Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Interesting day today weather wise.  They weren't kidding about 40-50mph wind gusts outta the south last nite and this morning.  It was crazy last night with the winds.  If it blew away last night it's gone.  Prolly should venture out and nose but think I'll pass.  Still some strong wind gusts.  Hope everyone down south is good.  Then cold again.  I wish mother nature would just give up and bring on some sun.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I do not have a masochistic side and really do not care for paying someone to inflict pain on me

I always think of the movie Marathon Man with Dustin Hoffman...  🤐

• Like 3

Mornin' all

I see some of the US got an April Fool's Day snow...

we're basking...

Y'all know I watch tv...

Last night on Wheel of fortune... last puzzle. The contestant won a car...

she jumped in the car and the camera pans across it....

Looked like bird droppings or paint spatters all over the thing... and the side mirror was scraped all to...

it got crashed before it went on stage...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, grasshopper said:

an ad for Coke with coffee

I have done that by accident. I did not enjoy the experience.

......................It will prolly be a big hit.

OK...just how do you make that mistake?

• Haha 2

Easy.. if you are me...

I thought the cup was half full of coffee and topped it off... it wasn't coffee in the cup.

One of the games was fun. Kansas/Villanova might have been close, if 'Nova would have taken the lid off the basket before the game started. They played pretty even after the first 10 minutes. Tarheel is happy today. UNC/Duke was close all of the way.

• Like 2

I think I remember reading somewhere that Coach K's first and last career losses were to NC.

Fixed up a friends thermos a few times.  :)  We had a coffee machine but he insisted on bringing in the coffee his wife made.  He'd leave his office as soon as he got into work and I'd slip down and dump a sugar packet in the thermos when he walked outta the office.  He drank it with sugar only.  I did it every day for about a month and he never said a word.  Then I got gutsy and went with two packets if I could get to his thermos.   :)  He said something to one of the guys about how his wife was putting too much sugar in his coffee.  Came in the next day and said he told his wife and she said she makes it the same every day.  He also carried his lunch she made.  She put a toothpick thru a folded napkin for him every day.  Anyhow we finally convinced him she must have bought a bag of "extra sweet" sugar.  :)  We told him all about it when he retired.  Two months of sucky coffee.  hahaha  

I'm sure he'd sympathize with you @grasshopper

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

He drank it with sugar only.  I did it every day for about a month and he never said a word.  Then I got gutsy and went with two packets if I could get to his thermos. 

WAY BACK-One of my High school teachers bought the first VW bug in the little town I lived in.

He would tell us of the great fuel mileage he was getting. Every week or so we would sneak up his

house at night and dump a gallon or two in the Bug's tank. Every week or so he would tell us of the amazing

MPG's he was getting. Went from 40's to 50's to 60's 70's 80's. We finally wrote him a note to explain.

I flunked that class.

• Haha 4

That had to have been when gas was under a buck! I know when they came to the states, we'd count them on the highway and get double points for the buses. Along with the sore shoulder.

You would have passed if it had been the last decade or two!

• Like 2

open the door and let some air in...

prolly mentioned that it's spring here. The birds are back. Most noticeable are the vultures [how Arizona is that?]. They roost in the neighbors eucalyptus trees. At sundown, it looks like a winged tornado... 50 or 60 of the swirling around before they settle. Kinda eerie....

... and the thought of the "Patience my a$$. I'm gonna kill something" comes to mind.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Had to bite an aspirin in half this morning, had forgotten to turn the dehumidifier back on from a couple days ago when it was 20% and 65 degrees outside. Sinus fix is a 500mg Bayer then a cup of light roasted beans I have now, they have a kick! Raining so much today you could wash your truck without a garden hose!

So... I did the s's plus the haircut a little late this month. How in the heck can the back grow in jagged when I leave it straight with a comb and the Wahl every time? Didn't do this years ago, I must have a short circuit somewhere for that to happen :huh2:

• Haha 2