KPT-904M X3

Heritage_Head

I would have went with the 402 if I could have just bought the horn or the horn, and driver without the networks.

It would have cost another $1500. Plus i have been told that they are closer than you would think. The 402 is better and I would have got them if my wallet was bigger.

I have a small toy fund that I build over time by putting some money away everytime I get paid. I use that to buy my toys. I only buy what I can pay cash for and only use money from that. After buying these its bone dry :o .

Edited by reference_head
  • Like 1

I would have went with the 402 if I could have just bought the horn or the horn, and driver without the networks.

It would have cost another $1500. Plus i have been told that they are closer than you would think. The 402 is better and I would have got them if my wallet was bigger.

I have a small toy fund that I build over time by putting some money away everytime I get paid. I use that to buy my toys. I only buy what I can pay cash for and only use money from that. After buying these its bone dry :o .

I should have clarified... I meant for me with my JBL 2360A horns.

I should have clarified... I meant for me with my JBL 2360A horns.

Lol my bad I see that now dah

• 3 weeks later...

I pulled down the xo to add a bottom base to them. So was able to take a few pics for you guys. The instructions said to mount them right on the top of the cab behind the horn. Not a fan of drilling holes in brand new speakers. So these should work. I had some extra feet padding also that I used on chairs and tables for wood floors.

DSCN0697.jpg

DSCN0695.jpg

DSCN0704.jpg

Edited by reference_head

TY sir... I was looking forward to see those.

we're still awaiting a write up :)

The 904s are really powerful speakers. And as much as that is a huge positive. It also is the only negative I can find. What I mean is I can see this speaker being dangerous to ones hearing if someone goes crazy. It sounds so smooth and effortless that you don't even realize how loud it's getting.

I'm finding the imaging to be really good. In 2ch I hear so many different locations that you can point too for each different sound. With just 2ch In my skinny room. With the speakers so close to the side walls is impressive. The horn on these is farther away then the 7s horn to the side walls. I'm sure that helps.

I'm also having an easer time running my big ported subs in 2ch with these.they sound amazing together. No matter what I did I found the subs bass to sound a bit unnatural with the 7s. They sounded better without the subs imo. I have no idea or even a guess why.

For movies running 3 of these has my face sore after a movie from smiling for 2hr. For how good my last front 3 were. This still might be my biggest upgrade (audio wise) to my system. Just the upgrade in the voice and nothing else made this upgrade worth it.

Klipsch pro line is awesome. I wish everyone on hear could hear some.You would all be hooked. I have said this before but it's worth repeating. I just can't believe these are not in more homes.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Klipsch pro line is awesome. I wish everyone on hear could hear some.You would all be hooked. I have said this before but it's worth repeating. I just can't believe these are not in more homes.

Yep, some think we are crazy, and we just want volume at the expense of detail, some even think they belong in theaters or concerts and there not really HIFI or refined enough for a house. (these things were said)

Volume, we rarely get over 75-85 Db, on rare occasion 100 for a couple of songs, usually well under 50Db during the day, but especially at lower volumes it still sounds better and bigger than anything I have ever had.

Well guess what the jokes on them, as I set here listening I know for a fact they don't know what there talking about. (except for maby looks)

Sorry if your training and expertise says I am wrong but I have heard many speakers over the last 40 years in this hobby and have not heard anything better for even 3 times the price.

I will give you the fact they are big and to some people ugly, but the sound is amazing to us and we aren't changing.

imo

Edited by dtel

It is all about a large sound stage, from my perspective. Blasting is not the number one priority. The comment on the bass being un-natural is interesting. I like the bass from the RF 7II but, blending with the sub is the key point. That is for me the hardest thing in the setup of a system is getting the bass to sound right. I can pretty much live with the highs and midbass from autocalibration but, if the bass is not right I am constantly messing with it till I get it dialed in.

Edited by derrickdj1

Yep, some think we are crazy, and we just want volume at the expense of detail, some even think they belong in theaters or concerts and there not really HIFI or refined enough for a house. (these things were said)

Volume, we rarely get over 75-85 Db, on rare occasion 100 for a couple of songs, usually well under 50Db during the day, but especially at lower volumes it still sounds better and bigger than anything I have ever had.

Well guess what the jokes on them, as I set here listening I know for a fact they don't know what there talking about. (except for maby looks)

Sorry if your training and expertise says I am wrong but I have heard many speakers over the last 40 years in this hobby and have not heard anything better for even 3 times the price.

I will give you the fact they are big and to some people ugly, but the sound is amazing to us and we aren't changing.

imo

Thanks for your passionate response :D

I think looks can really fool a person with speakers. We see a modern looking hi end speaker and its easy to be fooled. To think that one of the ugliest klipsch speakers is one of the best was a bit off to me. So I did have a little doubt they would be as good as people claimed.

Edited by reference_head

imo

Sorta like driving a Ferrari around town... You got all the power you could ever want but don't need to use it. :)

You two probably ended up saving money in the long run. I can't imagine either of you feeling the need to change speakers for something better, how's that feel ?

Feels great! But if I'm being honest I felt that way with my last upgrade :). I hope I can stop but who knows.The only way I can see me change is if it's a big upgrade. And I'm not even sure what that would be at this point.

• Like 1

• Moderators
And I'm not even sure what that would be at this point.

Exactly that is the big difference, the higher you go the less chance you would see a big upgrade in sound. Sides and rears are not nearly as serious a change as your front three were for sure.

• Like 1