Heritage HT and 2ch rigs

McMiRA

So, I've wondered, those of you who have full heritage or even pro theaters, do you have a dedicated 2ch system? What is it? Just curious where one goes when there is nowhere really left to go. I'm not referring to sitting in the theater and listening to music on pure direct, I'm talking about when you sit down at night with tubes glowing, sip something on the rocks and let the vinyl( insert cd or hdd) spin.

So, I've wondered, those of you who have full heritage or even pro theaters, do you have a dedicated 2ch system? What is it? Just curious where one goes when there is nowhere really left to go. I'm not referring to sitting in the theater and listening to music on pure direct, I'm talking about when you sit down at night with tubes glowing, sip something on the rocks and let the vinyl( insert cd or hdd) spin.

Why couldn't you do that in your HT? I used to have a dedicated HT/ Listening room, and I intend to do the same with the new HT room except now I don't have my Gyrodec or vinyl any more so it will be CDs, and FLACs off the server.

I once had the rf-63 home theater and that was it. Then a second theater upstairs. Smaller reference stuff. Then got Cornwalls. Was set there. Sold the rf-63 stuff. Bought the thx ultra set. Was set again. Didn't like it after time. Now have the cinema stuff. So rf-63 upstairs. Sounds fantastic for both music and movies. Pro cinema downstairs. Same for it. Great for both. Cornwalls sit in storage now as I don't have room for them. And only ones wife won't let me sell. EVENTUALLY I would plan on having a 2 channel only room. Few treatments, two speakers, my gear, and NOTHING else. No distractions. Go in and listen in the dark. And that room will have the Cornwalls. Unless I win the lottery. Then it will be full of about 40 pairs of speakers so I can listen to something different every night. Magnepan for piano music, some sweet ribbons for female vocals, and of course some horns for everything else! But I'd start trying every horn on earth out! Ahh one can dream. Lol

• Moderators

Currently, mine is the RF-7ii in the living room. I don't have a dedicated 2ch "room" per say. I'm scared to bring my new LaScalas into the living room when the wife isn't home to see how they sound compared to the DeanG RF-7ii in fear that I might be begging the wife to buy another pair of LaScalas for the living room. :D

• Like 1

I might be begging the wife to buy another pair of LaScalas for the living room.

Find a pair of Belles and you may get away with it. I have heard many say the LaScalas are somewhat ugly(not me), but never once heard that about Belles.

klipsch_belle_1.jpg

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

• Moderators

No heritage or pro theater, it's not even a theater it's a living room. :( 4 forte ll's and 2 original fortes, 6.1

Yes a dedicated 2 ch in the same room but not glowing tubes or vinyl, :( will blinkey lights count ? :mellow: mwm/402

"Just curious where one goes when there is nowhere really left to go."

There is always somewhere left to go, I would love to change some of the Ht stuff, like the receiver, but it does not get used which makes it hard to get excited about. I feel no need to change the 2 ch stuff

My 2 channel rig IS my home theater set up... 2 channel takes priority here and as such is driven by getting to the "sound" that will fulfill this requirement.

Even though HT takes a back seat in my set up, it doesn't mean I do not want great HT sound, and for a 3.1 system i think I get to this fairly effectively. I don't think I could ever own any system larger than a 5.1, but those last two rears/sides are not nearly as important for me right at this moment as getting my front left/right's were.

• Like 2

Currently, mine is the RF-7ii in the living room. I don't have a dedicated 2ch "room" per say. I'm scared to bring my new LaScalas into the living room when the wife isn't home to see how they sound compared to the DeanG RF-7ii in fear that I might be begging the wife to buy another pair of LaScalas for the living room. :D

If you did that... You might make money out of the deal and have more cash to pay for your HT room mods.

I have the following shoe horned in one room that is 23X12..and yes, I live alone. ;)

HT: 3 CW up front with a single CW handling the rear center duty. The sides are RS-3's so not completely heritage.

2 Channel #1 Pair of Belles powered by a Scott 299c and at times a JM Blueberry W/cream -Musical Hall 2.1 TT.

2 Channel #2: Pair of K-Horns powered by a modded point to point ST-70, JM Peach for the Pre duties, and a run of the mill DVD player.

Not perfect but it suits me fine. The K-horns are on the short wall due the lack of corners and the Bells are on a half wall that separates the livingroom and the kitchen which that is on one side of the long wall.

Thanks

JJ