KPT-904M X3

Heritage_Head

First impressions are really good. I ran maac on a different channel so i could go back and forth to what I had it set at before. It set them at -12 so I had to pull out the shack meter and bump up the other channels to match. The 904s are about 11-12ft away. My back and side speakers are around 6-8ft and the 904s are still 10-12db hot. I give maac credit it did a great job on the eq.

It surprises me that they are every bit as smooth (or refined) as the 7s. I thought i might lose a bit with these. Scrappy had said he thought of Cornwalls when he first heard them and I agree. Its like a corn pumped up into a monster corn. These speakers sound fantastic! The voice size and sound is unreal and beyond anything I have heard to date.

I have only had a small amount of time with them so I will have to watch a few movies before I can get to much into what I'm hearing. I do know its going to be hard to not sound like a fan boy when I do. These are some really cool speakers :D

Edited by reference_head
  • Like 1

Everything came and its all hooked up! :D

Sorry i didn't take any pics. I was focused on getting them going

So how was the install... Is it like you expected it to be?

It was pretty easy. The xo is really small. It tucks right in under the horn. So its not visible. One set of wires run down to the cab and the other set up to the horn. It has terminals on it for inputs. Its smaller than a cd case. Im fine with it.

Edited by reference_head
  • Like 2

Everything came and its all hooked up! :D

Sorry i didn't take any pics. I was focused on getting them going

So how was the install... Is it like you expected it to be?

Its was pretty easy. The xo is really small. It tucks right in under the horn. So its not visible. One set of wires run down to the cab and the other set up to the horn. It has terminals on it for inputs. Its smaller than a cd case. Im fine with it.

Also one nice thing with it this way is the speaker input terminals are on the back now and not the side.

lol hate to say this but depending on how crazy you get with the volume (this is crazy to say to a guy with your svs's) but your new weak link will be your subs. i have already played these a few times loud enough that my subs run out of gas with my current amp. well beyond normal levels, or even above normal levels. i was in the stupid loud stuff.

good thing is these are the best speakers i have heard to date in my room. so they will be here for quite some time i am guessing. only where to go now is 402 horn and some tad drivers after that lol. or maybe to jubilee bass bin one day. then of course everyone will harp on me to have horn subs. lol does it ever stop?

lol hate to say this but depending on how crazy you get with the volume (this is crazy to say to a guy with your svs's) but your new weak link will be your subs. i have already played these a few times loud enough that my subs run out of gas with my current amp. well beyond normal levels, or even above normal levels. i was in the stupid loud stuff.

good thing is these are the best speakers i have heard to date in my room. so they will be here for quite some time i am guessing. only where to go now is 402 horn and some tad drivers after that lol. or maybe to jubilee bass bin one day. then of course everyone will harp on me to have horn subs. lol does it ever stop?

All you have to do is stop coming here. :)