Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Went out to the bowling alley this afternoon to watch the oldest daughter bowl in the Ladies Invitational.  Yea, we all did it.  Admit it!  Somehow she won the match.  6 strikes in a row for the win.  Hahaha  Tomorrow a repeat of today.

Think "They" were a bit off today with their 70's forecast.  Highest on my phone was 67 but whatever it was  it FELT cold.  

• Like 2

Mornin!

the weather is about half no bueno.  It's sunny.... 22` this AM...65 for a "high"...

... I am having less fun than I anticipated. We are not unhappy about that.

Yesterday, after taking a shower, I was getting around to getting dinner going..; There were some dishes in the sink, so I was going to wash them first .... operative word "WAS"

while rinsing them, the sink was slow to drain. Just a clogged strainer.... I wish. Side step the dishes and get dinner cooking...

Time to play plumber...

Went to the septic cleanout. Water standing. I messed with that for an hour or so w/o fixing the problem...and needing to shower even worse than before I took the first one....and now, not being able to bathe....

I was able to get a snake through the problem this AM w/o getting filthy/er. or this, we are happy

now I have a double stack of dishes to wash... at least I don't have to sit in the yard and wash them.

I made a sorta Swiss Steak/pot roast. We didn't have the ingredients to complete either dish.... Ended up with a roast covered in crushed pickled tomatoes and Rotel, Halved potatoes, chunks of red and yellow bell pepper, onions and a handful of baby carrots [for the wife] finished it out.

• Like 1

well ... it's getting to crunch time.

anyone else juggling with the prospects of owning and shipping a pair of khorns? If I read right... 800 tickets. I bought 5... most of us prolly did.  1:160 chance

----------------

the weather is getting closer to normal temps. Been on the cool side lately. I'm still resting on my laurels after the success over the septic tank line....Wife was most happy that I did the dishes.

Burned the coffee by setting the pot on the stove. Oops Bad enough to not taste like dark/er roast. Blech

• Like 1

Still worrying about those K-horns?  Ya know they're heading to Ohio so relax and thanks for the contribution.  :)

Sunny and 40 today but it's almost spring maybe.  Rain, ssnow, who knows what will happen now.  We get into April then things will start looking up.  

The record shop just picked up a private collection of 10k lp's.  Don't know anything about it but I've picked up a couple in nice shape.  That's the good side.  The down side?  They're going thru 3 crates at a time on video and posting on fb.

They REALLY down side is you have to go in to pick them up, which is insane.  Gas prices?  Ugh, just say no...  ...but maybe!   :)  

• Like 1

We are now paying  about $8.00 CDN for 1 US gallon of regular gas in Canada.

Even with the exchange rate that's about $6.00 US  per US gallon.

If that helps 'over there' I don't mind.

Love Ukrainians (and my Civic.)👍

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, NADman said:

Even with the exchange rate that's about $6.00 US  per US gallon.

If that helps 'over there' I don't mind.

Love Ukrainians (and my Civic.)👍

I'm right there with you. It is hard for me to imagine the pain and suffering the Ukrainians are experiencing. Whatever sacrifice I make at the gas pump, the grocery store, or wherever else means nothing in comparison.

• Like 4

I took a ME day yesterday and wa totally worthless!  Started spinning about noon and finished about 930.  Got into a lot of new stuff and pulled some old for the blend.  Yea, I needed a fix!  This rig was cookin big time.  Fun though!  :)  

Rolled out about 1030 and now I'm thunkin about doing it again...  Gotta celebrate PWK's birthday properly yanno  :)

Kinda "springish" but rain turning to snow this weekend then we'll start over on the spring thingy.  Gotta break soon and I'm ready for sun and warmer temps.  

• Like 1

that sounds like lot of fun ... glad I don't live up there anymore

Our weather is getting over its last [I hope] blast of winter. One more day in the mid 60's, and then 70's and 80's. AHHHHH!.

Must be my week to play plumber. Boy came over at 6:30PM [I was cooking dinner] and sez his water heater is leaking.The water line in... and there is no shut off at the heater. Surprise! And not many have been pleasant... I think I have a flexible line here ... somewhere... I had to shut the water off to the whole damn property.... I have a shutoff I can put in, assuming I have a nipple.

I guess I need a distraction from worrying about where I'm gonna set [Dave's] pair of AL6's.

Boy ran into a hiccup in the cross country relationship. He needs to live out here to work and it is a little too rural, here, for her. She lives in the DC metro and I understand. I couldn't live there.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 6:41 PM, NADman said:

my Jeep GC 6.2 Liter 500+ hp , lease is up  ,offers are coming in  10-15k$ over the buyback and it's a  guzzler -