Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Now for the second one.......

83 forecast for today and pollen is turning everything yellow.

Haven't listen to music all week.......but I can tell you in detail about the neighbor's 19 year old daughter's bikini :emotion-25: She suns in the driveway with her dorky boyfriend most days. Yeoooww! All together now say "dirty old man".

Cheers Gents :emotion-44:

• Like 2

A short rant about the cables. So back to the early days, coffee and no cables.

The transmission could have been N. Tesla wireless transmisson or T. Edison wired up for big energy demands the way we are at present. Plus we have the wireless devices, radios, phones, wi-fi, etc, even this USB wireless mouse I am using.

What a different World we would have if all the energy we use was being transmitted thru the air waves. Wireless speakers, appliances vehicles would not need gas/batteries, homes get heat/air cond with out the service connection.

We would have no wired grids, but perhaps all this energy in the air/ozone would cause other unknown conditions?

You need some Duggans......

• Like 2

Question remains: Was Tesla's concept buried by the big interests or was it a dope dream?

We know Tesla was a genius. Samuel Clemens SWEARS (yes, he was a humorist but his comments on this don't sound like a joke) that he walked into Nicolai's lab and saw him levitated between a couple of weird electrical devices.

Anyway, he'd apparently demonstrated lighting bulbs and such from several hundred years via air-transmitted power and convinced investors to let him build a full scale model. Not going into the details, as they are readily available, but will quote Tesla:

"As soon as [the Wardenclyffe facility is] completed, it will be possible for a business man in New York to dictate instructions, and have them instantly appear in type at his office in London or elsewhere. He will be able to call up, from his desk, and talk to any telephone subscriber on the globe, without any change whatever in the existing equipment. An inexpensive instrument, not bigger than a watch, will enable its bearer to hear anywhere, on sea or land, music or song, the speech of a political leader, the address of an eminent man of science, or the sermon of an eloquent clergyman, delivered in some other place, however distant. In the same manner any picture, character, drawing, or print can be transferred from one to another place ..." – "The Future of the Wireless Art," Wireless Telegraphy and Telephony, 1908, pg. 67–71.

"It is not a dream, it is a simple feat of scientific electrical engineering, only expensive – blind, faint-hearted, doubting world! [...] Humanity is not yet sufficiently advanced to be willingly led by the discoverer's keen searching sense. But who knows? Perhaps it is better in this present world of ours that a revolutionary idea or invention instead of being helped and patted, be hampered and ill-treated in its adolescence – by want of means, by selfish interest, pedantry, stupidity and ignorance; that it be attacked and stifled; that it pass through bitter trials and tribulations, through the strife of commercial existence. So do we get our light. So all that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed – only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." – "The Transmission of Electrical Energy Without Wires as a Means for Furthering Peace," Electrical World and Engineer, January 7, 1905.

Seems he was politically naïve and had bad timing. He seems to have figured that most investors would be able to comprehend the value of world wide radio communications and the technology compared to his real goal - wireless electrical transmission. He was right...but Marconi beat him to the punch and when he revealed his real plans most thought him nutszoid. The Wardenclyffe tower was never completed. The more germane point is that no one has ever attempted to complete the experiment. So we still don't know...

Back to coffee, cold brew in particular. I'd mentioned a few pages back I still had my cold brew rig acquired and used to good effect in the 80s. Now a fiendishly clever and simple concept has revealed itself to me: The cold brew lovers say many of the subtleties of fine coffee are lost in heat brewing, and the hot brew crowd says that cold brew doesn't reveal things that heat does.

Think I'll try both. Make cold brew. Put it in the pot, then brew hot coffee to provide a 50/50 mix of hot and cold brew.

BTW, seems I recall that the cold brew I made was MUCH more concentrated than those mentioned here at perhaps (if memory serves) more like a 5 to 1 mix to make a cup.

Dave

• Like 1

Starting into my third pot of percolated today, the Brown Truck stopped by. Today I am having Duggans in my brew. ATT00014.gif

I was worried weather the bottle would make it ok, well that is good news, of course till it runs out, then your research starts. better than Baileys eh ?

• Like 3

• Moderators

Now for the second one.......

83 forecast for today and pollen is turning everything yellow.

Haven't listen to music all week.......but I can tell you in detail about the neighbor's 19 year old daughter's bikini :emotion-25: She suns in the driveway with her dorky boyfriend most days. Yeoooww! All together now say "dirty old man".

Cheers Gents :emotion-44:

Dirty old man.................Ok I'll join you, our neighbor cuts her grass in her tiny bikini and suns a lot, but she's not 19, probably around 45+, tall thin and looks to be injected with silicone. Overall not bad at all from a couple hundred feet. :D

• Like 3

OK I have to ask, tried looking it up, what is Duggans, have an idea but not sure ?

Weeeeel just for my Forum Bud's when I get a good sale on Ebay (Free Money) I mail someone a bottle. PM me your address and you just made this list.

Now Tarheel might be a little different what with that chick in the driveway next door, I just may need to deliver his in person. :tongue:

Edited by minermark
  • Like 3

• Moderators

OK I have to ask, tried looking it up, what is Duggans, have an idea but not sure ?

Weeeeel just for my Forum Bud's when I get a good sale on Ebay (Free Money) I mail someone a bottle. PM me your address and you just made this list.

Now Tarheel might be a little different what with that chick in the driveway next door, I just may need to deliver his in person. :tongue:

Not sure what it is and felt bad about you sending it so I went and told my wife, and told her what I think it may be and she said "hell yea I would try that" :o

So I will send you our mailing address, but only if you let me pay you for it, it's only fair really. Greatly Appreciated

• Like 1

Not sure what it is and felt bad about you sending it so I went and told my wife, and told her what I think it may be and she said "hell yea I would try that" :o

So I will send you our mailing address, but only if you let me pay you for it, it's only fair really. Greatly Appreciated

Duggans has their own Fan club also! https://www.facebook.com/groups/88920292508/

• Like 3

Cold brew sounds tasty....maybe a little time consuming but tasty. Especially in hot weather. 83 here now and heavy pollen!

Well I'm considering doing a 5 gallon batch. Then putting it on tap in a kegerator 8-)

And I thought I liked coffee ! :huh:

It keeps fresh for up to 8 weeks.

• Like 1

Standing Orders:

If anyone wishes a Comp bottle of The Duggans, PM me your addy and as Ebay sales permit, (free Money) im happy to send a bottle.

If I keep going like this, I should Rep for the company.

P.S. it could take a wile to get your sample, Ebay buyers are sure getting nit picky these days.

However your Addy will go on the List.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 4