KPT-904M X3

Heritage_Head

I don't see the big deal. A few days (or even weeks) is a short time in the end. Maybe Klipsch should just stop selling pro stuff to hobbyists. Maybe more trouble than it is worth. One of my Pro speaks showed up with major damage. I refused the box called American Cinema and Kliipsh had an other one to my house in a week. It was not the end of the world, and I never thought about calling out the lynch mob.

1. They sent him the wrong product

2. They are expecting him to open up the produc,t and repair it with the parts they sent him.

3. He paid for a complete product that he selected, and he did not get the product he paid for.

What would you think if you bought a new car and when you took it home found out that parts were missing, and the Dealer said here are the parts you a re missing... Install them yourself?

Actually, in this case the dealer is letting the car buyer deal with the factory. My stance remains that it is a dealer issue to correct, He made profit from this, he not the customer, should be on the phone to the corporation.

True the dealer needs to deal with this, but keep in mind that we are more of an irritation to them than anything else. The margins on this stuff have to be much narrower than on consumer gear and dealing with a HT guy is not going to be high on their list of prioritys.

Yes the Dealer needs to deal with this problem, but the wonderful thing about the Internet is bad publicity is bad publicity. It doesn't matter if you are a individual buyer or a Theater buying a setup... It spreads like wildfire on the Internet, but Corporations also see this, and may use the info to reflect on their purchases too. It is just plain bad business practice!

I would call my CC, and tell them to withhold payment.
+1

Once you initialize a stop payment they will be very quick to respond .

You just don't want to wait to long or they may not allow it.

I would call my CC, and tell them to withhold payment.
+1

Once you initialize a stop payment they will be very quick to respond .

You just don't want to wait to long or they may not allow it.

Very true , typically you have 30 days .

I had to do this with a big ticket item myself several years ago . The company dragged it's feet for 3 weeks but 2 days after I initialized a stop payment a new one was on the way .

I don't see the big deal. A few days (or even weeks) is a short time in the end. Maybe Klipsch should just stop selling pro stuff to hobbyists. Maybe more trouble than it is worth. One of my Pro speaks showed up with major damage. I refused the box called American Cinema and Kliipsh had an other one to my house in a week. It was not the end of the world, and I never thought about calling out the lynch mob.

Maybe they should stop selling any speakers to anyone if its more trouble than its worth.

I hope they don't. Do you really want to send the speakers back (because that would be your right), or do you just want the XOs to get there yesterday or the day before?

At first the dealer called me and said they are sending me 3 new ones (right model). And they will pick up the other 3. I was ok fine s..t happens. Then a few hours later Klipsch called and said all I need are the networks so we will get them right out to you. I said my dealer just called and said your sending me the right ones I thought? No no all you need is these and we can get them right out to you. By the weekend? Yes Friday or Saturday should be np. We will get them to you as fast as we can ok? Um well so these networks have all the wires and everything I will need? Yes all that you will need. They just forgot to send them. (And that's not true. If it was my cab would say 904-##-N and mine has no N). So I say ok if you can get those to me fast then I will hook them up. He said cool np.

The only reason I called Klipsch from the start was for tech help. Maybe I was missing something on how to hook these up, if they would have came damaged I would have went to the dealer and never called Klipsch. When it was clear I did not have what I needed I contacted the dealer. Who then talked to them and then told me they are sending new ones.

As soon as Klipsch calls me and makes this deal to send the networks and not the new speakers is now an agreement with them and me. For this part anyways.

What's with the Lynch Mob responses..?

A Mistake was obviously made and yes it could have been handled better but to take this incident to the level some here are posting seems very wrong to me. Unless I'm mistaken this appears to be just an unfortunate incident and to let it reach the conclusions and suggestions some have posted seem way overboard IMHO.

As far as worrying about future warranty issues I don't see any issues because this situation isn't that complicated. A model version without crossover was mistakenly sent in place of the model with crossovers (they are identical in all other respects) and that is pretty simple to deal with and understand if in the very unlikely event warranty repair was needed.

reference_head again I'm sorry that this didn't go perfectly smooth for you but some of these post just seem way overboard in response IMHO.

miketn

Not sure who you have dealt with in the past but every time I talk to anyone about warranty work they ask for 2 things, date of purchase and the receipt

Now I wonder why they want a receipt ?? answer: because it has all the pertenant Info....IE serial numbers, date of purchase, & place of purchase........This way they know they are actually working on an item that was purchased through legit channels and that the item is indeed still under warranty..................I dont know about you but if I spend 4500$ I want to be damn sure it is covered with no questions

• Like 1

What's with the Lynch Mob responses..?

