Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Just another day at the office.  I gotta get outta here.  Grandson has a ball game so I can go sit and saddle him up a bit.  Hooked 'em up with some Cleveland tickets for Sunday's game, handed him 3 new balls and told him to get 'em signed.  Yup, brought 3 back all signed and they won so tonight it'll be fun watchin him w/that MLB game face on.  lol  :)

• Like 4

Annnnnnd, got one inning in and the lightning started then the deluge so they called it.  

Made some good use of the time though when I rolled back in.

Donald-Fagan-Night-Fly.jpg

The Nightfly is the debut solo studio album by American singer-songwriter Donald Fagen. Produced by Gary Katz, it was released October 1, 1982, by Warner Bros. Records. Fagen is best known for his work in the group Steely Dan, with whom he enjoyed a successful career since the 1970s. The band separated in 1981, leading Fagen to pursue a solo career. Although The Nightfly includes a number of production staff and musicians who had played on Steely Dan records, it was Fagen's first release without longtime collaborator Walter Becker.

Unlike most of Fagen's previous work, The Nightfly is almost blatantly autobiographical. Many of the songs relate to the cautiously optimistic mood of his suburban childhood in the late 1950s and early 1960s and incorporate such topics as late-night jazz disc jockeys, fallout shelters, and tropical vacations. Recorded over eight months at various studios between New York City and Los Angeles, the album is an early example of a fully digital recording in popular music. The nascent technology, as well as the perfectionist nature of its engineers and musicians, made the album difficult to record.

Beatles-Revolver-2022-remix-great-lp.jpg

This 2022 remix is ONE amazing album.  Such a great album back in the day.  If it's not in your collection I'd highly recommend it.  :)

Revolver: Special Edition is an expanded reissue of the 1966 album Revolver by the English rock band the Beatles. It was released on 28 October 2022,[1] and includes a new stereo remix of the album by Giles Martin, with the help of de-mixing technology developed by Peter Jackson's WingNut Films, as well as the original mono mix, session recordings, demos, and an EP including new mixes of the non-album single "Paperback Writer" and its B-side, "Rain", recorded during the Revolver sessions.

Giles Martin had previously expressed interest in remixing the Beatles' pre-Sgt. Pepper albums via special "demixing" technology developed at Abbey Road Studios, but wanted to wait until the software improved enough to be used in such a project. Speaking to Rolling Stone in July 2021, Martin said that the software was "getting a lot better" and that he was "constantly looking at how we could approach it if I ever get to [remix] Revolver or Rubber Soul, early albums, which a lot of people want me to do".[2] In October 2021, Martin told Super Deluxe Edition: "I don't think it's ready at this moment in time",[3] but noted about Revolver: "There's not as much bouncing down on Revolver as there is on Pepper. There's not that many instruments, it's not that complex."[3]

[On "Taxman"] I can take off the guitar, I can take off the bass, and then I can even separate the snare drum and kick drum as well. And they sound like the snare drum and kick drum. There's no hint of guitar on there (even though they'd been baked together on the master tapes). And I don't know how it's done! It's like I'm giving them a cake and they're giving me flour, eggs, and milk and some sugar.[1]

Giles Martin on the "demixing" technology used to remix the album

In late August 2022, Martin confirmed via Twitter that Revolver would receive a remix,[4] with a further tweet hinting at an additional surround sound mix.[4] The reissue was officially announced on 7 September 2022.[1] Martin confirmed that the "demixing" technology had improved considerably by that point, and credited the work done by Peter Jackson's audio team in the development of The Beatles: Get Back for making the new remix possible.[1] To promote the reissue, the new mix for the album's opening track, "Taxman", was released as a preview.[5]

:)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sweet.. The boss just gave me permission to head out to Hudson Valley HiFi to pick up my new toy. JL Audio d110 in Black Ash, which perfectly matches my Black ash Heresy IV's. Happy Father's Day to me. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I can't say enough about this monster. Good gravy!!! Don't for the love of God allow it to open up too much....unless you like skipping your vinyl from start to finish. Holy crap!!! My fillings!!!

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Marvel said:

More memory always helps

Wish I could do that for my own memory... slip in a couple more DIMMs behind the left ear...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Since it's already dark it's a little hard to see, but we're helping to roast a couple pigs for a Filipino thing tomorrow. One is about 125lbs the other 150lbs.

