Party Warriors

oldtimer

I was a party warrior once. It culminated in me taking out both driver side tires and driving on rims until the lips were ground flat. That resulted in me ending up on a grassy embankment in a residential neighborhood and blacking out. I was abruptly waken by half a dozen police officers, failed field sobriety, and blew .204 at county.

First offense, a promise to never return, and a compassionate district attorney meant that I learned an expensive lesson and changed my habits. There's just too much at risk these days, and I surely don't bounce back like I did a decade ago.

• Like 1

I was a party warrior once. It culminated in me taking out both driver side tires and driving on rims until the lips were ground flat. That resulted in me ending up on a grassy embankment in a residential neighborhood and blacking out. I was abruptly waken by half a dozen police officers, failed field sobriety, and blew .204 at county.

First offense, a promise to never return, and a compassionate district attorney meant that I learned an expensive lesson and changed my habits. There's just too much at risk these days, and I surely don't bounce back like I did a decade ago.

Man would I love to party with you !!!!

My best friend, a Civil War historian, just sent me a book he has written on his time in Vietnam and the surrounding years. It's titled:

Like Boy Scouts With Guns

A Counter-Culture Perspective of the Vietnam War

Reminds me (as well as Steve's comments... you could have been hanging around me in the late 60s) how crazy I was when younger.

I won't give details, but I think I'm in.

Bruce

• Moderators
Because when you lose the party ends.

i thought the party just moved to the floor.

Have seen that before, it's ok if the party moves to the floor but I was thinking lose as in police "intervention". I am allergic to jail cells with wasted time and money, and possibly an azz whipping.

Have seen that before, it's ok if the party moves to the floor but I was thinking lose as in police "intervention". I am allergic to jail cells with wasted time and money, and possibly an azz whipping.

i hear that. i lived three doors down (no pun intended, i really did) from a rock group's house. VERY crazy. They never locked the doors and anyone was allowed to just walk in. One night, one of the guys that lived there said he was tired and going to bed. He goes into his room and comes back out and says, "does anyone know that person that sleeping in my bed?" Nobody did.

Anyway, one night they're jamming in the garage. I was getting to be good friends with the drummer. He was older than me--he's the guy that introduced me to Don Van Vliet (Captain Beefheart) and he also played with Ritchie Blackmore (not Deep Purple though). The rest of the guys treated him badly because of his heavy drug use. The first time i met him i was at his drums and he walked in and kicked me off. Later that evening, after we'd gotten to know each other, he said "you can play my drums whenever you want. I only kicked you off because i didnt know you." I felt sorry for the guy because the rest of the band gave him such a bad time, they were always angry at him for being stoned. One night they're jamming in the garage and i tell him, I'll turn out the light, flip on the strobe, and you just go into a hollacious drum solo…and we both did our parts. The rest of the guys got mad and when the lights came back on i turned to say something to the person next to me and its a sheriff (fortunately nothing was being passed around). He said, "Personally, i like it; but, your neighbors don't. You need to keep it down." Dtel--somehow your post brought that story to mind.

Edited by BigStewMan