of 2" pumps, by the time I rounded up some gas and connected the hoses it would probably be ashes ?

It's just under 6 acres but nothing to do as far as a Klipsch meeting place except listen to music and eat, or drive an hour to the french quarter.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dtel said:

I do have a a couple of 2" pumps, by the time I rounded up some gas and connected the hoses it would probably be ashes ?

It's just under 6 acres but nothing to do as far as a Klipsch meeting place except listen to music and eat, or drive an hour to the french quarter.

Lol, sounds dang convenient to me. Sometime people who live near a major river, suffer from too

little rainfall. Maybe BS but, yes, 2 inch pump...alright...guess you could use to water the place...:emotion-21:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Yes, off and on, but never went swimming in it this year, so far. Thank you

Visited Luther a few weeks ago and I asked about rainfall so he looked it up, they get around 30" a year, which is half of what we get here 5'. He took us to a great family run mexican restaurant, not fancy but really good food. 

https://www.yelp.com/biz/pollos-asados-los-norteños-san-antonio

That website made me hungry, I haven't had dinner yet :D

You really have a great place there, looks peaceful. I remember your backyard party place pics....very nice.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Nice land Elden. Do you use the pond much, swimming, fishing?

Are you in San Antonio? Will all the nasty weather make it that far west? My Daughter just moved in with her grandparents in San Antonio. My FIL says he doesn't get a lot of the rain that the east coast gets.

You have to ride a new bike home...no need for a trailer :D

Done that - several times, nothing more depressing than picking up a new machine and riding in rain for several hours to get home. But to your point when you buy 'em a hand full at a time trailering is your only option! And what a glorious problem that would be ---

• Like 2

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

That website made me hungry, I haven't had dinner yet :D

You really have a great place there, looks peaceful. I remember your backyard party place pics....very nice.

It made me hungry also, wish I had some right now.

Thank you, it is peaceful, just what we like, do what you want outside and no complaints or anyone even noticing. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, richieb said:

Done that - several times, nothing more depressing than picking up a new machine and riding in rain for several hours to get home. But to your point when you buy 'em a hand full at a time trailering is your only option! And what a glorious problem that would be ---

I would like to have a problem like that. I have bought probably 30 motorcycles over the years, but never a handful at a time. 

I do have a mint Honda RC51 in the garage that has never seen rain.

photo-15.JPG

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, billybob said:

Nice looking bike, looks swift! Remind me of a VFR 750 a little bit which I rode.

Thanks. It's a V-Twin. It's not nearly as fast as some of the newer stuff, but it has a racing pedigree. It's not made by Honda Motorcycles, it's made by HRC, Honda Racing Corp. I am a big fan of Honda V-4s, I've had about a dozen of them. Was that VFR you rode a 1986 by chance? That was a hot year for that bike. I've always loved red, white, and blue Hondas. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I would like to have a problem like that. I have bought probably 30 motorcycles over the years, but never a handful at a time. 

photo-15.JPG

Looks near like mine, was a Hayden. A brute of a machine, truly a race bike streetified for its day. Didn't own it long, was getting too old for such a pure race riding position. A bad mutha' 

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

Looks near like mine, was a Hayden. A brute of a machine, truly a race bike streetified for its day. Didn't own it long, was getting too old for such a pure race riding position. A bad mutha' 

Awesome. The Nicky Hayden bike (2004) is getting pretty rare since his death. Prices are up quite a bit for those. 

Since I've been dealing with dizziness and another medical issue, I haven't ridden much, actually I have not been on a bike this year. I will never sell this bike though.

I have added Heli Bars, clipons that are  1.5" taller, and on a different angle from the factory bars. They are much more comfortable. Fast by Feracci adjustable rear sets helped also, along with a Corbin seat... call it a sport touring version of a race bike:D

I have ridden 500 miles in a day on this bike before, it's a blast when the road starts to curve!

A nice day here...lower humidity and mid 80s.  LF and I went to the beach for a couple of hours. Rough water conditions and tourist who know little about rip tides and currents make me nervous letting their little kids in the water.

Stopped at the seafood market and got enough Tile fish for the two of us.  Will go to LF's later for a cocktail and dinner and maybe a game or two of pool.

Had a tooth implant yesterday so taking it easy. One hour and $2215 later I was out of the office.  The crown comes next.

Going to be pretty this weekend so I may take the Honda out to stretch it's legs.

Have a great weekend.  Be safe you Texas guys!

IMG_1906.JPG

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

photo-15.JPG

That is an awesome machine.

The VFR800 made it to my short list of two for my last purchase.

The FJR1300 got the nod

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Rough water conditions and tourist who know little about rip tides and currents make me nervous letting their little kids in the water.

Very true, even for a great swimmer.

Looking good, the clay must have helped, or elbow grease ?

I hate dentist they scare me, except for Kevin, but we don't talk dentistry (on me) so we're good.

• Like 1