Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

26 minutes ago, dtel said:

Got back from Hope/Rodney's last night, tired and still recovering by drinking coffee.

Worked at the museum and hung out at Rodney's in the evenings, he cooked every night and Saturday we boiled crawfish he got through someone down by Kevin's, and Kevin's brother Brandon brought them up from the Lafayette area the night before.  Rodney being Rodney he wanted 400 pounds, 10 sacks, we had 3 pots going, all got eaten except 2 sacks.......... I love big crawfish

rodneys 4 21 18-47 copy.jpg

drinking coffee is not recovery....

only more alchol..... have a good sleep...

then coffee to feel alive again...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, babadono said:

^400 lbs? Yowzer! How many did that feed? Round number, just curious.

I guess it was around 50 people, I don't know if they all ate but many made up for them including me, forgot about some shrimp, about 25 pounds of giant shrimp for people who don't eat crawfish, like him. 

I'll put some other pics later..........I drank enough coffee so far today I went outside and started trimming some plants. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

drinking coffee is not recovery....

only more alchol..... have a good sleep...

then coffee to feel alive again...

I didn't drink much, just was tired,  i'm old.

I did try some home made clear stuff, Pineapple with chunks of Pineapple in it, it was very good but dangerous.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Dang, Rodney sure is on top of the vittles. Know he cooks some good steak cause, seen the pics.

Dang, giant shrimp too...cool!

Like my seafood,  haven't ate a crawdad but would. Oyster contest winner friend loves them.

Really like a blue crab boil. That and a beer(or so), am good to go...:blush::emotion-44:

Edit: Like my crab extra large like my shrimp. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I like party with you folks!

I'd be the fattest skinny person there...  look like a pregnant stick

that's where the bib o's are nice. Don't have to let the belt out ...

Bib, a good idea Gave up wearing a belt, now just wear Justin Wilson suspenders.

Red Lobster throwaway bibs. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, dtel said:

I did try some home made clear stuff, Pineapple with chunks of Pineapple in it, it was very good but dangerous.

dangerous as in highly flammable?

I keep a bottle of Everclear around.  I use it for cleaning, where I need a food safe solvent. Drink it?  Have you seen what it does to ice cubes?

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, dtel said:

don't light one up.. you might get fire breath

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, dtel said:

next you will spin a tale... on how old

you are.... and the next oldest thing

would be salt and dirt..

• Like 3

• Moderators

And he loves the company, it was 3 am and he was right there with us picking out songs to play at about 100 Db, he loves a party. A pic of where we boiled the crawfish and shrimp, then his kitchen with smoker on the other side of that wall to the left through that door.

To the back right right of that red container is a pallet with the crawfish sacks under burlap, behind that silver pot with the corn. I should have got a pic of all the sacks.

rodneys 4 21 18-41 copy.jpg

rodneys 4 21 18-88-copy copy.jpg

rodneys 4 21 18-89-copy.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators

Rodney is all country, this is him giving his dogs a treat late sat night, it's baloney or hot dogs or just about anything for treat time. All 5 of the dogs just sit still waiting for there turn, they know better than to try and steal any, especially from the small dogs. 

In this pic most people were out in front under the overhang, there was storms passing through and they were watching the lightning.

That is his recliner, it has a little wear but his favorite spot.

rodneys 4 21 18-77 copy.jpg

• Like 5

• Moderators

Yes he built chicken houses for years, he is kind of retired now but still has 6 chicken houses on the other end of the property from where the clubhouse is, it's over 600 acres with about 5 new ponds but the original big one is 90 acres. It has a road going a few hundred feet into it with what he calls a lake house. He does not live in it he build a space in the back of the clubhouse for him to stay since he is always there. Over by the chicken houses is a old house that was where his mother stayed with him until she passed a few years ago, he did live there for a while.

The Lake house was the the party house until he built the club house, he built it for people to party, and he loves when it happens. This weekend about 4 am I asked him, I bet your going to be glad when we all leave in the am ?  He said no, I love it, Y'all need to stay longer.

The lake house...........we have gone there to sleep many nights trying to get to sleep fast as the sun was coming up. I have been upstairs in the shower and could hear every word of the music being played on the side of the club house from Keven's 2 pair of Kp 600's during Pilgrimage at 3:30 am, it's probably 1/2 mile ? from the clubhouse.

pilgrimage_2015_(96).JPG

• Thanks 3

• Moderators

This was some drone video Kevin made in 2016 of the Pilgrimage, more people the next year and it looks to be bigger this year. Since that video he added added a big porch to the front of the club house, redone the kitchen and closed it in and about 5 more ponds, not as big as the first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Bad start to the day.

Remember me talking about my GE coffee maker going TU?

went to make coffee and it was dark. Checked the GFI. Nada.  Had to make it manually and I burned it.   40 miles to a new machine. Or one mile to the roaster and a French press... I am all for doin' things the "old way" ... but, I need coffee FIRST.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Bad start to the day.

Remember me talking about my GE coffee maker going TU?

went to make coffee and it was dark. Checked the GFI. Nada.  Had to make it manually and I burned it.   40 miles to a new machine. Or one mile to the roaster and a French press... I am all for doin' things the "old way" ... but, I need coffee FIRST.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, billybob said:

Purple Passion: Everclear and grape juice. Like a good iced tea, only takes one...:blush:

it don't take anything that strong for me ... one beer and I'm sliding under the table. 

yeah, you could call me a cheap date

.... and I will have a hangover

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just to add insult to injury...

Decided to tear into the coffee maker to see if there is a fuse or some other "no user serviceable part" that needs attention.

I am beginning to think there is ...  I have seen a lot of different screw head types ... straight, phillips, square, torx, torx w/dimple ... a lot of different stuff

Well, half of the screw holding the coffee maker together are phillips ... the others

Something different. a "dash-dot-dash" straight drive.  Since they went to lengths to keep us away ... I bet there is a fuse under there.... I will have to modify a screwdriver to find out.

• Like 3