Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Alright, pot of decalf brewin, saw the wife off this morning and took a nap, im getting spoiled.

Today salt water conversion unit fitted to the pool, yes this is an above grounder, only a 18' @ 36" deep, they are a pain in the azz but I already owned it for the kids.

Pool last two years with maint, man this thing makes a difference when it's 90+ here.

• Like 1

Fri
sunny.png
102°
Sat
sunny.png
102°
Sun
sunny.png
108°
Mon
sunny.png
108°
Tue
sunny.png

Just wait, when we get near 100 some azzhole goes around lighting fires everywhere, happens every dam year, when we catch these guys we should burn them at the stake, w/video so as to be a warning.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1

• Moderators
I've never been to Mexico
Who sang the song.... Don't go to Mexico? Especially a border town, unless you really know what you are doing....

That's true, it could be like vacation assisted suicide if your not careful, at 6' 3" and not Mexican I can not blend in and look like a local. But we did get off a ship (cheap vacation) with many other targets so it's not bad, you just don't wonder off to far by yourself.

It is fun and it's not terribly unsafe, we met a few tourist in that little bar/restaurant who flew there and were renting a house for a couple of weeks. Going by ship is really a cheap way to go visit places for something different to do. I couldn't stay in any city for 7 days with room and food for these prices.

• Moderators
Fri 102°

That's crazy temps for this time of year, I complain about our heat in July and August but I can't remember it ever being as hot as what you just posted.

How is the humidity there ?

Fri 102°

That's crazy temps for this time of year, I complain about our heat in July and August but I can't remember it ever being as hot as what you just posted.

How is the humidity there ?

40% + now but that wont keep for long, two days of 100+ and we are toast.

• Moderators
Today salt water conversion unit fitted to the pool

That's something I need to get the hang of, I know nothing about this saltwater pool stuff. Some friends were moving and gave the grandkids and above ground pool with a saltwater filter. One of those designs with the blow up ring on top, which if nothing else is easy for people who don't want a pool, like me. I filled it and never added salt yet, it has rained for a week straight here.

It says I need 90 pounds of salt to get started, guess I need to do it since it stopped raining before it turns to green slime.

I tried to talk them out of this but it did not work. :(

Edited by dtel

• Moderators

That's not to bad, except the heat, I had to look up what our average humidity is here and it's 88% in the morning and 61% in the evenings.

Today salt water conversion unit fitted to the pool

That's something I need to get the hang of, I know nothing about this saltwater pool stuff. Some friends were moving and gave the grandkids and above ground pool with a saltwater filter. One of those designs with the blow up ring on top, which if nothing else is easy for people who don't want a pool, like me. I filled it and never added salt yet, it has rained for a week straight here.

It says I need 90 pounds of salt to get started, guess I need to do it since it stopped raining before it turns to green slime.

I tried to talk them out of this but it did not work. :(

Yeah 90Lbs sounds about right, I buy the home depot stuff, they have a pretty good slection of pool goodies, the wife knows this is my last above ground.

If we stay in this house, im getting a backhoe, and it will be saltwater too, all of the neighbors have gone saltwater, way better than chemicals.

I've never been to Mexico
Who sang the song.... Don't go to Mexico? Especially a border town, unless you really know what you are doing....

That's true, it could be like vacation assisted suicide if your not careful, at 6' 3" and not Mexican I can not blend in and look like a local. But we did get off a ship (cheap vacation) with many other targets so it's not bad, you just don't wonder off to far by yourself.

It is fun and it's not terribly unsafe, we met a few tourist in that little bar/restaurant who flew there and were renting a house for a couple of weeks. Going by ship is really a cheap way to go visit places for something different to do. I couldn't stay in any city for 7 days with room and food for these prices.

That is the best way to do it for sure.... Gone are my days of heading to the border when I'm in El Paso, Eagle Pass, Brownsville, etc... age does have its rewards.....

That's not to bad, except the heat, I had to look up what our average humidity is here and it's 88% in the morning and 61% in the evenings.

And the Moskito is your state bird also eh ?

• Like 2

Rain has kept our temps relatively low; yours, too?

• Moderators

We don't normally have a mosquito problem here, but where we are from Louisiana, it crazy, Southeast Louisiana like Delacroix island, Hopedale, Shell beach, it ridicules, you can not possibly stay outside at night and the mosquitos are bigger than fly's. But it's an unbelievable fishing area.

Your right the mosquito should be the Louisiana state bird.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Rain has kept our temps relatively low; yours, too?

Yes it's not had a chance to get hot yet with all the rain, but it's coming, I can tell by watching all the plants and grass, you can almost watch it grow, they know what time of the year it is.

First (Cup's) of Joe, going to need a few today, time to set up the filter conversion unit, yeah I know I said that yesterday.

Got too comfy in the cave, promised myself I would not fire up the amps until the pool is up and running.

Did get my new Scala Crites ordered, come to think of it, that is all I got done yesterday. :rolleyes:

• Like 1