Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Just now, dtel said:

Well it does but your lifestyle may be different ? But you are in good shape, for an old dude.

My father was overweight and smoked for years.  I never smoked (cigarettes) and played soccer for 38 years and was an avid runner till my last knee surgery when I was 52 (hurt it playing soccer).

All that being said, I may not make as many birthdays as he did.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

You think if I drove 14 hours in one of those little cars I would be able to unfold?:mellow:

Yes easy, we will just get some good looking lady to walk past right after you pull up, you will pop out the car in 2 seconds, want to or not, it's just you it would be second nature, a natural reaction.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:
7 minutes ago, dtel said:

Well it does but your lifestyle may be different ? But you are in good shape, for an old dude.

My father was overweight and smoked for years.  I never smoked (cigarettes) and played soccer for 38 years and was an avid runner till my last knee surgery when I was 52 (hurt it playing soccer).

All that being said, I may not make as many birthdays as he did.

Well in that case you need to be in charge since you might outlast most. Your right about the birthday thing, who knows, it's the perfect reason to have fun now.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I committed to Jim's Scalas. 

Now I need to move them 2000 miles.  May be Sept before I see them.... sniff

Tarheel,

I drove a Fiero from Tucson to StPete.... by the time I got there I had to roll out before I could straighten my legs ...  I am [was?] 6'2"

Glad your going to get them , but we don't even know where you live without trying to remember, all because you didn't put under you avatar even what state. Those LaScalas might be with you now if we knew where you lived, OK just kidding and giving you a hard time all in one. :D But we like you WillyBob, how could we not with a name like that. B)

• Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, vasubandu said:

`Maybe you could arrange a Pony Express thing where members each took them on a leg.  Of course, just like ponies, Scalas need to rest, so they would need to spend a week or so at each stop along the way. You might not see them until 2020, but what matters is that they would be safe and rested.

This has been done before, Two I remember were AL to MS to AR and on to TX. Another was LA to MS and on to IN, that was LaScala's and they did sit here a few months. :emotion-21:

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

dtel

mo' bettah?

Look at WillyBob go, very nice. You know it tough for us old guys to remember all those details, without coffee we probably couldn't even find the computer.

Thank You

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I live in Arivaca AZ. 

kinda off the beaten path. There is a beauty of a bike road out here from the interstate.  3 or 4 stretches where you can pass in 23 miles.

Just come to the pilgrimage in May and bring them home with you. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I live in Arivaca AZ. 

kinda off the beaten path. There is a beauty of a bike road out here from the interstate.  3 or 4 stretches where you can pass in 23 miles.

Went to look at a map to see where it was, your not kidding when you say Desert, also a border town. Even from the picture it looks hot in the summer!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dtel said:

Went to look at a map to see where it was, your not kidding when you desert, also a border town. Even from the picture it looks hot in the summer!

I bet the heat index is lower here than most of the country, in the summer. June is HOT.  August is the best time to come down.

the pics of cows in the road are no joke. We have to fence them out.  Open Range

my wife works 25 miles farther out.  Sasabe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

maybe you did tell him ...

-------------------------------------------------------

I am excited .... been a long time. feels good    

thnx Jim.

even if they are 2000 miles away. I will have some other things to haul back. A P-40 R/C airplane for starters.

now I am looking for respectable amplification w/o breaking the bank

Good deal, you will love those speakers. I don't think I could wait that long to get them though :D

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

don't tempt me

We dare you :P

Is it against the law to ride a dirt bike or 4 wheeler out in those mountains ? Nice looking town, my problem is i would guess there are big hairy tarantulas and rattlesnakes in that part of the country. I would rather the snakes, can't handle spiders

• Like 2

go for it...

Murphy lowered the boom.  Our record warm gave way to 15` below normal and wet,  just in time for the TucsonRodeo and TuconGem/MineralShow

the weather will go back to normal as soon as the golf tournament is over. They had to postpone it because of snow a few years back

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dtel said:

Is it against the law to ride a dirt bike or 4 wheeler out in those mountains ? Nice looking town, my problem is i would guess there are big hairy tarantulas and rattlesnakes in that part of the country. I would rather the snakes, can't handle spiders

there are so many roads thru these hills....   those ridges are illusion. lots of hills.

critters - they go away if you leave them alone. I did kill a shoestring size rattler in the yard last year. Tarantulas are very mellow. You have to work to agitate them. The come in the house, I just shoo them out.

whew

I am starting to sound like RandyQuaid's part in VegasVacation  HaHaHa

and we had a resident skunk, until it got too comfortable. We have a cat door and one night the 'kids" were coming in ... and we had an extra and not a cat. Happened twice. i turned it around and ushered it out w/o incident.It used to play with the cats.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, dtel said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1