Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Thanks guys.......so far nothing negative to report.....a good boy in need of a bath Will need more training but he seems to be a quick learner.

Glad you got him, you two look like a good match, the only reason he isn't more excited is he had no idea what was ahead of him if it were not for you.

I was going to ask earlier but thought it might not be a good idea if you were having second thoughts.

You did great today and have a new admirer and best friend, I would think both of you will benefit.

Dang dude you do NOT look your age (see old), :D keep up whatever your doing. :emotion-21:

Thanks for the kind words my friend. He is laying at my feet while I have a cup of joe and reading forum news. As for the age I am 65.5 and must say I have been blessed with good health and genes.

• Like 1

Freshly sprung from the Pokey.........

Way to go Chuck! I may have spent 20 years in the Coast Guard; but, You're the real lifesaver.

Damn Steve....that brought a tear to my eyes. Have you ever seen the bumper sticker "Who rescued who?" That may be the case here. As you and a couple of others know after Julia passed away in 2010 I rattled around this house alone for far too long. Several folks told me to get a dog and I always thought that a bit odd. Lose a spouse....get a dog. They were well intentioned but I wasn't ready....till now.

Thanks Steve.

post-17365-0-57980000-1402056276_thumb.j

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 3

Freshly sprung from the Pokey.........

Way to go Chuck! I may have spent 20 years in the Coast Guard; but, You're the real lifesaver.

Damn Steve....that brought a tear to my eyes. Have you ever seen the bumper sticker "Who rescued who?" That may be the case here. As you and a couple of others know after Julia passed away in 2010 I rattled around this house alone for far too long. Several folks told me to get a dog and I always thought that a bit odd. Lose a spouse....get a dog. They were well intentioned but I wasn't ready....till now.

Thank you for your kind words my friend.

:emotion-21::emotion-21::emotion-21: Lookin good my man, lookin dam good.

No doubt take a few weeks to adapt to a nice guy, but once he knows he's safe, he will be lookin out for you.

So I guess now that you have a four legged burgler alarm, we should talk about those gold plated tube amps you have been wanting :D

• Like 1

Sorry about the wife.

Dogs, unconditional and unending love and attention.Little dogs go 16 or so years, we have Akitas and 12 to 14 is a very old dog. We just said good by to 2 life long (dogs life) friends last year, we now have a 1.5 yo rescue dog. He never will take the place of any prior dog but he is his own being and will also have a special place in our hearts.

They always listen to you, seem attentive and are thankful to just be near you.

We give them our spare food, our spare time and our spare attention and in exchange, they give us their everything, what a great deal.

• Like 3

Thanks Cal :)

Losing Julia was the hardest thing I've ever gone though and for the next three years was too private for me to share with forum friends. Ben asked about my absence and I in return sent him a PM to only share with a couple of folks I consider close friends even though we have never met.

Julia was rare. A juvenile diabetic who under went three organ transplants and open heart surgery prior to her passing. She was never defined by her issues and would quickly deflect questions when asked about her health. Julia was a people person and would continue a conversation with a stranger till she made a common connection. This was not just polite conversation but a genuine interest in knowing all about you.

We always kidded her about being the Goober Queen since she was the Peanut Queen in her home town of Windsor, NC. She was a trooper with a heart of gold and I am a better person for knowing and loving her for twenty six years. Friends said I "over married" and they were right. She was the epitome of an "Angel Flying To Close To The Ground".

And so now I have Jake.....I can tell he is going to be a great dog. Just had some company over and he was so well behaved and so laid back. I'm lucky....

post-17365-0-66860000-1402072152_thumb.j

• Like 4

I understand. We have been married 32 years and it seems like only last week we got together. Cyndy has the Cyst issue that I posted about. She has had it the whole time we have been together but were unaware of it for the first 3 years. It has been a slow progression to get where we are today. Only when looking back at photos only 3 or 4 years ago does she seem like a different person from today.

I can't imagine your trials getting used to life alone.

Dogs are great. They are not a replacement (no one or nothing is) but they do offer love and companionship. Jake looks to be at home with you.

