Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Made that short putt years ago...  Not a beer belly yet.  Well kinda maybe.  :)

My mugga is HUGE!  Polly about 4-5 cups with that lil thing.  hahaha  

Now do we wanna talk about sleep cycles?  I'm off the charts lately.  Maybe my body is rebelling from all the long hours working before retirement.  It's something.  Maybe I need a wife?  hahahahaha and double ha!  :)

• Haha 1

Nice day in the neighborhood today.  71 and the sun is a shinin!  Even nicer they say for tomorrow.  Garage door is up and I'm kinda airin the place out.  Won't be long and I'll be doing some cleaning.  Might just get the vacuum out!

I'm actually taking a break from a break so I snuck in for a minute.  :)

Since the garage door is up I'm trying to figure out a great lp to share with those here in the hood.  😇

Coltrane w/some horns?  BB with some strings?  Dixon 'n some blues?   Maybe I'll just rock out.  May as well pi$$ em all off on this first nice day.  A right of spring?  Ha!  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

anyone a fan of the new standard time being DST?

Who cares?  Eastern hates DST so...   Sleep patterns?  I could blame the time change back to DST here I guess. Yea, maybe that's why I'm waking up at 11 everyday.  😂

• Haha 1

My sleep patterns are regular... I wouldn't go so far as to say normal. I go to bed at dark thirty and am up at 4AM or earlier.

..a couple hours before sunrise.

Where's @Tarheel? Out chasin' them spring breakers at Myrtle Beach? My "kid" sister is/was down there... from Greensboro... Pics I've seen... the weather was not so nice. Rain...and it looked to be on the cool side.

• Like 1

guess I talking to myself... nothing new about that. I argue with myself, too. At least I know I'm gonna win.

Need to make some strong coffee. Not to drink. Tiramisu. Need to make some mascarpone, too. It's a cream cheese ... Italian style. No garlic, onions or tomato.... Sounds easy enough. I expect the first attempt to be n epic failure... because the instructions are so simple.  Bring heavy cream to a simmer. Add x amt of lemon juice. Stir until it thickens... Drain whey off, overnight. Sounds way too easy... there must be a lot of technique involved...

• Haha 1

I've been trying to clean up the home office space. What that means is... I'm trying to find something I've lost. 🤪

I'm been the one in charge of our Filipino-America association website, and the folder disappeared with our account number and login info. My bad for not having a copy locked in the safe. We've not done anything for the past year or so due to the pandemic. Finally got non-profit status...

I'll have to call GoDaddy (domain host) and see if I can give them enough info to get back on and in control.

... MORE COFFEE!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

guess I talking to myself... nothing new about that. I argue with myself, too. At least I know I'm gonna win.

You sure about that one???  Tarheel slipped into vinyl record spinning for a bit the other night.  Think he's out walkin the master of the house too much!  lol

37 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I'll have to call GoDaddy (domain host) and see if I can give them enough info to get back on and in control.

... MORE COFFEE!!

Can't imagine you being out of control but it happens.  That's why I had to change my nick.  Talk about out of control?  My pw here didn't work and my blood pressure kept going up cause I couldn't get in for some reason.  Gave up and changed my nick and started over.  Never did get my toaster for all those points I had.  That's what hurt the most!  😂

• Haha 1

I did manage to find a folder on my pc that has the info I need, but I can't get into the account. The site still works, and I can get into the Word Press stuff online to edit the pages. Been on hold for 20 minutes to see if I can find out what's going on. I am pretty sure the domain is paid for until April...

Too chilly to be outside...

• Like 2

On 3/17/2022 at 7:56 AM, grasshopper said:

anyone a fan of the new standard time being DST?

I've got mixed feelings.  It's nice to have the Sun appearing to set later, but noon's when the Sun's at its zenith, not at 1:15 pm or so.  In fifty years, will people think they still don't have enough daylight and promote "Double Daylight Saving Time, and move noon to 2-2:15 pm?

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Islander said:

In fifty years, will people think they still don't have enough daylight and promote "Double Daylight Saving Time, and move noon to 2-2:15 pm?

It is what it is...  I'm not EVEN thinking that far ahead.  I'm not going out til after Keef so maybe.  :)

• Haha 2

Last week, my nephew, who's around 19 now, asked me if I had any speakers he could borrow for a basement party that would sound okay.  And were not too huge.  I have a mismatched pair of Heresy IIs, one stock and one with the H-3 upgrade/update kit, so I offered him them.  He thought they were a bit big, but I told him he wouldn't want anything wimpy for a Saint Pat's Day party, so he took those speakers, assuring me that he'd keep an eye on them throughout the evening and make sure nobody messed them around in any way.

He returned the speakers today, and since I had told him that the 100 Wpc Sony receiver he and his friend had bought for the occasion would be easily able to produce plenty of volume, I was curious about how loud they had turned out to be.  Just keep any drunks away from the volume control, I had told him, and "Take good care of my babies!"  Yes, I actually said that.

When I asked him if the speakers had been loud enough, he replied that the cops had come, so yep, that would have been loud enough.  It was warm in the house, so most of the windows had been open, so the music could be easily heard outside, loudly enough to piss off the neighbours.  However, after turning down the volume and speaking to the cops with respect and courtesy, the guys were able to convince the cops to leave without ticketing anybody.

He also commented on how clear the speakers sounded, at every volume level.  Maybe we have some future Klipsch buyers.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Islander said:

He also commented on how clear the speakers sounded, at every volume level.  Maybe we have some future Klipsch buyers.

Hooks them EVERY time!  My brother in law is Mr. Cool when it comes to anything and they're both tight with their money.  He does love his rock n roll though.  He was a 901 boy so there's that.  😂

He stopped one day and asked about sound w/his new big high dollar Sony TV he bought.  He actually bought the "matching" Sony surround sound and had wired it up.  Talkin up his high dollar theater system.  So I invited him in. 😂

He came in and totally lost it when heard my LS.  Took his Sony speakers back and bought an entire Klipsch system.  Invited me over to hear it.   hahaha  As if...  Maybe they'd break out the wine, cheese and crackers..  Quuiiittt iittttttt!  😂   😎

• Haha 4