Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

just saw we are low on coffee too

2 things I make sure I have when I am on my way home from work on Friday, Beer, and coffee for the weekend.

Running out of anything is rare here, this time, we did not get back in from the Oregon road trip till 3pm sat.

When your being fed by a Chef everyday, you don't really care what's in your cupboard at home. :P

• Like 4

Im about ready for some serious libations, Ebay sub deal fell through due to yet another buyer needing an education about Ebay.

This is the tenth deal this year that the buyer, worms out after the sale even though they got a killer deal.

This sale was classic, the buyer, after I accepted his offer last night, comes back at me this morning and demands free shipping.

I suppose if I were making money at this it would not bother me.

Have not had Scotch In a month, im ready.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Glad the Belles went local, that's very good. The guy with the sub probably thought he could pressure you into shipping instead of trying to sell again. I wonder if it was his plan or just had second thoughts, or just a jerk ?

The good news is you had a nice trip with the wife and got some LaScalas and also let the wife compare and see how much she really likes the khorns.

• Like 2

Reno run is in order, trigger time, and a little Tannerite, is well over due.

Have a gent wanting my 3/4 Martin socket set who lives up there, he was bummed out because he could not make the drive to sactown for a week or two, freaked out when I told him ill be at my local pub up there on sat. nice to make someone's day.

Now dammit im getting some Duggans today, last day without my coffee creamer.

They are talking 100s next week :ohmy:

• Like 2

It seems you are quite the road warrior Mark. Don't forget your Duggans :)

Just back from a tasty breakfast after four days of the Stillman diet. Down to 182.......again :wacko:

Had two over medium, crisp bacon, and little potato squares deep fried. I make a circle of catsup with hot sauce in the middle for the potatoes. Yum!

So the lady friend will be back in town tomorrow or Sunday. Bachelor days are about over.

My Blueberry should be at Mark's house by now. Must say the back up QS preamp sounds mighty fine.

Enough about me.....what are you guys up to for the weekend?

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 1

what are you guys up to for the weekend

My son has a double header Sunday, my wife wants to refinish our daughters dresser. I am going to try and find a way to relax. Other then that playing with the Jamboree in the basement.

Its starting to heat up around here, with humidity. I have to turn the sprinklers more and more now, plus raise the deck of the lawn mower.

• Like 3

A co-worker brought some Starbucks coffee to me this morning... a nice gesture for sure! But, yuck! Burnt and nasty tasting! I didn't say anything except for "Thank you" as the intention was good.

Good show muel, that cup likely cost-em four bucks, it's the thought that matters.

The only time I hit the Starbuck, is when it's a 100+ around here, cannot seem to get away from those Moca-Blended-Frapachinos.

• Like 2

I don't know what was in it but I really liked the iced coffee I used to get at a Thai food place years ago. I don't think that place lasted a year but my mouth would be numb from the spicy food and my head buzzing from the caffeine.

• Like 2

Gosh.....all this talk about coffee and no one has mentioned iced coffee or coffee flavored fraps...till now. Thanks Mark and muel. Baskin Robbins makes a coffee milk shake that is pretty tasty.

Then again its just now really starting to heat up around here. Makes since to me, though I do love sitting on the deck in the cool summer mornings having my coffee. I might whip me up a set of chairs and table out of some pallets this weekend for those very occasions.

• Like 1

Never really got into the starbuck thing, just the fraps, however I will throw this out there, the last two years of my work in Roseville, I got to know the owners of a small coffee joint known as "Kona Coffee", did not take me long to have a I/2 gal of the Duggans behind the counter, ya know what it does for coffee, we started putting it in to Fraps, his little Foxie Baristas were very happy when I came to the shop......I do miss the simple times.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Gosh.....all this talk about coffee and no one has mentioned iced coffee or coffee flavored fraps...till now.

Anything coffee flavored is better than non coffee flavored, you should have seen my face when I first found Tiramisu, my grand son brought it to me and said try this paw paw your going to like it. I was shocked at how strong the coffee flavor was, almost made myself sick eating it.

• Like 2

Up a tad early, the thought of a Hautly Cigar/Single malt is haunting me, and I did not do a CL search for this whole week for the Reno area.

I should be safe from the procurement of any more of the dreaded Klipsch for some time to come. first time in years iv been in this position.

The wife is happy with her Khorns, and the Cave is happy with the double stack Scalas. :)

I wish everyone a good weekend.

• Like 2

Well folks I think last weekend caught up to me, as I just slept for 10.5 hours. Not normal for me. But here I am sipping coffee and chatting with good folks.

the thought of a Hautly Cigar/Single malt is haunting me

After my coffee, I am heading to a cigar event at my local cigar shop. I believe Oliva is sponsoring it, so there should be some good deals, maybe some Oliva O series or even V series are in store. We will see, well hope all you enjoy your day. For those retired folks, just so you know it is Saturday, I just don't want you to get confused on which day it is.

• Like 2

Well folks I think last weekend caught up to me, as I just slept for 10.5 hours. Not normal for me. But here I am sipping coffee and chatting with good folks.

the thought of a Hautly Cigar/Single malt is haunting me

After my coffee, I am heading to a cigar event at my local cigar shop. I believe Oliva is sponsoring it, so there should be some good deals, maybe some Oliva O series or even V series are in store. We will see, well hope all you enjoy your day. For those retired folks, just so you know it is Saturday, I just don't want you to get confused on which day it is.

Currently cranking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jH74e3Qo9k, and sat is just about the only thing I remember today.

• Like 1