I don't know if you speak dog, I have learned a LITTLE while our dogs learn a lot from us. Yawning and lip licking are calming signals. The say to the other dog, I am not a threat, I am friendly, relax. You will get the signal back if you look for it, they are always looking for signals from us so if you give one, it seems to help. At least with our dog it does. Toshi is a real people dog, he is nearly 30 inches tall and if given a chance, he will climb into the chair with you, just to get closer.

Enjoy Jake!

Awhile back, like when I was younger, I was working a job that was hot with 2 older co-workers moving heavy equipment.

We got hot and they were saying, let's go cool off. Great I'm thinking. Well we proceeded to go to a restaurant and they ordered hot coffee all around. Abit counterintuitive, but it worked for me then. If already posted, sorry. Guess they were not the first to discover this.

• Like 2

Finished off the coffee pot today during my 5 hours of selling the Birch Scalas, $130 bucks of Diesel, and am taking a break before I break down the stack and load the truck, due into No Hollywood by noon, I better find my rainbow colored scarf, have not seen that in years.

Wife is looking forward to the road trip, my ONLY concern is getting the new stuff in the truck, iv looked like the Beverly hillbilly's a time or two.

Glad to hear everyone is having a good Friday so far.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Pissing off the neighbors shirts just came in....cool.

I doubt it would go with the rainbow scarf, ask the wife she would know.

After this trip I think that shirt will really be needed, maby even a flag like it.

• Like 1

Well I hope they sound as good as expected, You know we will expect pictures and complete report.

Well even the short time I had this stack running I was thinking of doubling up on my tuber, soon it will be a must have with little choice, and I may even need to go bigger than I thought.

We will certainly know sun/mon.

Alright, here we go, time for a back ache.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 2

Losing Julia was the hardest thing I've ever gone though and for the next three years was too private for me to share with forum friends. Ben asked about my absence and I in return sent him a PM to only share with a couple of folks I consider close friends even though we have never met.

Amazing how caring and what good friends we've made virtually and consider close friends. A few I've met in person at Klipsch Pilgrimages or as a carrier in the Klipsch Express. The "Wall of Voodoo" and "Wall of Boudoir" are well worth the trip to Okeechobee if you're in the vicinity and Marshall aka Groomlakarea51 fixes alligator that is actually fit to eat. Tastes a lot like chicken but marinated and sauteed it's not rubbery like in restaurants.

Julia was rare. A juvenile diabetic who under went three organ transplants and open heart surgery prior to her passing. She was never defined by her issues ... She was the epitome of an "Angel Flying To Close To The Ground".

One of my classmates had juvenile diabetes and it was very difficult for her physically with a lot of related and maybe other health issues. Soldiered on until 40 something and she never complained that I'm aware. I remember when she got her first car and was sooo excited as it had a good radio. A good AM radio> Is there still such a thing.

Sound's like ya got a great dog.

• Like 1

I understand. We have been married 32 years and it seems like only last week we got together. Cyndy has the Cyst issue that I posted about. She has had it the whole time we have been together but were unaware of it for the first 3 years. It has been a slow progression to get where we are today. Only when looking back at photos only 3 or 4 years ago does she seem like a different person from today.

I can't imagine your trials getting used to life alone.

Dogs are great. They are not a replacement (no one or nothing is) but they do offer love and companionship. Jake looks to be at home with you.

I don't know if you speak dog, I have learned a LITTLE while our dogs learn a lot from us. Yawning and lip licking are calming signals. The say to the other dog, I am not a threat, I am friendly, relax. You will get the signal back if you look for it, they are always looking for signals from us so if you give one, it seems to help. At least with our dog it does. Toshi is a real people dog, he is nearly 30 inches tall and if given a chance, he will climb into the chair with you, just to get closer.

Enjoy Jake!

Thoughts and prayers for Cyndy and you.

Thanks for the dog information. I don't speak dog very well. Maybe that's why our daughters' chihuahua pets, first Rico Suave, and now his son, Maverick Rico Suave, keep pooping in our office room. Rico even pooped behind my office chair a few times with me in it shortly after I took him out. And he peed on my Cambridge Soundworks Model 12.... but I think Chihuahuas are closer related to the fox than to dogs?

• Like 1