Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
On 8/22/2017 at 9:25 PM, USNRET said:

Well, the yard has been dry; talking heads say 2-10" Thursday - Friday. YEA, right.

It looks like the dry yard will get some water, and possibly standing water on the airport runways again.  

092930_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

• Like 3

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

Just my luck, I plan a get together for weeks, only to have a massive storm decide to descend on us the very same day. What are the odds? Oh well, meet is still on. I expect the storm will affect the numbers but for those who show, we will have some fun. 

I would think cloudy and slightly cooler weather would be nice, so it does rain in East Texas after all.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I got $2 by not buying a ticket, but 0 chance of winning.

Just think of how much stress I avoided, tax attorneys, friends I didn't know I had, not even counting the fact I would probably kill myself on crazy new toys.

• Like 5

• Moderators
1 hour ago, billybob said:

Dang, going to have to check the weather channel more often before a named storm hits again around here.

I tend to check with the NWS, it sometimes appears the weather channel hires by looks. There OK for hurricanes but for daily weather they tend to be extremely general and focus mostly on the big cities. imo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I got $2 by not buying a ticket, but 0 chance of winning.

Just think of how much stress I avoided, tax attorneys, friends I didn't know I had, not even counting the fact I would probably kill myself on crazy new toys.

I have said to my wife that if we won a "big" lotto I would need a moving van to go shopping for new motorcycles! Since then I have backed off the hobby a bit with now only two and getting too old for a couple dozen lotto bikes. It would have been fun -- 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dtel said:

I tend to check with the NWS, it sometimes appears the weather channel hires by looks. There OK for hurricanes but for daily weather they tend to be extremely general and focus mostly on the big cities. imo

Yes every year I tend to forget the NWS site. Carl or one of you reminded me before. Will save this time to fav,'s Thanks, and happy future bush hogging...:emotion-21:

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, billybob said:

Thanks, and happy future bush hogging...:emotion-21:

Finished cutting grass, the finishing mower seems to be doing great, sounds much smoother running with new bearings. Some of back and side yard in pics. 

Edit; can you tell I do not like to weedeat around ponds, I wait until winter and burn it off.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Greetings CC&C crew! It's been a loooong time!  Busy summer up north, baby on the way next month (3rd boy! - still need a name - all suggestions are welcome... maybe Klipsch...hmmm...)

It's cooling off - state fair time for Alaskans.  A time to up the salty diets!  Family owns a Reuben sandwich booth and I'll give em great credit - they braise the kraut with beer and bacon - it's kind of unreal... anyway - if any of you make it to Alaska during this time of year - I'll buy sandwiches for your whole family!

Got an invite to this years CES in Vegas in January - I got the green light from my bride too so I'm pretty excited! 

I hope you're all well!  Have a wonderful Thursday and Football Season is upon us soon!!  :D

• Like 2

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, akdave said:

Greetings CC&C crew! It's been a loooong time!  Busy summer up north, baby on the way next month (3rd boy! - still need a name - all suggestions are welcome... maybe Klipsch...hmmm...)

It's cooling off - state fair time for Alaskans.  A time to up the salty diets!  Family owns a Reuben sandwich booth and I'll give em great credit - they braise the kraut with beer and bacon - it's kind of unreal... anyway - if any of you make it to Alaska during this time of year - I'll buy sandwiches for your whole family!

Got an invite to this years CES in Vegas in January - I got the green light from my bride too so I'm pretty excited! 

I hope you're all well!  Have a wonderful Thursday and Football Season is upon us soon!!  :D

Love Reuben sandwiches, but being thousands of miles away makes it tough to try them but it sounds good. :huh:

CES and Vegas that would be fun, and YES to football. :emotion-21:

I wouldn't count on another winter in Alaska like last year, but you never know ? Couldn't imagine that kind of cold and for that long!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dtel said:

Finished cutting grass, the finishing mower seems to be doing great, sounds much smoother running with new bearings. Some of back and side yard in pics. 

Edit; can you tell I do not like to weedeat around ponds, I wait until winter and burn it off.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice land Elden. Do you use the pond much, swimming, fishing?

9 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

Just my luck, I plan a get together for weeks, only to have a massive storm decide to descend on us the very same day. What are the odds? Oh well, meet is still on. I expect the storm will affect the numbers but for those who show, we will have some fun. 

Are you in San Antonio? Will all the nasty weather make it that far west? My Daughter just moved in with her grandparents in San Antonio. My FIL says he doesn't get a lot of the rain that the east coast gets.

7 hours ago, richieb said:

I have said to my wife that if we won a "big" lotto I would need a moving van to go shopping for new motorcycles! Since then I have backed off the hobby a bit with now only two and getting too old for a couple dozen lotto bikes. It would have been fun -- 

You have to ride a new bike home...no need for a trailer :D

• Like 2