Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I sooooo have a love/hate relationship with those.  ^^^^^^^^  I give up...  You'd be amazed at how gross I thought those were back in the day.  Guys would throw those down then laff at me for not jumpin on mine. 

Kinda the same way they laffed at me for not drinking lit shots.  Yea it was real funny when I finally got the courage to throw down my first one.  I hit my mouth with it but somehow the flame burned half my moustache off and blistered the underside of my nose on the way down.  Nobody thought of that which made it even funnier.  Guys w/beards and moustache's piped up then and jumped on the wagon.  Shaved the thing off and had to start over.  Have had a moustache my entire life.  Until that night.  hahaha  It grew back though  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Maybe with something other than gin..

---------------------------------------------------

I singe my beard too often ...  nothing smells so good as burned hair. blech. I won't humiliate myself by telling you that I had a small "fire" recently ...

I planted Buttercrunch lettuce. Everything else gets so bitter that you can't eat it. And we eat cilantro as salad..

• Haha 3

jungle juice. Hawaiian Punch covers the taste of everything

-----------------

I'm getting spring fever. A few days of nice weather ... Looks like we're in for a bit of a roller coaster for weather. Back to low 60's starting Wed. Average temps are pushing 70...

oh... they  are talking about loosening the restriction for AirForce training. Like lowering minimum altitude. I don't think they are talking about here. There has been more than one time that I have looked out my rear view mirror to see an A-10 on my bumper. That will give ya a thrill.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Take a large cooler. Pour in a gallon of Everclear,half gallon of Smirnoff blue label,half gallon of Captain Morgan spiced rum. Top off with 5-10 pounds of ice and 3 gallons or so of (real) grape juice. Viola! We called it Purple Jesus. Staple of outdoor field parties/bonfires of my youth.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@geezin' the PJ was the same for us just that bottle above and grape Hi-C with the same fruit.

Heard tell or tales of folks mixing it in their their bathtub!

Never saw that just big plastic containers that did not resemble a punch bowl and held a few gallons.

Think all of us that had the summer of `79 as our passage to adulthood instead of `69 were lucky to survive it!

@grasshopper I remember jungle-juice being left in that bin on the side porch with the milk and OJ when I was little

• Like 5

1 minute ago, grasshopper said:

yes, I do

I think it's cool to be able to tell what brand of sunglasses the pilots wear.  They buzz the lake, too. We get to see C-120/130 [?] skimming the tops of the  hills with entourages of helis. Cool stuff

nothing beats living close to an Air Force Base ,  cause watching  the pilots do their aerobatics is one hell of a rush

• Like 1

Spent the mid-late '80s working in Annapolis Maryland AKA home of the US Naval Academy. In the summer the Blue Angels would fly around a couple times a month. Work in town pretty much stopped for 10-15 minutes while everyone went outside or to the windows to watch the free air show.

• Like 2

Happy Valentine's Day!  Ha!  :)  The boy's were onto something back in the day and someday the world might "get it!"

Road trip to Cleveland tomorrow to catch the Neal Morse Band w/Mike Portnoy on drums.  Small 500 seat restored venue w/a newly restored 150 seat tavern attached.  Gonna be killer!  :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Sooo... this pic has all made up labels. After noticing the first I looked over all of them. Am I just THAT slow to get it?

You can’t believe everything you see on the internet.

Booth and I were chatting about the prairie oyster drink and how the character in the anime Cowboy Bebop appears to make one with gin.

In the show all the labels are drawn slightly different from the familiar brands in our present reality.

Hence, Boofeater, etc.

235E7A45-6BB3-4AF9-AC07-C3FD57944EC8.jpeg.5c986c7eabade8ab7bf0eddfa44172d1.jpeg

• Haha 1