20240525_234344~3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Abomb Always nice to move some air, which in turn, moves some hair on your legs in the summertime when you're wearing shorts. :)    How's that gold card lookin?  😂

Hittin the 80's around here lately.  Possibility of shower's last night so closed the windows a bit.  Woke up slimy.  No rain so crashed again and woke up at noon.  Calling for more garbage tonight.  Too early to fire up the a/c but maybe.

Monday's Memorial Day once again.  The one day of the year I absolutely dread.  Most of the WWII guys are gone and forgotten as are so many of us Nam boys 'n girls. 

Duckburg's annual parade will prolly get called for rain and the service will be held at the High School.  Yea, ya stay dry but I wonder how many would stand out in the rain at the cemetery listening to a high school kid recite the Gettysburg Address?  Then the band play a lil diddy and someone play taps.  Prolly not many.

After that, it's down  to the Legion for some piggy and brotherhood?  Yea, then I get my annual water glass full of Scotch neat and think about all of it.  The people, the music and the true cost of freedom.  Yea, it is what it is but...  There's ALWAYS a but.  That ONE darn song. 

Fly a flag?  If ya do it's half-staff @ 9AM and back up to full staff at noon.  Carry on!  :)

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Since it's already dark it's a little hard to see, but we're helping to roast a couple pigs for a Filipino thing tomorrow.

Funny, you'd post that as I was having a vision typing away.  lol  THAT would be fun and off the charts good.  Enjoy it!  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

@Abomb Always nice to move some air, which in turn, moves some hair on your legs in the summertime when you're wearing shorts. :)    How's that gold card lookin?  😂

Hittin the 80's around here lately.  Possibility of shower's last night so closed the windows a bit.  Woke up slimy.  No rain so crashed again and woke up at noon.  Calling for more garbage tonight.  Too early to fire up the a/c but maybe.

Monday's Memorial Day once again.  The one day of the year I absolutely dread.  Most of the WWII guys are gone and forgotten as are so many of us Nam boys 'n girls. 

Duckburg's annual parade will prolly get called for rain and the service will be held at the High School.  Yea, ya stay dry but I wonder how many would stand out in the rain at the cemetery listening to a high school kid recite the Gettysburg Address?  Then the band play a lil diddy and someone play taps.  Prolly not many.

After that, it's down  to the Legion for some piggy and brotherhood?  Yea, then I get my annual water glass full of Scotch neat and think about all of it.  The people, the music and the true cost of freedom.  Yea, it is what it is but...  There's ALWAYS a but.  That ONE darn song. 

Fly a flag?  If ya do it's half-staff @ 9AM and back up to full staff at noon.  Carry on!  :)

For all that served....thank you.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Abomb said:

For all that served....thank you.

Thanks for that brother but we're the ones that made it home.  

l tried to get back in here and change it up before someone saw it and commented.  Tomorrow isn't about us it's about those who didn't make it home.  

According to Wiki, "WWII casualties" beginning in 1939 the US had just over 131M people of which 407,000K died from military causes. 

The 20-year Viet Nam War, which ended in 1975 resulted in 58K KIA or non-combat deaths (including the missing and deaths in captivity.

Factor in everything since then?  Insanity?  What lies ahead? 

So yea, off the soap box.  Coffee's good.  :)

image.png  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Dave1291 said:

Thanks for that brother but we're the ones that made it home.  

l tried to get back in here and change it up before someone saw it and commented.  Tomorrow isn't about us it's about those who didn't make it home.  

According to Wiki, "WWII casualties" beginning in 1939 the US had just over 131M people of which 407,000K died from military causes. 

The 20-year Viet Nam War, which ended in 1975 resulted in 58K KIA or non-combat deaths (including the missing and deaths in captivity.

Factor in everything since then?  Insanity?  What lies ahead? 

So yea, off the soap box.  Coffee's good.  :)

image.png  

I totally understand. Unfortunately I can't speak to those that didn't make it. I however can thank their Brothers and Sisters that did, and let them know that their Brothers and Sisters that didn’t come home will never be forgotten. 🇺🇸

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@Abomb   Eh, not a biggie.  Wasn't a hit on you at all with your statement.  Figured that's what you meant.  You're a big kid.  I'll take the 10 point hit for clarity in the original post.  lol  It was on me totally.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1