Youthman's Snowboarding Jump Gone Wrong

Youthman

• Moderators
we will decide on any permanent brain damage over the next few months. If you start replacing everything with little cubes you will need an intervention.

That's awesome. :lol:

Now the naysayers of Deans upgrades will have ammo to lob at Youthman when he says he hears an improvement in sound. "You're just suffering from the effects of having your bell rung!"

You've got a point there. :P

• Moderators
Looks like you were lucky, especially seeing your helmet. Do you have all your functions working ok?

Since the accident, I haven't gone to the bathroom and I sleep with a teddy bear. Everything seems to be fine. :lol: Yes, everything is very surprisingly normal. Nothing broken, fractured, or even bruised. Just a sore neck (both back and front). Today was the best day. Neck was very loose, even after I first woke up this morning. It wasn't until about 1hr ago that my neck started tightening up and getting sore. I've got ice packs on it now and took 3 Ibuprofren to reduce the inflamation. I expect each day to get better and better. I'm guessing I'll be 100% in about 2 weeks after the accident.

Musta been a fun ride. Glad to hear you're ok. Once you evolve from Youthman to Oldman you'll feel them aches & pains a bit longer and decide to try to avoid them from time to time. That helmet looks atrocious, bet it saved you from a genuine headache problem.

Perhaps in light of your good fortune, you should do something nice for yourself to celebrate... like maybe buy one of Roy's new horn loaded subwoofers?

Edited by Coytee

• Moderators
Glad your doing as well as you are. Would not be possible to replace you.

I appreciate the kind words.

They build boards every day, They can be replaced. How did your board come out?

Amazingly, no damage to anything other than the helmet. Board is fine, my body is fine (apart from sore muscles and ligaments in my neck).

I doubt it but if you ever see me out there just blow by me, I'll be along later, you go ahead wild man.

:D I doubt this experience will prevent me from ever hitting a ramp again, I think I'll just be more cautious and hit them at a slower speed until I get a better feel for it.

Musta been a fun ride.

It was truly a great rush. Sorta feeling of weightlessness while in the air. In the first video, you can see how excited I got after the first two jumps. Even when my board slipped out from under me on the 2nd jump, I was thrilled and couldn't wait to do it again.

Once you evolve from Youthman to Oldman you'll feel them aches & pains a bit longer and decide to try to avoid them from time to time.

I'm 38 now. At what age do I need to change my screename? LOL

That helmet looks atrocious, bet it saved you from a genuine headache problem.

I believe you are correct. Fortunately, I do not have any headaches at all.

Perhaps in light of your good fortune, you should do something nice for yourself to celebrate... like maybe buy one of Roy's new horn loaded subwoofers?

I like that idea....I'll let you try to explain that one to my wife though.

lots of snow up here after the two feet we just got Weds & Thurs.

Yeah, we heard it was coming. They were estimating 18" - 24" of snowfall. We flew out Tuesday morning so we just missed it but we still got two days of light snowfall while we were there.

We ski Jay then hit the hot tubs and water park after sliding the slopes.

This was our first time to Vermont. Typically, I take my student ministry to Snowshoe, WV since it's the best skiing in the SE and is drivable which helps keeps the cost down for my youth. Vermont was truly a treat and look forward to going again in the near future.

No need to change your name until you no longer feel Youthful at heart. I think we all need to reserve a place in our heart where we are still young. And don't forget to let the inner child out to play. As we put more years behind us we should get more experience in having fun and learn more ways we like to play.

Thus I believe you could have over 90 years experience, and still be the Youthman!

John

• Moderators
And don't forget to let the inner child out to play.

As a Student Pastor, leading middle school and high school teenagers, from organizing paintball, to adventure camps to all night lock-ins....I have to continually "let the inner child out to play" in order to keep up with them. LOL

Thus I believe you could have over 90 years experience, and still be the Youthman!

I'm ok with that. :D

• Moderators
It was truly a great rush. Sorta feeling of weightlessness while in the air.

It is an unbelievable feeling................right up to the SUDDEN stop, kind of the feeling people get from jumping off buildings, just most don't live to talk about it much after the first jump. :wacko:

Really glad your OK, I sure would NOT want your job being locked in a room all night with teens, you must have a lot of patience.