KPT-904M X3

Heritage_Head

Most movies are 16x9, is it the projector that makes the change?

I don't watch many movies, or is that size an option now on BR od DVD's ?

You either zoom in to remove the bars or you get a anamorphic lense on a slide that will stretch the image. The movies you see that have the bars are the ones that you can do this to.

Yes,

How do you like the ben 1070? I did a lot of reading on that model. Seems like an amazing value.

This is my first DLP projector and I like it... It is very bright and crystal clear. The only downside is the fan is noisier than I would like and the occasional rainbows. We will see how it does when we move to the 14' wide screen in the HT in the next month or two.

• Like 1

This is my first DLP projector and I like it... It is very bright and crystal clear. The only downside is the fan is noisier than I would like and the occasional rainbows. We will see how it does when we move to the 14' wide screen in the HT in the next month or two.

What size is your screen right now? (sorry if I missed it)

• Like 1

Scrappydue has what looks like the 510, Reference_head has what (to me) looks like the 510 but it's the model with the bumps in the corners, that may be the difference ?

they are both 510's mine are old and his are the new MUMP design. Supposed to have better dispersion.

What size is your screen right now? (sorry if I missed it)

Our current screen is a 16x9 134" Jamestown screen.

• Like 1

They pretty much disappear in the room

I like the ports showing underneath....kinda like the toes of a monster waiting in hiding.

I had two svs subs between the speakers. So it was 6 more ports that run all the way across the wall lol. It looks better with the matching 3. So i tucked the subs behind them.

Scrappydue has what looks like the 510, Reference_head has what (to me) looks like the 510 but it's the model with the bumps in the corners, that may be the difference ?

Its a 510 with MUMPS. Is what i was told.

Edit: nm scrappy beat me to it

Edited by reference_head

I like the ports showing underneath....kinda like the toes of a monster waiting in hiding.

I had two svs subs between the speakers. So it was 6 more ports that run all the way across the wall lol. It looks better with the matching 3. So i tucked the subs behind them.

What kind of Lumens are you getting out of the JVC? I have always liked JVC but I can't afford one for the new screen size as it would be very expensive. I know your black levels are much better than my BenQ but for only $750, I couldn't pass up the deal and my Epson 1080 was pretty old and ready for another bulb (went through one bulb per year). Good thing I got the BenQ because we are at almost 4000 hours on it and it is only 9 months old! I would be on my second bulb of the year with the Epson.

it appears Klipsch has updated the pro section on their website.

Its looks the same. What changed?
its been extremely updated. I'm guessing chad had something to do with it? Much more modern than what it used to look like. I've been eyeing pro stuff for a while now. Edited by Scrappydue

How about the 7ii's. I'm guessing since you said the corns and 7ii's were so close goes for them too. These really are the hidden gem in Klipsch's lineup now. If people can squeeze them they are worth every penny even if bought brand new.

Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 2

man...i hope im invited out to yours or scrappys for a demo! im drooling :D

if you are ever in Kansas City I would be more than willing to have you over for as long of a demo as you want.

Thank you...as well as yourself in the ft wayne in area you and yours are very welcome here as well anytime...I will look forward to the possibility! cheers!

How about the 7ii's. I'm guessing since you said the corns and 7ii's were so close goes for them too. These really are the hidden gem in Klipsch's lineup now. If people can squeeze them they are worth every penny even if bought brand new.

They sit right where the 7s sat so i guess that would be a better comparison. I will just say I'm blown away. The size and clarity is stunning.

• Like 1

What kind of Lumens are you getting out of the JVC? I have always liked JVC but I can't afford one for the new screen size as it would be very expensive. I know your black levels are much better than my BenQ but for only $750, I couldn't pass up the deal and my Epson 1080 was pretty old and ready for another bulb (went through one bulb per year). Good thing I got the BenQ because we are at almost 4000 hours on it and it is only 9 months old! I would be on my second bulb of the year with the Epson.

JVC are not light cannons. And won't win to many max lumens battles. But their ridiculous contrast makes filling a monster screen a breeze. I think they are around 700-800 in best pic mode (best pq). Max out put is 1300 I think.

• Like 1

JVC are not light cannons. And won't win to many max lumens battles. But their ridiculous contrast makes filling a monster screen a breeze. I think they are around 700-800 in best pic mode (best pq). Max out put is 1300 I think.

Do you think it would be bright enough for a 14' wide scope screen in a light controlled HT?