You Know You Are Forgetful

oldtimer

• Moderators

Found it's easier to just not give any, they know what to expect, if I were to give them they would be very suspicious or think I'm dieing.

Dtel, is there anything that you are not able to justify??...... ;)

All of it really, although my wife and family says I'm just like my dad was, with an opinion on everything but really don't give a grap in the long run.

I have given a few cards in my life only to my wife but not many, should be a lot more considering she put up with me for well over 30 years.

Edited by dtel

• Moderators

A few years ago, I missed my father's birthday. When I called 3 days later to apologize, he suggested that forgotten birthdays wouldn't bother him until he couldn't remember his own.

My favorite is when other people ask me what THEY forgot!

I ask my wife to remind me of stuff sometimes, that's about as effective as peeing in the wind.

A few years ago, I missed my father's birthday. When I called 3 days later to apologize, he suggested that forgotten birthdays wouldn't bother him until he couldn't remember his own.

My favorite is when other people ask me what THEY forgot!

I ask my wife to remind me of stuff sometimes, that's about as effective as peeing in the wind.

i wasn't sure if my doctor's appointment was at 2:00 or 3:00--so i showed up at 2:00. while i was checking in, i told the receptionist that i couldn't remember what time the appointment was--she said, "it was 3:00." i thanked her for taking me in early and she said, "it was at 3:00 YESTERDAY." They are kind to me there. I have profound hearing loss and pre-hearing aids, I was in the waiting room and the nurse called a name--nobody got up so i figured it must be me that she called. While she's taking my blood pressure, i'm looking at the chart and i ask, "why does the chart have the name George?" She said, "I stood at the waiting room door and called out for George (can't recall the last name) and you came." I wonder if Old George was getting any good meds?

• Like 1

I am so opposed to the concept of greeting cards. Why spend 5 bucks on a piece of paper with a message and image created by someone else and then just sign it. Somehow that has become a social norm for some reason, $&ing Hallmark! I have made my own personal cards (photoshoped) for very close family members for the past 6 years, the rest get a text and or a gift on major events. To me selecting and texting internet meme is just as meaningful and usually funnier. Sorry what where we talking about?