Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

Where's the 2000 or are you starting to collect cars now?

Still have it.  Selling the Volvo to an ex wife for over retail.  The Z4 will be my daily driver (hard top and auto) and the S2000 in nice weather.  Stayed at LF's house last night with both the Bubble and the Bublette in her garage.  Her Volvo XC60 was in the drive way.

The Z4 (6 cyl) has some torque and fairly quick.  Drove both yesterday since the weather was good.

Now how to I clean those calipers without taking the wheels off?

5 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

No idea.  Anything you spray on the caliper will get on the rotor and in turn the pads.  Wheel cleaner shouldn't hurt as long as you flush it good when you're done but I doubt it will do anything to affect the rust.  The funny thing about rust is, once you clean it, it will come right back unless it's ground off and sealed to the elements.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Still have it.  Selling the Volvo to an ex wife for over retail.  The Z4 will be my daily driver (hard top and auto) and the S2000 in nice weather.  Stayed at LF's house last night with both the Bubble and the Bublette in her garage.  Her Volvo XC60 was in the drive way.

The Z4 (6 cyl) has some torque and fairly quick.  Drove both yesterday since the weather was good.

Jeez - you need to write a book. "The Retired Life of The Southern Gentlmen". Please include pointers on selling autos to ex's, how to's on LF gifting autos and the delicate art of rationalizing parking your Two autos in her garage while hers' sits the night outdoors. If possible please publish before the Hope gathering and bring plenty of copies for signing. I'll take at least one --  

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You're assuming she'll let him attend:lol:

Since he persuaded her to hog the garage while her car shivered outdoors my opinion has changed ever so slightly. I do believe he claimed back at least one of his man parts from the mantle. I'm still up in the air on the other one. Hope attendance, or not, will confirm this - 

8 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

2 1/2 days driving each way.  3 days partying.  My butt would be dragging for sure.....especially if I had to tutor you on slushies.

Tell us again just why you bought those cars obviously not to drive