Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I don't know why this has been such a difficult decision but I have been thinking about it for months and now it appears its about to happen. I am going to adopt a rescue dog if the visit goes well tomorrow. My concern has been allergies, shedding, and cost. I am kind of a neat freak about the house and I live alone so its easy to keep things tidy. With a shedding dog....not so much.

Ace is a 102 pound Shepherd/Golden Retriever mix. He is in a shelter that euthanizes animals when their hold time is up. He is a handsome and laid back fellow according to the ad but ads are not always reliable. The owner was located but he declined to pick the dog up.

Not crazy about the name Ace and especially after having been named by such a jerk. Maybe Jake? Larry would be funny! Or Bob?

Any thoughts hear guys? My last two dogs were labs and they both died at 14 years of age. Both were good companions.....should I do it again?

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Digging out supplies from previous pets. Have a leather leash, child gate for the doorway, and two collars. Initially he will sleep in the utility room with the door opened and the gate up. The idea is to not bring hair and dander into the bedroom if possible.

He will need a large bed, food, water and food bowls to start. After being in the shelter I think a bath is a good idea. All vaccinations are up to date. As I can barely feed myself I am trying to do this on the cheap though he will get "top notch" food. A dog park is 2 miles away!

This is assuming we get along tomorrow. I mean he could prefer solid state or Bose :unsure:

Missing anything? Good name suggestions?

• Like 2

My day so far, found I cannot adapt the salt water conversion unit without draining half the pool, so that is what iv been doing since 9am, still waiting......

One the bright side though, Guinness, Scotch, Marshall Tucker cranked, just about the time the wife gets home ill be attacking the pool with an xacto knife.

It's my understanding salt water is good for open wounds, sorry no CCTV coverage in the back 40.

We've had 2 lab Shepard mixes. Both were very intelligent

If you will just move over a little, he'll probably let you share the bed with him. :rolleyes:

As for names, we usually give them people names if they don't already have a name. If they are already named,we just leave it the same.

Fred

George/Georgia Lee

Maggie May

• Moderators
This is assuming we get along tomorrow. I mean he could prefer solid state or Bose Missing anything? Good name suggestions?

Considering he will be saved by you he would probably at least act like he likes the tubes and klipsch if he is a smart dog ? :lol:

Myself I think it's a good idea but your the one with the responsibility, so to be fair to you, also consider what you would do with him if you left for a few days, just part of having a pet and something to think about.

As far as a name you could come up with something after you are around him a little, just remember you will have to call the name in public.

When my wife and grandson got our shelter dog my wife wanted the grandson to name him deoge pronounced de oge, but spelled dog :o The grandson picked the name Parker so that's what it is, he is a good dog.

You probably already know if the dog acts anywhere near normal your probably going to get him if you went this far to even consider it. :emotion-55:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

I don't remember who posted this classic so I thought what the hell, throw it out there for a smile :)

I had never seen that one, very funny. :tongue:

I agree worth every min to watch.

Excellent... Thanks for posting...

• Like 1

I don't remember who posted this classic so I thought what the hell, throw it out there for a smile :)

I had never seen that one, very funny. :tongue:

I agree worth every min to watch.

Excellent... Thanks for posting...

I will say that it was one of the "cleanest" of these clips that I've seen....