Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Freshly sprung from the Pokey.........

Way to go Chuck! I may have spent 20 years in the Coast Guard; but, You're the real lifesaver.

Damn Steve....that brought a tear to my eyes. Have you ever seen the bumper sticker "Who rescued who?" That may be the case here. As you and a couple of others know after Julia passed away in 2010 I rattled around this house alone for far too long. Several folks told me to get a dog and I always thought that a bit odd. Lose a spouse....get a dog. They were well intentioned but I wasn't ready....till now.

Thanks Steve.

Chuck you're just an old softie, aren't you?

I recall very well when your dear Julia passed. When Ben notified me, I probably did a horrible job expressing my condolences; but, if you're anything like me, i really don't want any cheering up when I'm down. Let me be down, let me work through it. I'm glad to see you back socializing, and when i missed a couple of months of forum time--you were the only one to contact me to see if I was alright. I appreciate that. You're a good man and Jake is going to be well taken care of, i'm sure of that. One of my good friends lives in your area. He's been after me for years to come visit…one of these days i will and i hope i can look you up. Must be a good state as it's the home of my favorite basketball player … Big Game James Worthy.

Have a great weekend.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Thanks for the dog information. I don't speak dog very well. Maybe that's why our daughters' chihuahua pets, first Rico Suave, and now his son, Maverick Rico Suave, keep pooping in our office room. Rico even pooped behind my office chair a few times with me in it shortly after I took him out. And he peed on my Cambridge Soundworks Model 12.... but I think Chihuahuas are closer related to the fox than to dogs?

I think he just don't like you, :emotion-55: be careful putting your shoes on. :D

I bet you can fix that problem with superglue

• Like 4

A better companion in the animal world, I cannot imagine. Syrian archaeological team found evidence of fox buried in an intentional funeral way with a male human, pre 2000 BC. No point but, some powerful evidence of man interacting with animal.

I love animals more the older I get. Companion is just the tip.

• Like 2

Woke up this morning and 14 hours after staining the LaScalas they are still tacky. I put too much stain on them (obviously). When they dry (if they dry) I will probably need to sand them a bit. So much to learn and so little time to learn it.

• Like 2

2:30, coffee was done! wife got up even earlier, nice.

Wake up to find cousin on the couch, 10Ga. shotgun next to him. (daughter, cat, house, care taker wile we are away).

I told my cousin tommy if he ever shoots anybody with that thing, he's not going home till the woodwork is done.

Wife is dressed, I suppose they are waiting on me, just one more cup of coffee., please :blink2:

Woke up this morning and 14 hours after staining the LaScalas they are still tacky. I put too much stain on them (obviously). When they dry (if they dry) I will probably need to sand them a bit. So much to learn and so little time to learn it.

Quick note:

Put some of the same stain on a rag, this will act as a solvent, wipe down the entire stained area, repeat finishing off when dry.

That is to say first rag, wet ,second rag dry, then let them set in a warm place overnight.

Don't you ever stay home Mark? You might like it there :) Think you and Earl may end up with the most toys at the rate you two are going. I think Earls hands are stuck to the speakers this morning so we may not hear from him for a while.

Just back from the dog park. No one there for the first 20 minutes and as I was leaving a young guy that works in the movie industry showed up with two Pitt Bulls. Worked out fine after a little butt sniffing. Jake has not been neutered and still is quite the man. Hope he still likes me after "the procedure" on the 26th :o

For my fellow retirees......its Saturday. Any exciting plans for the weekend?

Steve.....you better look me up if you get over to the right coast!

• Like 2

Don't you ever stay home Mark

I know hes never going to be able to sit and enjoy coffee and music if he doesn't.

My first cup of coffee.... top of the list

Mine as well, just finished brewing. Ordering some carry breakfast for the wife and daughter and me, son is off at a friends house.

You guys want to hear how I accident purchased a MC2100. I feel I am collect quite a bit of power amplifiers, I am starting to feel like some of the hoarders on this forum.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just back from the dog park. No one there for the first 20 minutes and as I was leaving a young guy that works in the movie industry showed up with two Pitt Bulls. Worked out fine after a little butt sniffing. Jake has not been neutered and still is quite the man. Hope he still likes me after "the procedure" on the 26th For my fellow retirees......its Saturday. Any exciting plans for the weekend?

Well that's good, he get's along well with others, I'm sure he is happy about the attention he has now and not just stuck in a pen, sounds like he is a good guy. Hate to think about the procedure but it will be over before he knows what's going on, still much better than his fate before you came along, a easy choice.

Nothing really exciting this weekend, granddaughters cheer recital tomorrow which is only slightly better than a dance recital which is always torture. But I get to take pic's so it's fun, a little.

It is getting HOT and humid here, not Minermark's 100+ hot but still hot.

• Like 2

• Moderators
You guys want to hear how I accident purchased a MC2100.

Yes, how do you accidently buy a amp ? I have accidently not bought one once by thinking I hit the buy-it-now button at the last min when apparently I didn't and the auction ended, but never the opposite.

• Like 2

Steve.....you better look me up if you get over to the right coast!

I will Chuck. My wanderlust is sure tempting me. technically, i can retire from the county this coming october. I can't tell you how much i'd love to get in the car and drive away for good; but, still paying off the BMW so i should do something that brings in some dough -- seem to have this expensive sickness of buying guitars. I've got a venture in the early stages now, so hopefully that will generate enough income for me to say goodbye to the working for the man. I'd probably end up moving closer to the city (Los Angeles) if it takes off. But, that's okay … been in the OC for too long already.

Minermark -- don't believe the motley crew retirement hype…i fell for the Rolling Stones farewell tour back in 1982. Coliseum in Los Angeles…Stones, J.Geils Band, George Thourogood and the Destroyers. and Prince. Prince was booed off stage in his second song. he got super profane and the crowd didn't go for it. He wasn't well known back then, and in 1982, it was basically a 60s/70s crowd … and we had strong morals in the 60s/70s, right?

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 2