Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Seen that liquor before, did not know it was hazelnut flavor in it. I will try finding cheap creamer first

Try the flavored creamer first, the Frangelico is REALLY good over ice but I don't know how it taste in coffee ? And that could get a little expensive. But if you like Hazelnut you need to try it.

"According to the manufacturer, the name of the liqueur is based on a legend of a hermit named Fra Angelico who "created unique recipes for liqueurs." However, the bottle itself most closely resembles the habit of a Franciscan friar, while the liqueur's likely namesake, the famous painter Fra Angelico (d.1455), was a Dominican, whose robe would have been white and without the cincture.

Frangelico is made in a similar manner to some other nut liqueurs: nuts are crumbled up and combined with cocoa, vanilla berries, and other natural flavors, and then left to soak in the base spirit. After the spirit has absorbed the flavor of the ingredients, the liqueur is filtered, sweetened, and bottled."

Yes, I will be getting the creamer first, on our shopping list. Plan on trying the Frangelico now that I know about the flavor. I can get into over ice. Then on the the coffee just to see if works. Some liquor stores here have miniatures. Maybe I can try it that way first,lol.

Thanks

• Like 4

• Moderators
Some liquor stores here have miniatures. Maybe I can try it that way first,lol.

Good idea, hate to buy a bottle and find you don't like it. I like it with just ice, let the ice slightly melt and your ready, I like liquors like that, you can get the real taste not being mixed with anything. well that's how I also did with Crown Royal which has now been replaced by American Honey which was introduced to me by forum member CECAA850 as a present, when he was passing through. Really good stuff and very smooth. :emotion-19:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

First cup, Duggans enhanced, load the Atv and head out to the rice fields today in the next county, then my rice farmer Bud wants me to shop for one of those new style Barnes, Pole & Canvas but the size of an aircraft hanger, he's thinkin because im retired now iv just got all kinds of time to do everything.

What the hell, Guess I can be a construction Sup for a bit, never built a barn before. was thinkin I really don't have a bucket list, maybe this is it, winging it.

• Like 5

My wife made the mistake of downing one of the 5 hour energy drinks one night when she still worked at WalMart. Since she only weighs 110 and 4' 9", she was pretty buzzed up. Her co-workers were still wanting her to have a second one a couple of hours before her shift finished.

Bruce

I think you're supposed to drink half, wait an hour and drink the other half.

• Like 2

Some liquor stores here have miniatures. Maybe I can try it that way first,lol.

Good idea, hate to buy a bottle and find you don't like it. I like it with just ice, let the ice slightly melt and your ready, I like liquors like that, you can get the real taste not being mixed with anything. well that's how I also did with Crown Royal which has now been replaced by American Honey which was introduced to me by forum member CECAA850 as a present, when he was passing through. Really good stuff and very smooth. :emotion-19:

American Honey? Wow, I am behind the times. That is how I drank my Crown. Intense flavor. I will be on lookout for the Frangelico. Thanks

• Like 3

• Moderators
Dang, I will look for a miniature of that too. I may be finding a new hobby.

Please try that one also, but I wouldn't recommend either as a hobby, I hate hobby's that make you feel like that the next day ! :wacko:

• Moderators

ooooh i want what dtels having! :D

Mine doesn't contain calories or liquids.

Really the truth is we don't drink much at all, not regularly at least. But I really don't like beer unless it's something unusual and for other liquor it's has to be something that I really like the taste, part of why I like that honey whisky or Frangelico and even home made Amaretto on occasion.

What's really weird, we live in a dry county and built a tiki bar in the yard. :o But we don't keep any liquor in it so they couldn't say anything.....unless they check inside the house. :ph34r:

Another beautiful spring day here in the port city. Thousands of tourist coming to town for the Azalea Festival. I just try to steer clear of them. Azaleas not quite at their peak....need another week or ten days for that.

Ready for cup number 2.

Cheers Gents :emotion-44:

Dang, I will look for a miniature of that too. I may be finding a new hobby.

Please try that one also, but I wouldn't recommend either as a hobby, I hate hobby's that make you feel like that the next day ! :wacko:

Both sound worth checking out to me. I drink the occasional beer every 2 weeks or so. Can drink just about any beer but, homebrew by someone like my ex-roommate an Irish guy with the last name of Brewer were well worth it years ago. On vacations, and just to have something around, I have partaken of Amontillado Sherry of all things. Very nice taste, and just a couple of fingers are mellow and have that satisfying taste to relax with. Hazelnut is one of those flavors I am finding I keep coming back to.

LOL, a miniature or 2 would about be my limit. Crown with a couple of cubes brings back memories of the last time I had with a friend after a long day. Just one did it. American Honey, I now just want to try as it sounds smooth and mellow.

Working with cables made me thirsty back then.

Hangovers are too hard nowaday to go back to. Thanks and will let know what I find.

• Moderators
Hangovers are too hard nowaday to go back to. Thanks and will let know what I find.

Your right, when I was younger I would get over it quickly, now it takes much longer and makes me wonder why I did it, so I try not to unless I am forced in it by peer pressure of a group (party). :P

Let us know what you think

• Like 1

• Moderators

ooooh i want what dtels having! :D

Now ask dtel who got him hooked on it

Now I will know who to blame!

Carl is exactly responsible for me finding out about the American Honey, he brought a large bottle here and gave it to us ! :emotion-51: I have not tasted my old favorite since, except for one time when letting someone try it, we compared it side by side with crown, I have no reason to buy any more Crown.

Since then I have tried Honey flavored from other brands and to me none are as good as the Wild Turkey Honey.

Thanks Carl you saved me from that nasty CR.

• Like 1