Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

Absolutely.  Probably put a TV in there as well. 

And I'm sure there's already a nice sound system in there as well. Some of those Garage Journal pictures of garage show some very nice places. Some I could live in!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

@Opus

Almost dropped down to see ya. Ran into some folks headed there. So, How was the bike rally?

Sorry I missed you.  Depending on what day you passed through, you probably saw a lot of motorcycles on the road.

Bikes, Blues, & BBQ brings several hundred thousand folks to town.  Since I don't have a motorcycle, we head to our cabin for a few days.  It's on Table Rock Lake in southwest Missouri.  You could of stopped by there, it's actually closer to your route.  Of course, I couldn't have demoed my La Scalas for you; I just have KG4s there.

Hope you're enjoying your newly acquired La Scalas!

• Like 3

Just now, Ceptorman said:

I think that pic is a little misleading, and those speakers are much bigger than they look there. Doesn't the smaller speakers have 15" woofers, and 18" in the sub?

Correct.  Two 18's in the 684 and the 396's have 15's.

• Like 4

That can of WD40 should give us a reference scale, but the speakers are pulled out past the cabinet that the can sits in. I think that's the part playing with our minds. Just the size of the two 18" sub speakers alone are the size of a yard stick. 

6 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

KPT684 specs say 48.75" tall, and 128 lbs. 

That's standing on it's end.  I moved the feet to an adjacent side and laid it down so in the picture, it's 48.75" wide.  It's very deep as well, around 40" or so.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:
2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I'll bet you'll find yourself spending a lot more time to there, especially with AC.

Absolutely.  Probably put a TV in there as well. 

Can we make suggestions? 

s-l1000.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

That can of WD40 should give us a reference scale, but the speakers are pulled out past the cabinet that the can sits in. I think that's the part playing with our minds. Just the size of the two 18" sub speakers alone are the size of a yard stick. 

They are not nearly as big as they sound, the 396 is one of my favorite speakers.