Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Well I had my 4 cups this morning, 2 cups Maxwell French Roast, 2 cups Dark Roast. The I looked outside... :wub:

Saturday forecast
snow.gif

Cloudy with snow. High around 40F. Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 90%. About one inch of snow expected.

3-22-14_zps01ac4859.jpg

Glad to see you were able to dig your car out!

• Like 1

Oranges blossoming...

Just doing some garage cleaning and came upon my old cold water extraction system. Anybody ever use one? Got it maybe 25 years ago. Put a pound of coffee the top, fill it with water, and leave it overnight. Then, you removed a stopper from the top and it drained through a thick filter into the base.

You get extract. Put an ounce in a cup, fill with boiling water, and you're good. I recall it being different from heat brewed, far superior to any instant, and very convenient for travel. Keep several days at room temp, several weeks in the fridge. Also good as a flavoring agent for ice cream and such.

Dave

Edited by Mallette

• Moderators

Sorry Mach.....not trying to rub it in but its 76 and sunny here

Yep sorry, 79 here and sunny.

But here Mach just for you, copy this and put this over your window, you will feel better instantly, just don't go outside in your bathing suit !

post-9700-0-49080000-1395520300_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Nice photo dtel!

Another Monday but then the days seem to run together when you are retired. Funny how that works....when you're working and have money you have no time. When you retire you have time but no money :wacko: Think I'll have another cup and ponder that.

Cheers gents :emotion-44:

• Like 2

Nice photo dtel!

Another Monday but then the days seem to run together when you are retired. Funny how that works....when you're working and have money you have no time. When you retire you have time but no money :wacko: Think I'll have another cup and ponder that.

On the other hand... retirement is like being a kid again... without your parents rules.... lol.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Nice photo dtel!

My neighbor always said " it's time or money", no time when your working and no money when retired.

Thanks Caribbean islands are fun

• Like 1

• Moderators
I kept them all in a password protected file, and you guessed it...I can't remember the password.

I usually email them to myself, at one time I had all my passwords the same and it was handy. Now it's crazy the require at least one capitol letter and a number, close one eye and say please while coughing. :o

• Like 3

For just over the period of a year I couldn't drink! So one vice turned to another... And it was coffee. I started with your run of the mill stuff in a cheap pot and then started the coffee snobbery. To cut through a long boring story, Ill give you my equipment. For day to day drinking. I have found my favorite cheap bean is 8 o'clock arabica ran through my breville youbrew. Yes it is an expensive coffee machine but it comes very close to competeting with my French press. On the weekends or when I want a fuller, more oily, cup of coffee. I'll grind some bean course and use a French press. Ill use better beans from a local small batch roaster, usually a dark roast. On holidays or when my mom mentions it I'll break out the stove top percolator and she will make up some of grandmas egg coffee. She takes medium ground Colombian and mixes egg into it and puts it into a filter that has been tied to keep the egg from making a mess. I don't know if it's really that good or just a nostalgia thing but it's always special. When I'm on vacation away from my coffee, I'll grind course and use our food saver to make small single serve packets and take my bodum single cup travel press/mug. Just order some hot water, dump it all in, wait 7 minutes and push the plunger down to make the magic. I also own a camp percolator but that's an entirely different conversation on equipment.

• Like 1

For just over the period of a year I couldn't drink! So one vice turned to another... And it was coffee. I started with your run of the mill stuff in a cheap pot and then started the coffee snobbery. To cut through a long boring story, Ill give you my equipment. For day to day drinking. I have found my favorite cheap bean is 8 o'clock arabica ran through my breville youbrew. Yes it is an expensive coffee machine but it comes very close to competeting with my French press. On the weekends or when I want a fuller, more oily, cup of coffee. I'll grind some bean course and use a French press. Ill use better beans from a local small batch roaster, usually a dark roast. On holidays or when my mom mentions it I'll break out the stove top percolator and she will make up some of grandmas egg coffee. She takes medium ground Colombian and mixes egg into it and puts it into a filter that has been tied to keep the egg from making a mess. I don't know if it's really that good or just a nostalgia thing but it's always special. When I'm on vacation away from my coffee, I'll grind course and use our food saver to make small single serve packets and take my bodum single cup travel press/mug. Just order some hot water, dump it all in, wait 7 minutes and push the plunger down to make the magic. I also own a camp percolator but that's an entirely different conversation on equipment.

What were once vices are now habits.....

• Like 1

Yes those KT-88 tubes do get hot but they are not very good at boiling water for coffee :rolleyes:

Ready for the second cup of 8 O'clock in the cheap Mr. Coffee. I do now grind the beans and use filtered water but nothing more elaborate....yet!

Cheers Gents :emotion-44: