Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

won't need to rake leaves... unless your neighbors end up in your yard.

13 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

i hate leaves

They don't bother me, I just run over them with the finishing mower, they will disappear sooner or later. No way i will rake, that's right up there with weed wacking, haven't started mine in 5 year or more. I shape gardens where I just cut the grass along them and cut around trees. 

There about a dozen ponds here and I cut along the edge as close as I can and leave the weeds right on the edge, after a bunch of frost I burn off the edges. I did weed wack is a few times but gave up it's thousands of feet, and I am old and don't like it.

• Like 4

boy left on his motorcycle... came back on foot. Left with tools and in his car. Said he threw his chain...

Was taking too long, so, I went to see if I could find him and help, if needed.

Found him and he did need help.  A couple guys were there talking to him... Reporters from Swiss public broadcast. @MicroMara   We're gonna be on tv.  if you see a guy with long white hair, full beard and wearing a sarong.... that would be me.

They were asking about politics and the topic of guns came up....

think I set them back on their heels as the boy told them I am not a gun person..... and I'm not. But, told them the 2nd Amendment is for people who want 50cal machine guns and the like. Not for hunters and shotguns... it is specifically for anti-personnel weapons.... For us to defend ourselves from the govt... Remember when the Constitution was written...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Well...it´s 3 pm early afternoon , very autumnal outsite, windy rainy, the leaves falling down from the trees. YES I try to distract myself and have a little fun. Laughter is the best medicine. I am now the 5th day in the hospital and I am examined by doctors every day.They told me today that I have a good or very good chance of recovery, maybe they don't even have to cut open my skull because there is a medicine that can dissolve this " tumor". These are indeed good news that makes me feel positive. My father will probably be buried next week on Thursday or Friday. I think I will be able to accompany my father to the last funeral as the oldest son. This is very important for me.

Thank you for your participation and keep in touch .

Regards

Condolences for your Father , it definitely hits hard to even think of losing your DAD ,  stay strong , for the hospital , and lay of the cute nurses, don't forget you're married

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

and back to our regular programming.

The kid went to the ocean this passed week. SanDiego.   I think she enjoyed it. She's never been to water that you couldn't see the other side.... and the big sandbox.

looking forward to talking to her about it. I never saw the ocean until I was 10... maybe older. OceanCity MD. first time a got to the Pacific was on the NW corner of WA. Tip of the Olympic Peninsula. ShiShiBeach. I jumped in... err, kinda skipped of the surface.... The water was "fresh".... but I HAD to get in the water. Why go to the beach if don't go in once?  If I had been to HI before going to that beach, we could have been eating some fine dining from just picking the tide pools. Lots of marine life there.  Lots....

We ended up with a couple ladies while we were there, too. Ah... the good ol' days

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Condolences for your Father , it definitely hits hard to even think of losing your DAD ,

I did the caregiver thing for. my Dad. It was the hardest thing I would do again. We had some good talks.

He laughed when I told him we [kids] used to pluck his bass while it was in its bag/case. He stunned me by asking why we didn't ask...

"But Dad... that is your baby"

That bass stands in my livingroom... I tighten the strings and pluck it every now and again. It has wear on it near as much as WillieNelson's guitar

• Like 3

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

same here ,   I mulch them  with my mowers , the rest just fly off with the wind -

It's the best thing to do, it feeds the grass and creates top soil. 

The best soil is found in the woods, digging up some trees it was the best dirt I had ever seen. Thousands of years of decaying leaves and branches feeds the trees, which return the compost.

• Like 5

I vaguely remember leaves.   Last time I was in Fall conditions, all of the leaves came down in a couple of days. It was crazy. I was in IN... Didn't get to leave until near Christmas. It was 17`F. Shot down I-65...Told myself I was stopping until it was green and warm. Hit GulfShores AL... It was green. Not warm

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I did the caregiver thing for. my Dad. It was the hardest thing I would do again. We had some good talks.

I did the same for my mother in her last years and feel the same way.

Did not get to do that with my dad, he died in the hospital about a year and a half after a heart transplant, cancer around the defibrillator they had put under his skin to shock his heart if it stopped.

• Sad 4

• Moderators
3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Found him and he did need help.  A couple guys were there talking to him... Reporters from Swiss public broadcast. @MicroMara   We're gonna be on tv.  if you see a guy with long white hair, full beard and wearing a sarong.... that would be me.

I can see it now, some dude in another country watching TV telling his wife hey come see this, your not going to believe it, look at this guy and he's out in the desert, thought it Mosses for a second but it's a sarong. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

He hammerjanged the threads on the axel.  I had to come home and get a file and hacksaw blade to clean up the end of the bolt. He dropped the chain again... right at the house.  I told him how to do it, this time.  He thought the adjusters would keep things in place when they weren't positioned properly. Told him to use the nut on the axel to keep things, too. He's gonna get mad at me for letting him make mistakes. I told him I was gonna let him . I will try to keep him from hurting himself, though.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dtel said:

They don't bother me, I just run over them with the finishing mower, they will disappear sooner or later. No way i will rake, that's right up there with weed wacking, haven't started mine in 5 year or more. I shape gardens where I just cut the grass along them and cut around trees. 

There about a dozen ponds here and I cut along the edge as close as I can and leave the weeds right on the edge, after a bunch of frost I burn off the edges. I did weed wack is a few times but gave up it's thousands of feet, and I am old and don't like it.

if I had a piece of land with ponds and a tiki bar...

I would be set up like you

but I would need this 

• Moderators

A Unimog, sure i would want one but don't know where I could use it, and of course no way to pay for it.

As far as this land it's all cleared and I use a finishing mower to cut the grass, the hard work is long over.

But with equipment clearing land is fun. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dtel said:

A Unimog, sure i would want one but don't know where I could use it, and of course no way to pay for it.

As far as this land it's all cleared and I use a finishing mower to cut the grass, the hard work is long over.

But with equipment clearing land is fun. 

they have mower attachments..