New Puppy

bracurrie

Rescue animals love in general. Good for both of you, I'd bet.

Now that we have three I may have to sell my Jubs to pay for the dog food and vet bills.(not) But I would in a heart beat as there is nothing warmer than the unconditional love of a dog, or a wife for that matter.

• Like 2

Rescue dogs can be interesting characters. Unfortunately, my 11 year old "pup" still hates hoses (water, specifically), anything resembling a club or rifle, and the stretching of rubber bands. I adopted him at 8 months (which was a guess based on his teeth), and his paperwork at the Oregon Humane Society identified him as a victim. Odd quirks also include additional hatred/mistrust of airplanes, the moon, and helium balloons. Still, he is so very loving, and interested in anything I want to "share" with him, as long as he deems it safe.

With a previous owner that tried to stomp him to death for chewing on furniture, I feel like I'm the luckier of us both.

• Like 3

Still, he is so very loving, and interested in anything I want to "share" with him, as long as he deems it safe.
Been watching some Dog Whisperer episodes trying to deal with the energy of this new "Tennessee Brown Dog". Fear is a hard thing to deal with in a dog. Once broken, trust can never completely be regained. The DW guy says he trains humans and rehabs dogs. Indeed.

Still, he is so very loving, and interested in anything I want to "share" with him, as long as he deems it safe.
Been watching some Dog Whisperer episodes trying to deal with the energy of this new "Tennessee Brown Dog". Fear is a hard thing to deal with in a dog. Once broken, trust can never completely be regained. The DW guy says he trains humans and rehabs dogs. Indeed.

Cesar Milan knows of what he speaks, and I have to agree with that quote.

In my limited experience, this particular dog has trained me as much as I've trained him, but he is also the first warm blooded animal that I have ultimately been responsible for. I'm definitely better for him, but minimizing his exposure to anxiety triggers (once identified) greatly improved our mutual trust.

Cesar Milan knows of what he speaks, and I have to agree with that quote.

In my limited experience, this particular dog has trained me as much as I've trained him, but he is also the first warm blooded animal that I have ultimately been responsible for. I'm definitely better for him, but minimizing his exposure to anxiety triggers (once identified) greatly improved our mutual trust.

there are some here in this forum for whom you have to be mindful of triggers. LOL
  • Like 1

congrates for both you and your new family member!!!

Now about getting that high school senior into college............... One just finished and when the yungun goes we will have officially gone to the dogs. No empty nest here!

With a previous owner that tried to stomp him to death for chewing on furniture, I feel like I'm the luckier of us both.

There are some sick people in the world...

My fuzzy dog was abandoned in a cardboard box without food or water when she was 6 weeks old. Luckily we found her and she's been with us for almost 10 years now.