Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, babadono said:

You got a second story in your garage? What do you need a fireman's pole for?

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

In case someone wants to slide down it.

Hey Nineteen....Please take me along when you slide on down....

3 hours ago, babadono said:

What do you need a fireman's pole for?

somewhat related.  and I wish I remembered more about the incident, but goes something like this.

my youngest is now 16 & plays video games as much as any his age I guess.  so he sees one of these somewhere, and during our conversation, says "I know what that is."

me:  "oh yeah?  whatizit?"

him:  "you don't know what that is?!? that's a stripper pole."

I'm sure I lost it.  and sprayed coffee, tea, whatever all over everyone.  and immediately corrected him about the pole, asking where he got that idea.

it seems something like Grand Theft Auto.  and yes, it was sort of funny at the time, and a bit more now.

barber pole.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm still in deconstruction mode which is made more difficult as I'm not ready to put everything in storage yet.  I have to move stuff, work then move it back.  Some of the electrical in there is down right scary.

20180929_114323.jpg

Incredibly neat and clean.   Our garage didn't look that orderly when we bought the house.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Broke my tractor yesterday, just cutting grass on flat ground went to turn and an outer tie rod end broke in half, must have been cracked before from something?

Kubota was called, part ordered and will be here next week, one outer tie rod end and the 6" long turnbuckle it screws to, $170. :blink:Can't complain (but I still will) it's 13 years old and this is the first problem, but I do keep up with maintenance, this is a freak thing to break, must have been hit ?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dtel said:

Broke my tractor yesterday, just cutting grass on flat ground went to turn and an outer tie rod end broke in half, must have been cracked before from something?

Kubota was called, part ordered and will be here next week, one outer tie rod end and the 6" long turnbuckle it screws to, $170. :blink:Can't complain (but I still will) it's 13 years old and this is the first problem, but I do keep up with maintenance, this is a freak thing to break, must have been hit ?

Too bad it could not have been welded. Yes, could have been hit I suppose.