Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

27 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Only diehard audiophools like us need anything larger. 

“Need” is to strong.  No one needs more, but we want more.

While trying to quote myself — my father warned that causes blindness — I accidentally obliterated most of the post to be quoted.  

The part deleted sang the praises of Klipsch The Sixes and their appeal to Millenials.  Even sitting on chairs, as shown, image.thumb.jpg.7083af01421588cd7742dab10df7436f.jpgthey sound great.  The plucked double bass, sax and percussion in the excellent Trio Jeepy by Branford Marsalis are palpable.  I’ll be sad to see these go to my son’s apartment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

"sellers remorse"?

You will get them back when they decide they need bigger/better...

Then he'll have 4!  :)  I just shook the mighty eight-ball and asked it if Neil was going to buy another pair.  The answer was "Yes!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mornin'

I am trying to imagine Mike with one of those one cup coffee makers that have the coffee in the little "capsules" ...

then I think of how Mike's one cup coffee make might look...  a coffee urn with handles. HaHaha

coming  up to our annual "Idiot Contest".  May Day. I'll try to cliff note the story. Late 60's/early 70's, there was a "commune" in the hills out here. It broke up, but the members decided to get together on May1 every year.  It took on a life of its own as the "legend" spread.

8 hours ago, dtel said:

That's more your size, it's almost the size of Gia's head. :lol:

19 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Mornin'

I am trying to imagine Mike with one of those one cup coffee makers that have the coffee in the little "capsules" ...

then I think of how Mike's one cup coffee make might look...  a coffee urn with handles. HaHaha

coming  up to our annual "Idiot Contest".  May Day. I'll try to cliff note the story. Late 60's/early 70's, there was a "commune" in the hills out here. It broke up, but the members decided to get together on May1 every year.  It took on a life of its own as the "legend" spread.

I would use it...But it's impossible to keep the coffee hot...

IMG_20180427_071439.jpg

• Like 2

Microwaving coffee, are you for it or against it?  I like coffee hot.  I prefer a short session in the microwave, to drinking it warm or allowing it to cook on a hot plate.  As soon as it’s done brewing in our Bunn, I pour it into an insulated carafe.    What say others?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Microwaving coffee, are you for it or against it?  I like coffee hot.  I prefer a short session in the microwave, to drinking it warm or allowing it to cook on a hot plate.  As soon as it’s done brewing in our Bunn, I pour it into an insulated carafe.    What say others?

Drink it right after it brews and before it cools off.  Toss anything you don't drink.  Microwave?:wacko:

• Like 4

I tend to pull it off the warmer as soon as it's done.

Would rather drink cold good coffee than warm burned..

Learned to drink warm soda and cold coffee at work.  Same time I learned not to try to take a bite of wrench and use a chicken leg for a screwdriver.  We ate on the fly a lot. No scheduled breaks. You took them when you got 'em.

Bloody machines don't respect our need to sit and eat.

• Like 1

First you need a machine that makes it correct temp, most do not. It should also brew directly into an insulated carafe. No hot plate. I'm indifferent to microwave. Do it if you must. I'm not a fan of reheating cold coffee but if I got sidetracked and it cooled, sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Drink it right after it brews and before it cools off.  Toss anything you don't drink.  Microwave?:wacko:

There's 18 minute window.. Before the oils separate...

I tend to shut it off about 10 minutes...

During the summer i tend to save the coffee...

And refrigerate.. For ice coffee later

• Like 2

I guess that if you use sugar, cream or creamer it's no biggie.   I drink coffee black and reheating it just doesn't taste right.  It gets bitter.  I also only turn my burner on while the coffee is brewing to take the chill off of the carafe.   Once the last drip hits I shut it off.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Clearly that’s ideal, but I like a second cup without the hassle of brewing each in small amounts.  The carafe keeps it hot enough and seems to avoid the “cooked” taste it gets from sitting on the Bunn’s hot plate.

I would rather nuke warm coffee from the carafe than drink it warm or drink it cooked.  Clearly, I’m not a coffee connoisseur.  That said, to open a new can of worms, I do put a divot in the grounds, let the Bunn start for a few seconds and stop it for ~30 seconds to get a “bloom.”  To me, the resulting coffee is smother than just starting the process and letting it go to conclusion.  So maybe I am a “cable guy,” when it comes to coffee.

• Like 5