KPT-904M X3

Heritage_Head

Ref your room looks so great! I love how clean this is and when you invite a new person over they'll probably think what a cool screen you have but no idea what kind of monster sound you have hiding back there! Incredible! When you get the itch to upgrade, go to the movie theater and realize how superior your home experience is and it may "cure" you for a while! Just awesome - congrats!

What does scope mean. That is one looking setup, I wish I could convince my buddy what he is missing out on with his inwalls.

Its just a term used for a wide screen aspect (cinemascope). The two main screen aspects are the 1.78 (the size of are flat panel tvs). And the scope (2,35 and 2.40). Both have advantages over each other.

Most movies are 16x9, is it the projector that makes the change?

I don't watch many movies, or is that size an option now on BR od DVD's ?

You either zoom in to remove the bars or you get a anamorphic lense on a slide that will stretch the image. The movies you see that have the bars are the ones that you can do this to.

• Like 1

No they are 16x9 still but the movie is shot in say a 2.35 aspect. So it has black bars on top and bottom. So on my screen the black bars fall off the top and bottom of the screen. So you see no bars.

You either zoom in to remove the bars or you get a anamorphic lense on a slide that will stretch the image. The movies you see that have the bars are the ones that you can do this to.

Yes,

How do you like the ben 1070? I did a lot of reading on that model. Seems like an amazing value.

Unless "K501" means part of some assembled package, I believe we're all talking about the "K510"

I've seen it mentioned as a 501 a couple times and want to try to minimize any confusion (perhaps even my own)

• Moderators

Scrappydue has what looks like the 510, Reference_head has what (to me) looks like the 510 but it's the model with the bumps in the corners, that may be the difference ?

Upon coming back home, I emailed Roy and had a question about the picture. Roy put 2 & 2 together.... asked Ralph to turn the speaker around to see if he had a K69 on there or more likely, a K1133. He had the K1133 midrange driver and that is why he had no tinkle and, his 'bug screen' was missing. It wasn't missing but it was deeper in the horn than on the K69. Roy apologized to Ralph and got him the proper driver pronto. I know it's frustrating but you'll soon be smile & happy.

Heck, I would have kept the 1133 and asked Roy to ship me a Tweeter! The 1133 is a way better driver than a K69