A Mistake was obviously made and yes it could have been handled better but to take this incident to the level some here are posting seems very wrong to me. Unless I'm mistaken this appears to be just an unfortunate incident and to let it reach the conclusions and suggestions some have posted seem way overboard IMHO.

As far as worrying about future warranty issues I don't see any issues because this situation isn't that complicated. A model version without crossover was mistakenly sent in place of the model with crossovers (they are identical in all other respects) and that is pretty simple to deal with and understand if in the very unlikely event warranty repair was needed.

reference_head again I'm sorry that this didn't go perfectly smooth for you but some of these post just seem way overboard in response IMHO.

miketn

Not sure who you have dealt with in the past but every time I talk to anyone about warranty work they ask for 2 things, date of purchase and the receipt

Now I wonder why they want a receipt ?? answer: because it has all the pertenant Info....IE serial numbers, date of purchase, & place of purchase........This way they know they are actually working on an item that was purchased through legit channels and that the item is indeed still under warranty..................I dont know about you but if I spend 4500$ I want to be damn sure it is covered with no questions

EXACTLY!

I want the speakers and sending them back would make this even worse at this point. I know at this point the only person in this deal that has taken a hit is me. And if i did send the speakers back then everyone (dealer, klipsch and me) would take a hit. So i guess in terms of trying to get even that would work.

Im going to wait for everything to get here and forget all this happened is my plan :D

• Like 1

• Moderators
Im going to wait for everything to get here and forget all this happened is my plan

Smart move

Deal with it Monday, I would start with crawling up the azz of the company who you bought from, then Klipsch.

Unless the facebook move get's them to fix your problem, please, bitching to be bitching, yep that helps, much better than dealing with them when there open.

I agree he was done wrong and I would be extremely mad also but this is not high school deal with it like any real business problem, if you then don't get the results you think is fair tell them to pick them up.

One thing that would bother me... mis_labeling. I know it seems like a small thing, but I ordered X and received Y and the label says Y... later, when someone asks, are you sure these are X's and not Y's, what are you going to say? Everything I could deal with, including waiting for the correct product and label.

• Like 1

One thing that would bother me... mis_labeling. I know it seems like a small thing, but I ordered X and received Y and the label says Y... later, when someone asks, are you sure these are X's and not Y's, what are you going to say? Everything I could deal with, including waiting for the correct product and label.

As was mentioned earlier... Make sure you keep all the contact info so you can prove that this was ordered as such and such product and the solution was ... per whoever it was at Klipsch. My worry would be down the road if there was a warranty problem they might say "sorry but that person doesn't work here any more" or "they were not authorized to say that". By the way Klipsch has handled this so far I wouldn't put it past them to pull that.

I want the speakers and sending them back would make this even worse at this point. I know at this point the only person in this deal that has taken a hit is me. And if i did send the speakers back then everyone (dealer, klipsch and me) would take a hit. So i guess in terms of trying to get even that would work.

Im going to wait for everything to get here and forget all this happened is my plan :D

I don't think the dealer will take a hit on it as he can also return the speakers and cancel the order if you return them now. Klipsch is the only one that will take a hit.

If you return them now you can get some used and save money too. Why pay extra for the headache they are putting you through? I posted about this on Klipsch's Facebook page too. We will see what other Klipsch customers/fans think about the direction Klipsch Customer Service had taken since PWK passed away. Maybe they will step up to the plate and replace the speakers with the ones you ordered or like someone else suggested... A free upgrade to the 402 horns.

Sorry to rant but I would be furious if this happened to me.

Interesting post on the AVS forums about Klipsch... "I'll let others share their experience, but on Thursday of last week Klipsch parent company's stock was hitting an all-time low and they seemed to be preoccupied at CS...Ironically, they made good in the end, but I had a bad experience when Indianapolis won the Super Bowl and the following Monday no one was answering the phones."